Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 06:20 AM

942 posts, read 390,983 times

Advertisements

Still want to blame it on the weapon?

Just this weekend I was talking with a fifth grader that I am VERY close with. He said a boy in his class is always talking about how much he wants to kill people and describes in vivid detail how he wants to do it. I asked if the teacher was aware of what he was saying, and the answer was " yes, BUT, he has ADHD and that we have to cut him some slack". So, do you feel this response is adequate? Let's cut the kid some slack and just wait to see if he acts out on his fantasies..... and then when he does.......blame it on the KNIFE he wants to use to disembowel his classmates? If the warning signs are dismissed....... don't blame the tools when the mentally impaired act out. Step 1, in this case, HAS TO BE HAPPENING NOW! And it has nothing to do with guns, knifes, or any other tool that can be used to kill or maim others.

How many times do we have to hear that the warning signs were there but nobody stepped in? Until we get serious on dealing with mental help, I'm afraid the violence will only continue and grow. A mentally unstable, violent person is the weapon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 06:31 AM

491 posts, read 394,070 times
So can we safely assume you are taking this further and contacting more appropriate officials? If nothing else but to monitor or offer help to the parents of this young man.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:33 AM

24,473 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Well that kid sounds like a ticking time bomb. It reminds me of that crime decades ago where 2 average teen girls murdered their friend simply because they did not want to be friends with her anymore. Who knows what goes on in a teens mind?
That boy you describe OP needs to be watched closely. "cutting the kid some slack" is exactly the problem we need to face before his fantasies are acted out.

He wants to stab someone. Why? Has anyone asked him? Has he been warned of the consequences of doing that? Does he know the difference between life and death?

There are kids out there that are just like this kid. Today's troubled kid that is coddled and his mental health issues downplayed is tomorrows mass shooter serial killer.

Knives are deadly weapons and we should require background checks, bans and common sense regulations...

Old 06-03-2022, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryfreak View Post
So can we safely assume you are taking this further and contacting more appropriate officials? If nothing else but to monitor or offer help to the parents of this young man.
Yes, I am. My daughter is questioning both the teacher and school officials on their response and will be notifying other authorities as well.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:41 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,216,356 times
forget having psychiatrists evaluating kids, just ask the kids in school who is most likely to go off the rails.

release juvenile records!!!!

Old 06-03-2022, 06:43 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,809 times
Report him and make sure there are no ar15s in his house.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well that kid sounds like a ticking time bomb. It reminds me of that crime decades ago where 2 average teen girls murdered their friend simply because they did not want to be friends with her anymore. Who knows what goes on in a teens mind?
That boy you describe OP needs to be watched closely. "cutting the kid some slack" is exactly the problem we need to face before his fantasies are acted out.

He wants to stab someone. Why? Has anyone asked him? Has he been warned of the consequences of doing that? Does he know the difference between life and death?

There are kids out there that are just like this kid. Today's troubled kid that is coddled and his mental health issues downplayed is tomorrows mass shooter serial killer.

Knives are deadly weapons and we should require background checks, bans and common sense regulations...
He wants to do more than just stab someone...... and we don't know if any mental help has been offered to this young boy. If it has, it hasn't had any effect on his banter to other kids in school. In my opinion he should be removed from school and placed in a mental care facility for treatment. Of course, I'm not a Doctor and my opinion is just that..... my opinion.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:44 AM

491 posts, read 394,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kroadking View Post
Yes, I am. My daughter is questioning both the teacher and school officials on their response and will be notifying other authorities as well.

Thank you.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:48 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kroadking View Post
Still want to blame it on the weapon?

Just this weekend I was talking with a fifth grader that I am VERY close with. He said a boy in his class is always talking about how much he wants to kill people and describes in vivid detail how he wants to do it. I asked if the teacher was aware of what he was saying, and the answer was " yes, BUT, he has ADHD and that we have to cut him some slack". So, do you feel this response is adequate? Let's cut the kid some slack and just wait to see if he acts out on his fantasies..... and then when he does.......blame it on the KNIFE he wants to use to disembowel his classmates? If the warning signs are dismissed....... don't blame the tools when the mentally impaired act out. Step 1, in this case, HAS TO BE HAPPENING NOW! And it has nothing to do with guns, knifes, or any other tool that can be used to kill or maim others.

How many times do we have to hear that the warning signs were there but nobody stepped in? Until we get serious on dealing with mental help, I'm afraid the violence will only continue and grow. A mentally unstable, violent person is the weapon!
And this is just one of the many issues that are causing the violence in this country. Now ADHD isn't condition that makes one violent, there is obviously more going on in this kids head that needs to be figured out now. Sounds very similar to the Oxford school shooter, which also had loser for parents that were in denial about their kids issues.

Old 06-03-2022, 06:50 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Report him and make sure there are no ar15s in his house.
Why just a rifle ? Why not access to anything that could be used as a weapon. I get it, you want that rifle banned, so badly and you are so focused on that, that you are losing sight of everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies