Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 02:21 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Here is the quote that was attributed to her after the protests at their houses.

She sure isn't discouraging them from protesting at their front doors.

Can you show us any statement where she said that protesting at their front door is wrong?
It is against the law. It is a felony. It is a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 02:23 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'praises' is different than 'lauds'?

how?
Well, ya can praise the laud, but ya can't laud the praise, now can ya?

Old 05-09-2022, 02:24 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Here is the quote that was attributed to her after the protests at their houses.

She sure isn't discouraging them from protesting at their front doors.

Can you show us any statement where she said that protesting at their front door is wrong?
There are 10s of thousands of protests planned. Millions will be marching.
So you want to concentrate on the few dozen of peaceful protestors who were dispersed. The police were there. The protestors left. No one was hurt. Some screaming. I saw the videos, they didn’t look too scary and no police were attacked.
The police seem to be handling it just fine. The protestors seem to have followed the police commands.
But yet you want pelosi to only comment about a past protest which was peacefully disbursed or walked past the homes. So you think they should have all been arrested before they were allowed to leave? Do you think they should have shot?
Maybe she should have praised their being peaceful and dispersing and “moving along” as they were told to do.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I guess the police should have arrested them instead of letting them go home.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:25 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I didn't know there was federal law that pertains to this very issue. If they break the law they should be arrested.
It's not just the federal law, this is one of those "in general" sort of things.

Peaceful protesters, arrested for blocking traffic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ridge-protest/

Protesters dispersed\arrested for a variety of things outside LA mayors home over rents.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/3-p...-cancel-rents/

You can't just throw together protests outside someones home or business legally in most places and you often run afoul of a number of laws.

Judges in particular have even harsher laws.

Why was no one arrested. Or were some?

Old 05-09-2022, 02:26 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
There are 10s of thousands of protests planned. Millions will be marching.
So you want to concentrate on the few dozen of peaceful protestors who were dispersed. The police were there. The protestors left. No one was hurt. Some screaming. I saw the videos, they didn’t look too scary and no police were attacked.
The police seem to be handling it just fine. The protestors seem to have followed the police commands.
But yet you want pelosi to only comment about a past protest which was peacefully disbursed or walked past the homes. So you think they should have all been arrested before they were allowed to leave? Do you think they should have shot?
Maybe she should have praised their being peaceful and dispersing and “moving along” as they were told to do.
What's your address? I know some peace-loving people who would like to drop by all hours of the day to protest your job and your opinion.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:27 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
That's why the professional protesters scattered when the cops came.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:28 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
This is why I do not listen to anything the Left has to say on any issue since every time the open their mouths, they’re wrong.

I bet Poligrip Pelosi would demand long prison terms if the Right gathered outside her mansion to protest her.

Oh, I forgot Potato Biden told to say that MAGA supporters are the biggest threat to the country.

Well, this is telegraphing that the Left is about to destroy our cities again, just like in 2020, AND with the support of these so-called Leftist leaders.

All this does is push me even deeper into believing that MAGA message is the right one for me and for the survival of the country, as a TRUE DEMOCRACY. I pray for a Trump/DeSantis ticket in 2024 to bring back some common sense.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's not just the federal law, this is one of those "in general" sort of things.

Peaceful protesters, arrested for blocking traffic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ridge-protest/

Protesters dispersed\arrested for a variety of things outside LA mayors home over rents.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/3-p...-cancel-rents/

You can't just throw together protests outside someones home or business legally in most places and you often run afoul of a number of laws.

Judges in particular have even harsher laws.

Why was no one arrested. Or were some?
Generally, if you are told to leave, and you leave, you don’t get arrested. If you refuse to leave then you can get arrested. It takes time and money to process protestors. If no one is violent, and they leave the premise there are no arrests.
Do you think it should be different? Harsher?

Old 05-09-2022, 02:35 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Should we really be surprised if she did in fact praise those protesters?

The Dems were all behind the riots that caused Billions of dollars in damage, burned out business and homes, attacks on Federal buildings, the destruction of statues, untold injuries and murders etc etc BUT when the mob came to their House on January 6th they all cried and called in the troops to put up fences to seal off the Capital.

Protesting conservative judges no problem but how would Nancy Pants respond if the mob came to her street? I suspects the cops would be ordered to clear them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies