Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 03:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So, for those that think skin color matters, if the guy was white, you would have jumped in, possibly risking your life because this guy had this woman by the hair? Left your wife a widow, and your kids without a father? Yeah, my husband knows he better not do that, not in the world today!
While it shouldn’t, skin color certainly matters and hate crime will be touted.

Don’t recall anyone saying they would let their family member suffer but not someone that they don’t know and risk the consequences of being sued. It’s a shame it’s come to this, but that’s how protesters, politicians, lawyers, etc…, have made it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 03:44 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Unless and until sanity returns, I will not be going to New York City. As they say, the fight you're most likely to win is the one that you don't get into in the first place.
I avoid all big cities these days... huge risk for little or no satisfaction.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:47 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,544 times
Nice yoga pants bro.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:53 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So, for those that think skin color matters, if the guy was white, you would have jumped in, possibly risking your life because this guy had this woman by the hair? Left your wife a widow, and your kids without a father? Yeah, my husband knows he better not do that, not in the world today!
If I was in that situation, I wouldn't have done anything except maybe say something. I am white, and violent perp molesting woman was black. I lose in the court of public opinion, and my career, reputation, family, etc all matter to me. If it were a white guy, I'd likely have stepped in. Same exact scenario, just change perp skin color, and me intervening goes from hate crime to heroic.

That's the narrative. It's twisted, but that's what it is.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:56 PM

811 posts, read 550,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Perp has the melanin protective coating. Nobody wants to be on “the wrong side of history” as they do love to say.
Who is “they”?

Speaking of history, you should read this and see why cities like NY have become so violent over the past 40 years.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/crack-epidemic

The melanin protective group wouldn’t be here either if a certain history didn’t occur. This is why certain groups maybe should have done the job themselves they imported others to.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:02 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Who is “they”?
The people that created and control the narrative that anytime anything negative happens to a black person, even if they brought it upon themselves, is a hate crime. In fact, every time Barack Obama sermonized on hate crimes, systemic racism or white supremacy, as he was wont to do way too often, he almost always mentioned the right/wrong side of history. He still does. It's one of his top five catch phrases.

Basically, the liberal media-political complex dogma, whatever it happens to be at any given time, is the "right side of history": and everything NOT that is the wrong side of history.

So it is sort of wrong that a dude molested a woman on the subway, but bigger biggest hugest wrong is anyone intervening and thus bringing harm to a black person, and that immediately puts them on the wrong side of history, because "black" defeats "helpless woman" right now in the cultural narrative.

That intersectionality matrix has a ranking. Folks on the left spend great amounts of time and effort keeping it updated. You would do well to make sure you know before you find yourself on the wrong side of it, and thus history.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:05 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
This was tough to watch. The crazy guy is grabbing to woman by the hair assaulting her and nobody on the NYC train intervenes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w7_7q4m5T7w

Sad where we are as a society. She looked so helpless
Where is Bernhard Goetz when you need him?

Bernhard Goetz: "You seem to be doing alright, here's another."

Old 05-27-2022, 04:35 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
As already mentioned, the bad guy had a society approved melanin shield, thus giving him instant victim cred were anyone to intervene in his assault on that woman.

Anyone intervening goes to jail for a hate crime. That's where we are right now, and everyone knows it.
You are correct. In Chicago, a city that is 30% Black, I can honestly say that every single disturbance I’ve ever seen on the train (people playing music loudly, talking/cursing/ using the N word loudly, aggressively begging, being rambunctious, etc) has been caused by Blacks.

Thankfully I mostly telework now. No other race acts like this….

My experience on the DC subway is the exact same.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:37 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
This was tough to watch. The crazy guy is grabbing to woman by the hair assaulting her and nobody on the NYC train intervenes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w7_7q4m5T7w

Sad where we are as a society. She looked so helpless
Easy to say you would intervene from behind the keyboard.
Been on a NYC subway train lately?
By the way I didn't watch the video.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
I don't understand all of this video. Is she in a relationship with him? Is that what others think, that she's his girlfriend and they don't want to get involved in her problems?

I'm not even sure the guy in the "muscle" shirt is even aware of the situation. She's not making any noise - you'd have to be looking right at her to see a problem.

Would this have turned out differently, if she'd loudly demanded, "WHO ARE YOU? LET ME GO RIGHT NOW" like they always tell you do to in self-defense classes?

Awful story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies