Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 01:38 PM

203 posts, read 72,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Didn’t some orange dude get impeached for what we all found out was a lie about him and that the lie was created by his Democrat opponent?
Yeah, impeaching is easy, removing from office is not. Both Trump and Johnson were impeached because congress didn't like them. Neither were removed from office, except Johnson came close.

Clinton was the only president impeached for an actual felony - perjury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 01:42 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
a poll of men under50 would like generate a need more beer result as well

Old 06-10-2022, 01:44 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoffee57 View Post
Yeah, impeaching is easy, removing from office is not. Both Trump and Johnson were impeached because congress didn't like them. Neither were removed from office, except Johnson came close.

Clinton was the only president impeached for an actual felony - perjury.
Even though it was a totally made up charge by Democrats, forever damaging our country, I’m shocked establishment Republicans didn’t take that opportunity to unload Trump’s personality for good.

Old 06-10-2022, 01:44 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,701,984 times
Liberals are extremists.

"By any means necessary"...

Old 06-10-2022, 01:59 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
"According to a recently released poll, nearly half of male Democrats under the age of 50 (44 %) say it’s acceptable to assassinate a politician “who is harming the country or our democracy,” the highest percentage of any age/gender/party demographic.

The poll, which was conducted by Tulchin Research for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), also found that nearly a third of younger Democrat women and younger Republican men agreed with the statement, as did 40% of younger Republican women."

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...naugh-n1604326

I was shocked to read the results. What is going on?

That is shocking. So shocking in fact, that I don't believe it.
About either party.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:01 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
So young Democratic men beat young Republican men by 44 to 34. But young Republican women beat young Democratic women by 40 to 32. I see a pronoun problem coming up.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:01 PM

3,126 posts, read 1,013,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
That is shocking. So shocking in fact, that I don't believe it.
About either party.
I really hope you are right.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:03 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoffee57 View Post
There is no grounds for impeachment, congress can impeach for whatever reason they want. However, 'tradition' (not codified in law) dictates it be a serious crime.

Think of impeachment as a formal process for removing the president. Since it requires approval of 2/3s of the Senate, it's very unlikely a democratically elected president will be removed for a bogus reason.
No, it doesn't, and it doesn't remove the president, and it isn't a Senate action.

Impeachment is entirely a House action.

The trial in the Senate is nominally called an impeachment trial, but once at least one article of impeachment has passed on the House floor (not in committee), the President has been impeached.

Bill Clinton was impeached. He wasn't 'less impeached' because the Senate acquitted him.

Removal from office is done via a conviction in a trial in the Senate, and that requires a 2/3 vote of the Senate, but the President has already been impeached when the trial starts.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:11 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
"According to a recently released poll, nearly half of male Democrats under the age of 50 (44 %) say it’s acceptable to assassinate a politician “who is harming the country or our democracy,” the highest percentage of any age/gender/party demographic.

The poll, which was conducted by Tulchin Research for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), also found that nearly a third of younger Democrat women and younger Republican men agreed with the statement, as did 40% of younger Republican women."

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...naugh-n1604326

I was shocked to read the results. What is going on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Yeah, I agree, it was a shocking survey.

The real story behind that survey though is that those under 50, of either party, are FAR more likely to support use of violence, including assassination, to solve political discord. Good God.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:25 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,795,289 times
Wow and the Southern Poverty Law Center is one of the biggest Democrat outfits there is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies