Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 01:08 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,102,362 times

Advertisements

I bet McCarthy is kicking himself for removing those three Republicans from the committee hearings.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:12 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sadly, you seem unable to distinguish between talk and action.

Democrats did their duty with impeachment. Trump was clearly obstructing justice, intimidating witnesses, etc. Republicans protected him.

Fine.

Now it seems that Democrats are taking their own sweet time. What's the rush, really?

Why settle for Trump, when you could round up a whole bunch of treason weasels?

DOJ is working it like a RICO case. Not to worry. They'll get there.
When they do act, there won't be an indictment, there will be fifteen of them covering different subjects, and DOJ will have enough evidence to convict on more than one.

I still think Fani Willis is going to beat DOJ in breaking the ice, though. She has a slam dunk in Georgia. What may be holding her up is getting everything ready on Lindsey Graham (Senator Ladybugs) and Rudy Giuliani (Rudy Colludy). Once she's done, they're done.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:13 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Considering the number of hearings Congress conducts all year long you really do not think inciting a riot in a desperate attempt to stay in power is worth an investigation? Really?

When has something like this ever happen to this country? I'd say this was a pretty significant event that deserves a complete investigation. How many investigations and waste of "taxpayer dollars" did those Benghazi investigations require? I don't recall Dems crying at this level that this was a waste of time and tax dollars. And January 6th was certainly much more serious than Benghazi.
More serious than Benghazi? I should say so.

Not only did a mob attack the Capitol, and threaten legislators, this was only one part of a plan to overthrow the election that day that included false slates of electors, and the VP throwing out legitimate electors.

Eastman's memo outlines the main points. Clark was, apparently, willing to do his part.

Several Republicans inquired about pardons.

It may take a while to get this all straightened out.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:14 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I bet McCarthy is kicking himself for removing those three Republicans from the committee hearings.
The really stupid part is that Qevin was likely acting on Trump's orders to withdraw them. You can tell that is the case because Trump was saying it was a bad decision this week and excoriating Qevin for it.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:30 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
When they do act, there won't be an indictment, there will be fifteen of them covering different subjects, and DOJ will have enough evidence to convict on more than one.

I still think Fani Willis is going to beat DOJ in breaking the ice, though. She has a slam dunk in Georgia. What may be holding her up is getting everything ready on Lindsey Graham (Senator Ladybugs) and Rudy Giuliani (Rudy Colludy). Once she's done, they're done.
Could be. Could be. We'll see.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,242,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sadly, you seem unable to distinguish between talk and action.

Democrats did their duty with impeachment. Trump was clearly obstructing justice, intimidating witnesses, etc. Republicans protected him.

Fine.

Now it seems that Democrats are taking their own sweet time. What's the rush, really?

Why settle for Trump, when you could round up a whole bunch of treason weasels?

DOJ is working it like a RICO case. Not to worry. They'll get there.
You obviously can’t distinguish between their obsession to put him behind bars and thinking they want him to run again. If they wanted him to run again they wouldn’t be spending 5+ years to get him.

Lol at their impeachment nonsense. They started impeachment talks almost immediately after poor Hillary lost, and without conviction it means nothing.

Sure they are, and I’m certainly not worried. What’s hilarious is that he hasn’t even said he’s running again.

Old 06-25-2022, 02:54 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,970,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Not a Trump fan by any means and have watched a little of the hearings here and there. What I've heard is a lot of.... he said/she said, type of testimony as well as interpretations/opinions of what they thought Trump was telling them. I have heard no probing, aggressive cross-examination of any witnesses to see if their testimony stands up. Unless something changes dramatically, this committee will (like many others) represent a colossal waste of time, effort and taxpayer dollars designed only to deflect from the countries real issues!
I think you missed the part about all these witnesses were Trump staff members, Republican election officials and poll workers, and Trump family members.

What probing questions would you have wanted to ask them?

You might want to watch more of the hearings before you answer.

Old 06-25-2022, 03:02 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,970,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I am not sure McCarthy is smart enough to realize it's his own fault that he doesn't have representation on the committee.

Old 06-25-2022, 03:05 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,735,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Not a Trump fan by any means and have watched a little of the hearings here and there. What I've heard is a lot of.... he said/she said, type of testimony as well as interpretations/opinions of what they thought Trump was telling them. I have heard no probing, aggressive cross-examination of any witnesses to see if their testimony stands up. Unless something changes dramatically, this committee will (like many others) represent a colossal waste of time, effort and taxpayer dollars designed only to deflect from the countries real issues!
If you have really been watching you can see how the testimony presented looks like a Trump inner circle Confessional Chamber.

Old 06-25-2022, 03:33 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The really stupid part is that Qevin was likely acting on Trump's orders to withdraw them. You can tell that is the case because Trump was saying it was a bad decision this week and excoriating Qevin for it.
They would not have been accepted by Pelosi because they are do-nothing-but-Mitch-and whine
If any other Republicans would have been acceptable to the committee they would have had to come from those who voted to impeach Trump—
None of those 3 did or even now will admit the Big Lie IS a big lie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies