Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 03:54 PM

473 posts, read 237,341 times

Advertisements

I saw a few of the clips on the news, even if true, so what if President Trump was pissed, if I GMS, you or any of us were President of the USA or leader of any nation, and we believe there was massive vote fraud against us, I would be Pissed, you would be Pissed and all of us would be Pissed, this is not a crime, there is no smoking gun, from this leftist, democrat, anti Republican, anti Trump, Political Kangaroo Court. They have nothing and you have nothing.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
He apparently fully intended to lead an armed mob into the Capitol ... while Congress was officially counting the electoral votes.

This is the crux of the entire saga. Trump planned an armed insurrection!
Too bad he didn’t
It would have proved beyond a shadow of doubt his intentions, his megalomaniac nature, and his total disrespect for the Constitution…

And after today DOJ has no way not to go after Trump

Old 06-28-2022, 03:57 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Condemned what? Please be specific.
Really? Be specific? OK, what happened on January 6th. Is that specific enough?

Quote:
. . . and which Republicans?
McCarthy to begin with.

Quote:
Nope. I disagree wholeheartedly. No public servant should ever be allowed to get away with what he did.
What did he actually do? Please be specific.

1,281 posts, read 1,422,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL, the border is far more important than this.
Do you seriously believe this? The border is a longstanding, ongoing issue that every administration struggles with. And that will be the case for the rest of our lifetimes. But having a sitting US president actually take steps to undermine the single most important thing about our system of government? That is somehow less important to you?

Why do you care about illegal immigrants if you don’t care about the country as a whole?

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
So lets compare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...jan-6-hearing/

Trump urged armed supporters to storm Capitol

Meadows and Trump knew there could be violence on Jan. 6 and enabled the mob.

Trump’s advisers knew that Trump could be exposed to criminal charges.

Trump went ballistic when he was told he couldn’t go to the Capitol. ....really really went ballistic

Trump’s ring leaders asked for pardons.

Other Trump aides are cowards and dissemblers.

I knew there would be some bombs...but this one

W.P. OPinion piece? LMAO!!

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
He's not going to jail because of these hearings. Why would you say this? The Committee has no authority at all to arrest or prosecute him.

Only the DOJ would, in which case, there would be a trial.

No one is being put in jail without a trial.
Excellent point. At least one of the three (that we currently know about) Grand Juries that the DOJ has hearing evidence about Trump right now will be interested in these hearings, though. They won't indict until there is a 99+% chance of getting a conviction. Their batting average in trials is well over 90%.

Trump will be able to testify then and exonerate himself.

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Cipollone is going to lose his law license if he doesn’t testify
He has missed the John Dean moment
IMO
Yep....this all points to Cipollone testifying to salvage whatever vestiges of his career he has. This was just crushing testimony

Cipollone
Quote:
“we’re going to be charged with every crime imaginable if we make that movement happen.”

Old 06-28-2022, 03:58 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Shores View Post
I saw a few of the clips on the news, even if true, so what if President Trump was pissed, if I GMS, you or any of us were President of the USA or leader of any nation, and we believe there was massive vote fraud against us, I would be Pissed, you would be Pissed and all of us would be Pissed, this is not a crime, there is no smoking gun, from this leftist, democrat, anti Republican, anti Trump, Political Kangaroo Court. They have nothing and you have nothing.
You're right. It's not a crime to be angry. Is that what you think this is about?

Old 06-28-2022, 03:58 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
"They're not here to hurt me."
Who?

Old 06-28-2022, 04:01 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Shores View Post
Yeah, you need to see the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC3_VFFJlSY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies