Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 10:54 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,024,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Trump leads Biden in hypothetical 2024 match-up: poll

The national survey shows Trump leading Biden 44 percent to 39 percent in a head-to-head match-up
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-leads-b...hssrp_catchall

I guess Democrats have to go to plan Y. The hearings are not working. LOL.

Better start looking for new witnesses.
Apparently normal folks are very concerned regarding immigration/border, the economy, crime and silly stuff like that.

And Biden’s performance ain’t cutting it. And Nancy’s current staged theatrical production is as tone deaf as it is counter-productive. Notwithstanding the wild cheering from her media.

Old 07-01-2022, 10:56 AM

37,557 posts, read 19,439,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
You are correct that Nancy’s hand-picked committee has not confessed to telling any witnesses what to say under oath. I made no such suggestion (we call that a diversion-fail).

At the same time Nancy’s hand-picked committee have been quite adamant that THEY are the sole deciders of who gets interviewed, what questions are asked, what transcripts are released, who is shown on TV, etc.

At this point they have superbly demonstrated, unabashedly, this is a one-sided committee.

And the libs (and their media) will be howling in outrage (!) when the new Republican speaker sets up a theatrical performance/select committee along those lines in November. Maybe several. And you’ll have Nancy’s precedent to thank.
"Nancy's hand picked committee" could have had five republicans, but Qevin followed Trump's orders and withdrew them. Tsk. What a dumbass move.

Bennie Thompson has put out a call at the end of every hearing for anyone with information to come forward and testify. Only the ones with information on Trump's possible/probable guilt have actually been willing to testify under oath, though a lot of them love to snipe from the sidelines after the hearings.

I have asked at least a dozen times, and have yet to receive any kind of reply, so I'll ask you -

"Who would you like to hear give testimony under oath before the Committee who has not already declined or ignored a subpoena?"

Surely you have someone in mind if you are complaining that they have not been allowed...?

Old 07-01-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Trump leads Biden in hypothetical 2024 match-up: poll

The national survey shows Trump leading Biden 44 percent to 39 percent in a head-to-head match-up
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-leads-b...hssrp_catchall

I guess Democrats have to go to plan Y. The hearings are not working. LOL.

Better start looking for new witnesses.
I doubt Biden will be a contender in 2024. If he tries to run he will be primaried.

Old 07-01-2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Your post. 50% correct. 50% incorrect.
The 50% correct is that the agents have not personally said a word either to the media or under oath.

What didn't you like about the other post...?

Old 07-01-2022, 11:03 AM

2,132 posts, read 747,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Please smack yourself as many times as you wish
Does that help?

You know the President did not go with his mob to assault democracy in action

My interpretation was that although the LEOs guarding the Capitol had weapons they were not used on the crowd—
It was a SS agent who fired the only weapon at the mob and that resulted in death of one trying to gain illegal entry into the House chamber
Deservedly so IMO
I believe that is the REAL problem in the whole deal with trump's six-years and counting sideshow. All are "MY INTERPRETATION and MY OPINION". It is fine we all can have our own thought. The problem is that most of them all subjective. If there is no fact and evidence, I guess we all move on for the sake of the USA and the world.
In the end, DEMS can hate trump because he is the 45th (??) POTUS, not Hillary, but the fact is that he is the POTUS and no one can change that.

Old 07-01-2022, 12:28 PM

16,013 posts, read 6,709,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Trump's lawyers would hog-tie him and lock him in a closet if he wanted to testify. He would never be able to bring himself to admit the truth. He doesn't recognize the truth or differentiate it from his fabricated false reality of lies. He can't admit to being a loser. He would perjure himself under oath rather than fess up to the big lie. We know he does not recognize the sanctity of oaths or vows of any kind that might apply to his own person of behavior. Ask his wives. Ask the contractors he stiffed.
The evidence suggests otherwise. He has testified under oath many times in the past, and appears to handle himself decently well in those circumstances. What he doesn't do well is prepare.

Old 07-01-2022, 12:43 PM

2,705 posts, read 1,842,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The evidence suggests otherwise. He has testified under oath many times in the past, and appears to handle himself decently well in those circumstances. What he doesn't do well is prepare.
If only trump testified under oath. We could put this behind us. Why won't he?

Old 07-01-2022, 12:54 PM

15,783 posts, read 9,636,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
In the end, DEMS can hate trump because he is the 45th (??) POTUS, not Hillary, but the fact is that he is the POTUS and no one can change that.
Was, not is.

Old 07-01-2022, 01:34 PM

33,536 posts, read 12,767,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
The attempted coup (The Russian Collusion Hoax) will be the subject of a select committee when our new Speaker takes over in November. All members of the select committee will be hand-selected by the new Speaker. Just like Nancy did with this select committee.

The election is in November.

That next Congress isn't seated until January.

Old 07-01-2022, 01:39 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,452,835 times
So, it seems that Trump's tantrum in the limo was a known fact long before Cassidy Hutchinson brought it into public view:

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1...r7OrfkgT4bRhzw

Color me not at all surprised. It's exactly in character in every way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies