Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 01:22 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,259,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
LMAO!!!! Is that's why Pelosi needs a Kangaroo hearing and leak to the press because the DOJ has 3 Grand Juries on Trump? LMAO!!!!! Pelosi is criminally assisting the DOJ? LOL

Manafort got in trouble for tax evasion. Not reporting to the I.R.S. his earnings. Try again.

More wishful thinking. Reminds me of Mueller. Where is he now?
The 1/6 Committee is holding the hearings to determine what sort of legislation is needed to insure that there is never a repeat performance of 1/6 in the future. But you knew that already. It's been explained to you several times.

Tax evasion what sent Capone to Alcatraz, if you recall. But that's not the DOJ. That is what the Grand Juries in New York are looking into.

Any old port in a storm, right?

Old 07-16-2022, 01:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The 1/6 Committee is holding the hearings to determine what sort of legislation is needed to insure that there is never a repeat performance of 1/6 in the future. But you knew that already. It's been explained to you several times.

Tax evasion what sent Capone to Alcatraz, if you recall. But that's not the DOJ. That is what the Grand Juries in New York are looking into.

Any old port in a storm, right?
Except Capone wasn’t ever POTUS.

Because Trump is going to walk.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:26 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,426,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Walk or not--and honestly, I don't even care at this point--the Committee hearings are providing a critical view into the plotting and execution of a scheme to interrupt the election process in this country. Nothing is more important and if Republicans care AT ALL about our future, they would help in every possible way. Actions speak louder than words.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Looks like Mark Meadows, Trump's Chief of Staff, will have to testify before the 1/6 Committee

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...adows-00046193
Gosh. I really, really hate that. He seems like such a nice boy.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Walk or not--and honestly, I don't even care at this point--the Committee hearings are providing a critical view into the plotting and execution of a scheme to interrupt the election process in this country. Nothing is more important and if Republicans care AT ALL about our future, they would help in every possible way. Actions speak louder than words.
Great, because he will.

Right, because voting for a demented old man that has no idea what he’s doing has worked out fabulous with skyrocketing Bidenflation, skyrocketing crime, Aghan debacle, border crisis, and folks being slaughtered in a war because Sleepy Joe couldn’t keep the peace with a foreign leader like his predecessor…and let’s not forget Putin attacked for a second time with Sleepy Joe in office.

Helping in every possible would’ve been not to vote for a demented old man to begin with because Trump hurt feelings and made mean tweets…and with Sleepy Joes plummeting approval ratings, it’s obvious many of the voters have realized their mistake in doing so.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefaxjack View Post
Doesn't surprise me there were a few out of the thousands attending. Do you think it odd that in all of the chaos nobody used one, was waving one around or threatening, had one confiscated or even caught in the hundreds of pics? You're buying into the hype.
I think the police were showing discretion since they were outnumbered a hundred to one, keeping tabs on the ones they knew about from a distance, and waiting to see if a shot was fired before intervening.

The crowd was not likely to fire on itself. My take, anyway.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:43 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,478,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Wow, I hadn't heard that. I love it when the committee gets access to someone from "the other side," seriously wish there was more of that going on.

mike lindell is the only one i can currently think of from "team crazy" that has volunteered to give testimony but hasn't. i'm on the fence if i really want to hear his manic reality-challenged rant.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Trump is a private citizen now, and SCOTUS has already said specifically that he is not above the law.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefaxjack View Post
How many posts do you have to have to get to post pics?
You can post pics any time. When you pull up a screen for a post, got to "Manage Attachments" at the bottom and click on it. It's intuitive from that point.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump is a private citizen now, and SCOTUS has already said specifically that he is not above the law.
It’s obvious you’ll believe anything you’re told as long as it has to do with trying to get because Trump. He’s going to walk, but I’m still interested in seeing the odds that say otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies