Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 04:40 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Monday at 10am. 10 am??? jeez...
Yeah. That'll be 4 AM in my time zone.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So they’re only interested in having an audience of people who don’t have jobs?
Obsessed folks that don’t have DVR’s will call off work

Old 06-11-2022, 04:47 PM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times
A one-sided show trial with no consequences aimed at a non-present ex-president would seem the very definition of silly (if not frivolous).

Normal folks find it amusing which may not be the effect the performers are looking for.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:57 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So they’re only interested in having an audience of people who don’t have jobs?
Who even watches things live any more in the age of YouTube, DVR, etc.? You don't have to actually watch it at that time or you never get a chance again. It will be waiting when people with jobs get home if they want to see it.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:19 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Who even watches things live any more in the age of YouTube, DVR, etc.? You don't have to actually watch it at that time or you never get a chance again. It will be waiting when people with jobs get home if they want to see it.
Right. Because after spending all day at work the average person is going to watch DVR’d political theatre to unwind? Okay.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:36 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Hillary was never charged with anything. I believed James Comey when he said there was nothing worthy of an indictment, since he was the head of the FBI and in a position to know. And I didn't like Comey worth a damn for shooting Hillary out of the saddle in the first place with is "reopening investigations" BS.

You obviously did not believe Comey, because you want to believe Hillary is guilty of something, anything. But Hillary is not the subject of this thread.

I'll ask again, and rephrase my question so it isn't so broad, because I know you are in favor of seeing criminals brought to justice, just like I am.

"If it is demonstrated conclusively that Trump is guilty, do you want to see him prosecuted for his crimes and punished according to the laws of the United States?"

Not a trick question. Yes or no?

Do you think that anyone else who destroyed 33000 emails
that were under subpoena would have been charged?

Old 06-11-2022, 06:19 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Even Ivanka doesn’t believe her untruthful father.

He lied about the election being rigged.

This whole shemozzle was predicated on the lies he told that seriously and possibly irreparably damaged the integrity of the US electoral system.

Everyone should be furious at that. I don’t understand patriotic Americans supporting that, no matter who did it. People went to jail in support of a lie. A lie maliciously premeditated and deployed in order to retain power by deception.

It’s beyond the pale. What say Trump supporters about that? Anything?

Old 06-11-2022, 06:24 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Hillary was never charged with anything.

deflection exactly as I expected. +1 to me.

Do you support charges for HRC for violating 18 U.S. Code § 798?
Yes or no?

Given classified information from her server is on the Internet, the violation is obvious though some of it since been released under FOIA.

when I email hrod17@clintonemail.com it bounces.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 06-11-2022 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: FOIA info.

Old 06-11-2022, 06:31 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Shores View Post
I see you did not answer my questions:
1 - How well armed where the counter revolutionaries?
2- What kind of weapons and numbers of weapons did they have.

It is not illegal to try to overturn the certified electoral vote results of certain states in congress and other legal ways, if you believe there has been massive vote fraud against you. It is not a crime. As democrats challenged the certified electoral votes in 2016 in favor of Hillary, and other democrats in the past, using the same, similar and exact words the Republicans used for Trump.

Many Democrats have challenged primary and general election results, based on vote fraud charges, it is not illegal to do so.

It is ridiculous to believe, 500, 1000, 2,000 or even 3,000 right wingers were going to overthrow the Capitol Police, Armed Forces of the USA and the US government. But this is what the leftist media, VIPs and leftist, liberal, democrat, progressive Politicians want you guys to believe, post and repost. If so, If I GMS Crazy Cuban Alberto can gather 500 or so right wing supporters, I can declare myself dictator of the USA, lol. If so if you can gather 500 or so leftist supporters, you can declare yourself dictator of the USA. If so, if any ideological group can gather 500 or so supporters, they can declare themselves dictators of the USA, lol again.

There is no evidence President Trump ordered any persons to overthrow the US government, which is ridiculous to believe. President Trump said Protest Peacefully and Patriotically as most did. I had Cuban Americans and American Friends at the Pro Trump Rally. Proud Republican Trump supporters. Proud American Vietnam Combat Veterans of the Army, Navy, Air Force and US Marines. They heard the same speech, Protest Peacefully and Patriotically. They did not set foot on the capitol building, they did not riot, they did not commit any acts of violence, they were not influenced to commit any acts of violence, by President Trump and the speech. I wish I could have gone with them, but I was there is spirit with them.

We are all responsible for our own actions. Trump made me do it, Hillary made me do it, President Obama made me do it, Biden me do it, Pelosi made me do it, the devil made me do it, Blacks Lives Matter made me do it, are just excuses, we are all responsible for our own actions.

President Trump was declared guilty by the so called Jan 6 investigative Committee even before it was created, that is its intent. The Jan 6 Committee, is a leftist, liberal, democrat, progressive, anti Republicans, anti Trump, Political Kangaroo Court.

Viva Trump Forever.

GMS Crazy Cuban Alberto, with Pride and Honor. We are all Proud Republican Trump Supporters, American Patriot Citizens of the USA, with Pride and Honor.
Conservatives own guns. If we wanted to attack people or overthrow an election its rather strange that there wasn't anyone armed with one...except Cap police.

Old 06-11-2022, 06:35 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Even Ivanka doesn’t believe her untruthful father.

He lied about the election being rigged.

This whole shemozzle was predicated on the lies he told that seriously and possibly irreparably damaged the integrity of the US electoral system.

Everyone should be furious at that. I don’t understand patriotic Americans supporting that, no matter who did it. People went to jail in support of a lie. A lie maliciously premeditated and deployed in order to retain power by deception.

It’s beyond the pale. What say Trump supporters about that? Anything?
What were those 2000 mules doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies