Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 03:13 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
My opposition to letting Trump back on Twitter is that mass media will once again start publishing stories about his latest Tweet justifying himself or trashing others. I'm just not up for that. I'll have to become a hermit to avoid it. The world would be a better place if he and all those trying to make a buck off of him would just go away forever!
You poor thing! Surely there is a safe space on reddit or Vox that you can retreat to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 03:14 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You poor thing! Surely there is a safe space on reddit or Vox that you can retreat to?
Nowhere is safe from Trump being a jacka$$ and everyone else trying to make a buck off of it. I'm exhausted by it. Aren't you?

Old 05-10-2022, 03:17 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryEmuEggs View Post
Freedom! Unless your a woman.

But anyways, lol it’s not freedom. Just a crony releasing his guy.

But I’m for it. I’m looking forward to more absurd tweets to bring in the memes.
freedom to kill is the leftist idea of 'freedom'

Old 05-10-2022, 03:17 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Nowhere is safe from Trump being a jacka$$ and everyone else trying to make a buck off of it. I'm exhausted by it. Aren't you?
No. I'm exhausted by the lying hacks in the media, who can't report a single thing fairly. I'm exhausted by Marxists/leftists rioting constantly when they don't get their way. I'm exhausted by paying $70 to fill up my car when it was only $30 under Trump. I'm exhausted by constantly being called a racist and a bigot by racist, bigoted liberals. I'm exhausted by one political party's goal to destroy every institution in this country and then blame it on those of us who actually like the country.

Trump does not exhaust me at all. He is the only politician who actually fights against the traitors and Marxists and "journalists" who ***DO*** exhaust me.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:19 PM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Elon Musk doesn't get the keys to twitter until late October (done for the election?) Also, do real people even use Twitter? I used it to find information for real time current event information and to follow Trump, but besides that its just a bunch of overweight purple haired women, beta lanky males, bots spewing hatred.

Trump now has is own platform that cannot be taken off the internet (twitter can be removed from the internet). I know the frustration and slow rollout of Truth Social as I'm still waiting to get access to it, but he should have never been removed.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:27 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No. I'm exhausted by the lying hacks in the media, who can't report a single thing fairly. I'm exhausted by Marxists/leftists rioting constantly when they don't get their way. I'm exhausted by paying $70 to fill up my car when it was only $30 under Trump. I'm exhausted by constantly being called a racist and a bigot by racist, bigoted liberals. I'm exhausted by one political party's goal to destroy every institution in this country and then blame it on those of us who actually like the country.

Trump does not exhaust me at all. He is the only politician who actually fights against the traitors and Marxists and "journalists" who ***DO*** exhaust me.
Well, if it makes you feel less alone, I'm having a really terrible day, too, Rowing Fiend. I've just gotten some awful news, but, hey, I'm sure Trump can come to the rescue...not. In any case, I just can't give a flying F what Trump has to say about anything right now. Not that it's your problem, but I don't have the bandwidth for Trump's bullsh!t whether it's through Twitter or second hand by an outraged media talking head, no matter which network. I'm just done with people being a$$holes. The world is a cruel place. Gas is expensive. People are racists. Loved ones are diagnosed with cancer and die way before their time. And some of us just need to scream into the ether!

Old 05-10-2022, 03:29 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Trump was careful not to mention Twitter at his recent rally and didn't bring up Musk at all. Hope to see Trump back on Twitter.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:32 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump now has is own platform that cannot be taken off the internet (twitter can be removed from the internet). I know the frustration and slow rollout of Truth Social as I'm still waiting to get access to it.....
Truth Social can be taken off the internet. It's already failing. The roll out failed and hardly anyone uses it. At some point someone will say "Stick a fork in it, it's done". Once it goes belly up, it will be off the internet. Gone. Poof.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:49 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Dems bring it on themselves. They’ve been trying to get him for 5+ years and they continue to obsess over him. Easy enough to ignore because Trump posts if one wants to, but many obviously can’t let him go.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:00 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
My opposition to letting Trump back on Twitter is that mass media will once again start publishing stories about his latest Tweet justifying himself or trashing others. I'm just not up for that. I'll have to become a hermit to avoid it. The world would be a better place if he and all those trying to make a buck off of him would just go away forever!
Since 2020 I just skip any articles with his name or picture attached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies