Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 04:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,971,088 times

Advertisements

More "consensus" statements instead of facts:

“There is no argument among medical professionals – pediatricians, pediatric endocrinologists, adolescent medicine physicians, adolescent psychiatrists, psychologists, etc. – about the value and the importance about the value and the importance of gender-affirming care,” Levine said when asked about a new fact sheet published by the Florida Department of Health advising against gender-affirming care for kids.

And it's response to this:

https://www.floridahealth.gov/_docum...elease.pr.html

Systematic reviews on hormonal treatment for young people show a trend of low-quality evidence, small sample sizes, and medium to high risk of bias. A paper published in the International Review of Psychiatry states that 80% of those seeking clinical care will lose their desire to identify with the non- birth sex. One review concludes that "hormonal treatments for transgender adolescents can achieve their intended physical effects, but evidence regarding their psychosocial and cognitive impact is generally lacking."

According to the Merck Manual, “gender dysphoria is characterized by a strong, persistent cross- gender identification associated with anxiety, depression, irritability, and often a wish to live as a gender different from the one associated with the sex assigned at birth.”

Due to the lack of conclusive evidence, and the potential for long-term, irreversible effects, the Department's guidelines are as follows:
• Social gender transition should not be a treatment option for children or adolescents.
• Anyone under 18 should not be prescribed puberty blockers or hormone therapy.
• Gender reassignment surgery should not be a treatment option for children or adolescents.
o Based on the currently available evidence, "encouraging mastectomy, ovariectomy, uterine extirpation, penile disablement, tracheal shave, the prescription of hormones which are out of line with the genetic make-up of the child, or puberty blockers, are all clinical practices which run an unacceptably high risk of doing harm."
• Children and adolescents should be provided social support by peers and family and seek counseling from a licensed provider.

AND for those who will quickly screech about the 0.018% of the population with genetic disorders:

These guidelines do not apply to procedures or treatments for children or adolescents born with a genetically or biochemically verifiable disorder of sex development (DSD). These disorders include, but are not limited to, 46, XX DSD; 46, XY DSD; sex chromosome DSDs; XX or XY sex reversal; and ovotesticular disorder.

The Department’s guidelines are consistent with the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services age requirement for surgical and non-surgical treatment. These guidelines are also in line with the guidance, reviews, and recommendations from Sweden, Finland, the United Kingdom, and France.

Parents are encouraged to reach out to their child’s health care provider for more information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 05:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,816,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...aa52aeb9d5c01f

I'm trying to break my addiction to political forums but the left is not making it easy...every time I go onto GLP for just 30 seconds I see something even more stupid coming out of the mouths of the left that I just have to share here.... So this is the new normal for the left eh?

What have we come to as a country and a species...my God these people..... I'm sure they all agree...or they lose their medical license.... What thinks you posters? Clown world?
Here is what seems to be the position of the American Academy of Pediatrics :

“It is critically important for every child to have access to quality, comprehensive and evidence-based care — transgender and gender-diverse youth are no exception,”

https://publications.aap.org/aapnews...of-transgender

Gender-affirming care is a range of social, psychological, behavioral, and medical interventions.

Factual information about the number of trans people who voluntarily undergo mastectomy, hysterectomy, castration and surgical reconstruction seems scarce. In contrast, evidence of menstruating and/or pregnant women who identify as male seems to be increasing.

Regardless of any of it, biology cannot be changed.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:13 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,605,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Well yeah.

They don't want to be called a "gender bigot" by the Far Left operatives...I mean journalists who shape the zeitgeist.

Not that that makes it OK.

In most instances it's sheer cowardice.
They will risk it if it means they have to pay big premiums for malpractice insurance. My solution would work. Hopefully there are already lawsuits working their way through the courts right now.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,971,088 times
If a confused 13 year old takes hormones for 5 years and then comes to her senses ...

does she get to sue the doctor for malpractice for a wrongful treatment?

Old 05-03-2022, 06:32 PM

18,531 posts, read 8,337,800 times
I still say this plays right into the liberals population control.....

Old 05-03-2022, 06:53 PM

1,213 posts, read 569,664 times
These people need to be locked up.
Totally sick in the head. I swear.
Lock them the $&@! up.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:40 PM

38,034 posts, read 22,214,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
I think it’s about money. There is a LOT of money to be made having life long hormone therapy patients. The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Very true words.
That's true too. And the woke trans bullies make their job all that much easier. Every teen who walks in their door is a paycheck, because the doctors aren't allowed to question a trans teen, only to ask them how fast they want to start the process.

I saw a woman who walked into a planned parenthood, and told them she wanted to start taking testosterone. PP didn't even blink, they didn't provide her with counseling, they just asked her how much testosterone she wants them to start injecting into her. It's nuts.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:13 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...aa52aeb9d5c01f

I'm trying to break my addiction to political forums but the left is not making it easy...every time I go onto GLP for just 30 seconds I see something even more stupid coming out of the mouths of the left that I just have to share here.... So this is the new normal for the left eh?

What have we come to as a country and a species...my God these people..... I'm sure they all agree...or they lose their medical license.... What thinks you posters? Clown world?
This headline is a lie and should be removed
That is not what the nominee said
This is just another alt-right propaganda dog whistle

Old 05-03-2022, 08:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Levine is one sick motxer fuker..just saying.
She is so awfully homely that she is in no position to promote transgenderism

Old 05-03-2022, 08:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is this type of liberal lunacy that will demand that sane citizens separate permanently from liberals.

Liberals will become more and more insane over time, so there is little hope of being able to co-exist with lunatics. They do not share respect for the rule of law nor the Constitution any longer. Time to separate from the loons.
Then what should happen to kids who keep claiming they feel like they should be treated like the opposite sex? Aren't they insane, too, for being that way? Don't you strongly feel they should be expelled from school until they can be mentally programmed to change their minds and believe they are fully the gender they were born with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies