Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 09:26 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
G.W. Bush....what a debacle of a presidency. An establishment hack just like his dad.
I think you need to lay of some of that beer you are drinking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 10:12 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"with the IRAQ war lie"

First started by clinton.

"and the Katrina mess"

W tried to get the La governor to ask him to send in the National Guard and she REFUSED.

He then went to mayor of NO and He refused

In fact the gov LEFT TOWN the night BEFORE the hurricane hit.

But, it was W's fault!

Dems NEVER take responsibility for their actions or NON actions!
No, he's an idiot and you simply can't understand why anyone would ever see through a politicians stupidity, regardless of party..

Old 05-19-2022, 10:25 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The war in Iraq was a mistake, but it was undertaken because of mistaken intelligence about Saddam having WMDs. On the other hand, the Kremlin lies about its motives in Ukraine, and knowingly lies. Moreover, the USA never intended to Iraq as a war of conquest, just regime change. The Kremlin again lies about its motives, stating they want regime change. What they actually want (and what they're doing) is the destruction of the Ukrainian nation: deporting Ukrainians to Russia, banning the Ukrainian language and Ukrainian language materials, etc. This isn't merely regime change they're after, but ethnic cleansing, a genocide of Ukrainians and the erasure of the Ukrainian nation. They kill, imprison, torture Ukrainians. There's a massive difference between Ukraine and Iraq.
Well it was weak intelligence, but it wasn't wrong. There was a recent study that blames Gulf War Syndrome on US bombing of Sarin gas storage. So Sadaam did have WMD. Its just the intelligence they used wasn't proof of it.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:33 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
I really don't think this was about WMD's. Dubya had a personal vendetta against Hussein since he tried to whack his daddy back in the day.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:07 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I really don't think this was about WMD's. Dubya had a personal vendetta against Hussein since he tried to whack his daddy back in the day.
I know I'm in a minority, even among conservatives, but I think Iraq was the right war at the right time.

Sadaam was shooting at our planes enforcing the Kurdish no fly zone every week. We already were at war with him.

He did have WMD and had used them against his own population and threatened to use them against Israel.

The guy was pretty certifiable.

The sanctions were breaking down. Sadaam had bribed high officials in the German, French and Russian governments. It was only a matter of time before he was well funded again with his oil exports.

The mistake wasn't the way we handled the war. The mistake was how we handled the peace. We put in too few soldiers to control the country and then allowed the new government to disenfranchise the Baathists, which directly lead to the first insurrection.

And it was Obama who bungled and helped create the ISIS state in Iraq and Syria.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:59 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,563,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
President Obama musing at the annual White House Correspondents Dinner,

“A few weeks ago Dick Cheney said he thinks I’m the worst president of his lifetime, which is interesting, because I think Dick Cheney is the worst president of my lifetime.”
Both Cheney and Obama are not wrong.. tho LBJ was also a pretty terrible president of their lifetimes.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:01 PM

45,228 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:

“A few weeks ago Dick Cheney said he thinks I’m the worst president of his lifetime, which is interesting, because I think Dick Cheney is the worst president of my lifetime.”
Just one war criminal musing over the career of another war criminal.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:11 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The war in Iraq was a mistake, but it was undertaken because of mistaken intelligence about Saddam having WMDs.
Tosh. That stuff was fabricated to support an agenda. Stovepiping, it's a thing.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:21 PM
bu2

Quote:

Stunning! First time I've ever seen Obama display a sense of humor!

Old 05-19-2022, 01:24 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well it was weak intelligence, but it wasn't wrong. There was a recent study that blames Gulf War Syndrome on US bombing of Sarin gas storage. So Sadaam did have WMD. Its just the intelligence they used wasn't proof of it.
Gulf War August 1990 – February 1991
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies