Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 11:34 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Who says the DOJ was waiting they started at the bottom and worked their way up I believe they wanted to make the ones at the top think they were going to get away maybe gather more from communications they had tapped into. That early press release came from AP news said unnamed sources in the FBI claim there was no evidence of the Jan 6 attack was planned by anyone in the Trump campaign. It was repeated here on this forum 100's of times only much later Garland said his investigation was far from being over. It's up to the randomly picked Grand Jury members who will decide to charge or not DOJ will only present evidence.

You believe, . Sounds a lot like Mueller all over again.

Old 07-29-2022, 01:12 AM

37,220 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You believe, . Sounds a lot like Mueller all over again.
What do you believe the DOJ was doing, then? You’re rolling your eyes, but offer no rebuttal or discussion whatsoever.

Old 07-29-2022, 05:22 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Funny, you have more posts than me by far in this topic and you keep speaking for the DOJ like you work there. How am I changing my tune?

the poster you are referring has probably a few hundred or thousand posts in this topic by now, most of them useless nonsense, i think you are talking to a bot. It used to try to spat with me too sometimes but less so now since it probably finally understands I deal with facts.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 07-29-2022 at 05:37 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 05:48 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:

My point again, the legislative branch shouldn't be doing criminal investigations on private citizens and publicly accusing citizens of crimes to use public opinion to force the DOJ to act. That is an abuse of power.

The US Congress can and does investigate anything it wants.

It investigates the conduct of military, it investigates the actions of government officials, it examines records from all over the government and yes, it can do so in public hearings for the citizenry to observe.

It can do this long after the events have taken place, even many years afterward.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:39 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Looks like Trump is going to go for the “ I am delusional” defense

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-le...181211690.html

One of the likely defense strategies Trump's lawyers could employ is to argue that he genuinely believed that there was election fraud and did not have the intent to commit a criminal act.

For instance, in the document, the lawyers go into more detail about how Trump did not lie about election fraud by writing the full definition of that word.

"Webster's Dictionary defines a 'lie' as an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive," they wrote. "The definition, then, is not limited to simply being wrong about an assertion; it instead requires the speaker to know he or she is speaking falsely and to specifically harbor an intent to mislead. "
The mistake of facts defense? Lol! That's already been innihilated. The committee, the testimony of the advisors already laid bare that trump was told ( 63 court times) that there was no election fraud . He continued to propel and sell that lie. He knew back in 2016 when he laid the ground work that if he didn't win then...that surely it was a stolen election. When he did win his response was: ohh I guess it was a fair election
So long as he won ..it was fair. What a Looney tune logic he carried..
So no that defense won't work... HE KNEW and still found his loyal followers would believe anything that was spewed out of his long-winded mouth..
A belief system ( delusional or otherwise) is not a get out of jail card for the defense.
Watch the hearing, review how in the process of testimony and evidence , the committee is laying clear the facts. How that impedes certain defense moves should charges be rendered.
The then president had a duty under presidential oath. He failed .

Old 07-29-2022, 06:40 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I didn't know.

Did Hunter Biden try to overthrow our government?

What a revelation!

Hunter Biden used his father's role as VP to obtain illegitimate gains jeopardizing US national security and influenced policy decisions. If you feel that Trump's "offense" is worse, that's fine, but the Biden's also need to be brought to Justice.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:28 AM

1,420 posts, read 755,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What do you believe the DOJ was doing, then? You’re rolling your eyes, but offer no rebuttal or discussion whatsoever.
There is no reasonable rebuttal. All they have is goalpost moving.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:38 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Hunter Biden used his father's role as VP to obtain illegitimate gains jeopardizing US national security and influenced policy decisions. If you feel that Trump's "offense" is worse, that's fine, but the Biden's also need to be brought to Justice.
Your post sounds like a lot of disparate opinions.

He was an American doing business in Europe ... just like Giuliani, just like Bannon, just like Manafort and just like the whole Trump clan and the Kushners. They dropped names and pulled strings whenever they could see an advantage to it.

I think all of them have made illegitimate gains. Probably all of them have jeopardized US national security in some way recently. They are all immoral hedonists who enjoy the good life so much they will stop at nothing to strip the gold teeth from your dead mother's corpse. You people focus on Hunter Biden as a distraction from what your favorite guys have actually been up to, your heroes who have been defrauding the American people.

So yeah, investigate Hunter Biden if you think you have something, investigate Giuliani, investigate Bannon et al but let nothing interfere with the people's business of getting to what's behind the attempted overthrow of our government leading up to January 6. This is an historical imperative, it's far more important than the petty malfeasance of any of the others and too important to neglect.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:40 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Who says the DOJ was waiting they started at the bottom and worked their way up I believe they wanted to make the ones at the top think they were going to get away maybe gather more from communications they had tapped into. That early press release came from AP news said unnamed sources in the FBI claim there was no evidence of the Jan 6 attack was planned by anyone in the Trump campaign. It was repeated here on this forum 100's of times only much later Garland said his investigation was far from being over. It's up to the randomly picked Grand Jury members who will decide to charge or not DOJ will only present evidence.
Garland is a rat, who works for Obama and the Democrats.
Their is no true justice with rat Garland. He places party over Country.
The worst of the worst.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:51 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Garland is a rat, who works for Obama and the Democrats.
Their is no true justice with rat Garland. He places party over Country.
The worst of the worst.
What do you think of Barr? Is he a rat too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies