Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 03:39 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Listen, the majority of repubs have condemned this
Condemned what? Please be specific.

. . . and which Republicans?

Quote:
At this point there are far more things that congress should be worried about, yes?
Nope. I disagree wholeheartedly. No public servant should ever be allowed to get away with what he did.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:41 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,374 times
Quote:
Listen, the majority of repubs have condemned this, and there are interesting facts that have come out, but in the end, what will happen?

Will trump be "gotten" and actually prosecuted this time?

Will the people who despise trump even remember this in 6 months?

At this point there are far more things that congress should be worried about, yes?
No, there is nothing more important for congress to be worried about. Getting this story out in full sight of the public is CRITICAL to the survival of the nation. Do you not see that? If it isn’t Trump it could well be someone else with a plan to subvert our systems. If Americans can’t be assured that this treasonous behavior will be called out there is no point to going forward as a democratic republic.

Honestly, I also doubt very much that Trump himself will be punished in any meaningful way. And what would be the point? He’s done. But his followers and future conniving villains have to know they won’t get away with it either. The health of our very nation relies on our going through this process and highlighting the weaknesses in our system so they can be fixed.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:42 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
How many people are not surprised that he had hissy fits and threw his food? I knew he was the kind of person who didn't like his food touching. If the RNC had a brain in their head they would see to it that Donald Trump is no longer part of the Republican Party, one way or another. He's gonna have the bad mojo of 1/6 for life. He's done the dirty work of stacking the SCOTUS with three conservative tools who will do the party's bidding. These hearings are doing irreparable damage to the Trump base. Wash your hands of him.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:43 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I listened to today's hearing. Would in a court of law call this "heresay"?
No, at a trial they would call the accused and let them defend themselves against a first hand, eyewitness report of them committing crimes. And they would also call anyone else who may have been there when the crimes were committed, which I'm willing to bet she also recorded and turned over to the Committee and the DOJ Grand Jury, to either confirm or refute her testimony.

Which is exactly what needs to happen soon.

For my money, she buried Trump and Meadows deep today.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:43 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Listen, the majority of repubs have condemned this, and there are interesting facts that have come out, but in the end, what will happen?

Will trump be "gotten" and actually prosecuted this time?

Will the people who despise trump even remember this in 6 months?

Trump is well beyond gotten. Prosecuted or not.

It’s time for those ardent Trump supporters, who I know - even though I still can’t fathom how they didn’t see the actual character of the man - truly thought they were doing the best thing for their country to finally acknowledge that liking his policies is not enough, and to admit the man is unfit for Office.

That is the patriotic thing to do.

Incompetence in governance is one thing - that can be mitigated in the future, but had Trump succeeded in his little escapade and had overturned a rightful election, that would have been the end of the USA irrevocably and without question.

The fact that he even tried it as a President is UNFATHOMABLE.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:44 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
"They're not here to hurt me."

Old 06-28-2022, 03:45 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

It’s time for those ardent Trump supporters, who I know - even though I still can’t fathom how they didn’t see the actual character of the man - truly thought they were doing the best thing for their country to finally acknowledge that liking his policies is not enough, and to admit the man is unfit for Office.

Incompetence in governance is one thing - that can be mitigated in the future, but had Trump succeeded in his little escapade and had overturned a rightful election, that would have been the end of the USA irrevocably and without question.

Oh, Finny. How are you going to survive Trump's second term? I'll happily vote for him just to teach you a lesson about lying.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:47 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Oh, Finny. How are you going to survive Trump's second term? I'll happily vote for him just to teach you a lesson about lying.
Where is the lie?

Old 06-28-2022, 03:48 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
It will be interesting to compare todays testimony to this post. A nothing burger here would be a hit to the committee...IMHO

Quote:
What Cassidy Hutchinson reportedly can testify to:

*Trump saying Pence deserved to hang

*Meadows plotting with House Rs to subvert electors

*House Rs seeking pardons

*Meadows told violence was likely

All together, adds to picture of corrupt intent:
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/st...12037046747138
So lets compare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...jan-6-hearing/

Trump urged armed supporters to storm Capitol

Meadows and Trump knew there could be violence on Jan. 6 and enabled the mob.

Trump’s advisers knew that Trump could be exposed to criminal charges.

Trump went ballistic when he was told he couldn’t go to the Capitol. ....really really went ballistic

Trump’s ring leaders asked for pardons.

Other Trump aides are cowards and dissemblers.

I mean I was expecting some bombs but this one

Old 06-28-2022, 03:50 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, the majority of republicans have not condemned this. As a matter of fact, the majority believed his election fraud lies and continue to do so.
Well, who are those that continue to believe election fraud continues?

Quote:
Don't know if anything will happen to Trump or not.
But great optics.

Quote:
Yes, people will remember this in 6 months, especially his unhinged behavior and how he wanted to march with his armed henchmen on the Capitol.
Do you believe this to be true, or are you walking on emotions? Lets see if that or those Secret Service folks agree, are you O.K. with that?

Quote:
Congress does indeed have a lot to worry about, but exposing this maniac for who is is is probably one of the most important at this juncture.
LOL, the border is far more important than this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies