Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 01:21 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,301,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They don't see what we saw. They never will.
I don't care what you saw. In any hearing the other side is allowed to speak and bring their own defense and ask questions for all the witnesses and bring their own, not take videos out of context and make your own unchallenged narrative. That's why the Democrats didn't want the DOJ to take this up, they wanted a Kangaroo court.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:26 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,723 times
"Must we go back to this hearing"?

Old 06-11-2022, 01:28 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If the republicans were holding an investigation into criminal activity by Democrats against the Constitution and our Democracy, I would be behind them one hundred per cent to either exonerate them or prove them guilty and put them away.

This is a very obvious lie.

Did you the support HRC being charged with violating 18 USC 798?
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

Of course I do not expect you to give a binary answer like yes or no because it will expose your hypocrisy on the quoted statement. You will deflect or give a blanket statement such has "all criminals should be charged" to avoid answering the question even though it is an easy one.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:34 PM

7,268 posts, read 5,147,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
So you don't want to hear directly from the people who were involved? Under oath.

I guess you must be happy reading about it the next day after the news reporters have added their spin.
???... Scripted questions and answers. No cross examination. No counseling of witnesses by their own lawyers. No "opposition" members on the "investigating" commitee.

You already know what will be said....and absolutely no reason to think any of it is true.

..and why "prime time" television?

This is how the Soviets did things.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:34 PM

473 posts, read 237,391 times
Quote:
1/6 was an ‘attempted’ coup, aka an “insurrection.” Just so you have your terminology straight.
I see you did not answer my questions:
1 - How well armed where the counter revolutionaries?
2- What kind of weapons and numbers of weapons did they have.

It is not illegal to try to overturn the certified electoral vote results of certain states in congress and other legal ways, if you believe there has been massive vote fraud against you. It is not a crime. As democrats challenged the certified electoral votes in 2016 in favor of Hillary, and other democrats in the past, using the same, similar and exact words the Republicans used for Trump.

Many Democrats have challenged primary and general election results, based on vote fraud charges, it is not illegal to do so.

It is ridiculous to believe, 500, 1000, 2,000 or even 3,000 right wingers were going to overthrow the Capitol Police, Armed Forces of the USA and the US government. But this is what the leftist media, VIPs and leftist, liberal, democrat, progressive Politicians want you guys to believe, post and repost. If so, If I GMS Crazy Cuban Alberto can gather 500 or so right wing supporters, I can declare myself dictator of the USA, lol. If so if you can gather 500 or so leftist supporters, you can declare yourself dictator of the USA. If so, if any ideological group can gather 500 or so supporters, they can declare themselves dictators of the USA, lol again.

There is no evidence President Trump ordered any persons to overthrow the US government, which is ridiculous to believe. President Trump said Protest Peacefully and Patriotically as most did. I had Cuban Americans and American Friends at the Pro Trump Rally. Proud Republican Trump supporters. Proud American Vietnam Combat Veterans of the Army, Navy, Air Force and US Marines. They heard the same speech, Protest Peacefully and Patriotically. They did not set foot on the capitol building, they did not riot, they did not commit any acts of violence, they were not influenced to commit any acts of violence, by President Trump and the speech. I wish I could have gone with them, but I was there is spirit with them.

We are all responsible for our own actions. Trump made me do it, Hillary made me do it, President Obama made me do it, Biden me do it, Pelosi made me do it, the devil made me do it, Blacks Lives Matter made me do it, are just excuses, we are all responsible for our own actions.

President Trump was declared guilty by the so called Jan 6 investigative Committee even before it was created, that is its intent. The Jan 6 Committee, is a leftist, liberal, democrat, progressive, anti Republicans, anti Trump, Political Kangaroo Court.

Viva Trump Forever.

GMS Crazy Cuban Alberto, with Pride and Honor. We are all Proud Republican Trump Supporters, American Patriot Citizens of the USA, with Pride and Honor.

Last edited by Miami Shores; 06-11-2022 at 02:09 PM..

Old 06-11-2022, 01:37 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What kind of American hearing is this circus where 1 side is not allowed to respond or bring their own witnesses and the people in the panel are the main defense political enemies and made their own minds before the hearing started. It's a Kangaroo court. These people are dividing this country and shredding due process.

They are doing to Trump and the country what they did to Kavanaugh which was day time raping on prime time t.v.
The hearings are not a trial. The trials will be handled by the DOJ at a later date.

If Qevin hadn't been so petulant, he might have had three republicans on the Committee who could have kept him informed about what was going on. He shafted himself and the GOP for mounting any rebuttal.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
This is a very obvious lie.

Did you the support HRC being charged with violating 18 USC 798?
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

Of course I do not expect you to give a binary answer like yes or no because it will expose your hypocrisy on the quoted statement. You will deflect or give a blanket statement such has "all criminals should be charged" to avoid answering the question even though it is an easy one.
Hillary was never charged with anything. I believed James Comey when he said there was nothing worthy of an indictment, since he was the head of the FBI and in a position to know. And I didn't like Comey worth a damn for shooting Hillary out of the saddle in the first place with is "reopening investigations" BS.

You obviously did not believe Comey, because you want to believe Hillary is guilty of something, anything. But Hillary is not the subject of this thread.

I'll ask again, and rephrase my question so it isn't so broad, because I know you are in favor of seeing criminals brought to justice, just like I am.

"If it is demonstrated conclusively that Trump is guilty, do you want to see him prosecuted for his crimes and punished according to the laws of the United States?"

Not a trick question. Yes or no?

Old 06-11-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
???... Scripted questions and answers. No cross examination. No counseling of witnesses by their own lawyers. No "opposition" members on the "investigating" commitee.

You already know what will be said....and absolutely no reason to think any of it is true.

..and why "prime time" television?

This is how the Soviets did things.
There are two republicans on the Committee. There could have been five. Blame Qevin. He screwed up Big Time.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:59 PM

7,948 posts, read 9,164,633 times
Quote:
The hearings are not a trial. The trials will be handled by the DOJ at a later date.

If Qevin hadn't been so petulant, he might have had three republicans on the Committee who could have kept him informed about what was going on. He shafted himself and the GOP for mounting any rebuttal.
So why are there hearings if there is going to be a trial? What legal authority do they have that DOJ doesn't have to determine whether a federal crime was comitted?

This is pure political theatre to try to distract away from the multitude of problems going on under this administration.

Old 06-11-2022, 02:11 PM

473 posts, read 237,391 times
Quote:
There are two republicans on the Committee. There could have been five. Blame Qevin. He screwed up Big Time.
lol, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, blame Democrat Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats, who blocked Pro Trump Republicans from the so called, fair and balanced, Jan 6 investigative committee.

Last edited by Miami Shores; 06-11-2022 at 02:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies