Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 03:58 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,242,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So far, but he hasn't gone to trial yet.

I haven't been involved in a fender bender for fifty years. That does not mean the next time I go to the grocery store I won't get hit.

With a minimum of five Grand Juries hearing evidence on various Trump activities, and knowing that GJs exist because there was some sort of alleged criminal evidence to cause them to be created. Their job is to decide whether or not there is evidence sufficient to indict, and they have carte blanche power to subpoena witnesses and documents in their investigations. Fani Willis' investigation in Fulton County, Georgia concerning Trump's phone call to Raffensperger for the purpose of election tampering seems to be the one that is furthest along.

You could be correct in your assumption that Trump is as innocent as a newborn child. You need to also consider that he may very soon have to prove his innocence. Discounting that possibility is delusional.
Lol. There’s nothing to get him on.

Quite the strawman argument. You’re reaching for anything you can because you so hope and wish there’s something there.

Yep, and they still have nothing. Fani will go the way of the rest. In a blaze of fit and rage when they can’t get him on anything.

I’ll be correct…and if, but, may, could, possibly, etc…, means nothing as we’ve seen for the last 5 years as your predictions have been wrong and will continue to be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 04:10 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,640,936 times
Quote:
"The Trumps have argued that their testimony could be used against them in related criminal probes."

Sounds like a good reason to be afraid of testifying, if you know you're guilty.

Nah. They won't take the bait.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Bingo

Old 05-28-2022, 06:06 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,197,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
He can just do what all the democrats do when questioned…”I do not remember, I do not recall”.
Which Democrat said that in which case? Was it all he or she said or was some detail forgotten?
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Because Trump will never be indicted. Just more hoping and wishing and now with Fani the new flavor of the week. They’ll flail and flail just like the others for the last 5+ years.
I think Trump will be indicted for election meddling in GA.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Which Democrat said that in which case? Was it all he or she said or was some detail forgotten?

I think Trump will be indicted for election meddling in GA.
Of course you do. He’s consumed you and you’re hoping with all you’re might they’ll get him. I’m predicting there’s nothing to get him on, hence they don’t.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:25 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Not bait. It’s called a “court order.”

Unwise to ignore same. Bad stuff happens.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:39 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,640,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
He's been a financial sore on the back side of NY and NJ for decades. Ask anybody around NY or NJ. He's left banks and investors holding the bag for billions. Not too mention inflating his assets to get better loans, then deflating his assets to pay less taxes. His game is coming to an end. Oh, that losing the election and then trying to use false electors to change the election outcome, and weasel his way back into the WH. Thats not helping his case.
All of the above was OK, because Trump was a Democrat. When he turned GOP, he became the enemy of those cooked states.

Old 05-29-2022, 09:16 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
All of the above was OK, because Trump was a Democrat. When he turned GOP, he became the enemy of those cooked states.
None of it was ever okay at any time to anyone who cares about getting ripped off. When someone manipulates the value of properties to get a larger tax break, he steals from every taxpayer who has to make up the difference.

The investigations into his business practices started because of Michael Cohen's testimony before Congress in 2017 that Trump had cooked the books. Discrepancies have been found per the AG of New York and the DA of Manhattan, and they would like to have an explanation before taking action. Trump and his children are the only ones who can give such an explanation.

It seems like instead of drawing it out, anyone who was innocent would want to schedule an appearance ASAP to set the record straight and confirm his innocence, but maybe I missed something. Trump may be as pure as the driven snow, but he is acting like a guilty man.

The Democrats, and I am certain at least some republicans, would like to see justice done. The AG of NY wants to see justice done. That leaves us wondering, do you want to see justice done?

Old 05-29-2022, 09:16 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:

Old 05-29-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
None of it was ever okay at any time to anyone who cares about getting ripped off. When someone manipulates the value of properties to get a larger tax break, he steals from every taxpayer who has to make up the difference.

The investigations into his business practices started because of Michael Cohen's testimony before Congress in 2017 that Trump had cooked the books. Discrepancies have been found per the AG of New York and the DA of Manhattan, and they would like to have an explanation before taking action. Trump and his children are the only ones who can give such an explanation.

It seems like instead of drawing it out, anyone who was innocent would want to schedule an appearance ASAP to set the record straight and confirm his innocence, but maybe I missed something. Trump may be as pure as the driven snow, but he is acting like a guilty man.

The Democrats, and I am certain at least some republicans, would like to see justice done. The AG of NY wants to see justice done. That leaves us wondering, do you want to see justice done?
We have seen justice. There’s simply no proof to get him. Why are you continuing to assume he’s guilty when 5+ years has turned up zilch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies