Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2022, 07:09 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Why are Republicans so concerned about 'grooming'?

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-republi...170248562.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 07:09 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You are still trying to mándate your view into someone’s else’s very personal life. I know some trans as well as gays etc and feeling free to who they want to be is awesome. Why should they hide for your convenience. We taught our kids n grands to be the best they can be. Period. Yes accept themselves. Can you accept What that may be? I don’t think so, and why we have so much suicide with young people. If it’s a trend - it will pass and if it’s not. So what ??!
This conversation is not about gay people. It’s about trans. Entirely different things.

Telling little girls that they can become boys and telling little boys they can become girls is the opposite of teaching them to accept themselves for who they are.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:13 AM

Great article about the negative impact of social transitions.
https://www.transgendertrend.com/chi...al-transition/

Quote:
So I tell parents to take their children’s gender distress seriously, but also lightly. Take their desires to cut their hair, to wear Spiderman t-shirts and to play football seriously, but hold for them your knowledge that this doesn’t make them a boy. They don’t know that. Young children think that the external stuff IS what makes a girl or boy. They don’t know any different.

We do. We need to hold that space for them. The space where they can do anything they want, be anything they want – but not change their sex or fly to Mars, because neither of those is actually possible. We can imagine it, fantasise about it, but we need to hold that space for them. Because they don’t know.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:21 AM

37,212 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This conversation is not about gay people. It’s about trans. Entirely different things.

Telling little girls that they can become boys and telling little boys they can become girls is the opposite of teaching them to accept themselves for who they are.
I have nearly a dozen trans friends at the moment who are in various stages of transitioning. One just got the surgery she wanted to finally become female back in January after saving for fifteen years. She got it done in Thailand.

She has always presented as a woman in the ten years I've known her. She had already undergone hormone therapy and defoliation by the time we met. She has a male friend now, and what they know about each other or do is none of my business. All I know is that I am glad she was able to achieve the reality of who she knew she was and wanted to confirm.

Chaz Bono underwent surgery to become a male. Same process in the mirror.

So yes, sex change surgery is available and effective, to alter the body to fit the mind. This is "accepting themselves for who they are" rather than being forced into a life of misery and desperation.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have nearly a dozen trans friends at the moment who are in various stages of transitioning. One just got the surgery she wanted to finally become female back in January after saving for fifteen years. She got it done in Thailand.

She has always presented as a woman in the ten years I've known her. She had already undergone hormone therapy and defoliation by the time we met. She has a male friend now, and what they know about each other or do is none of my business. All I know is that I am glad she was able to achieve the reality of who she knew she was and wanted to confirm.

So yes, sex change surgery is available and effective, to alter the body to fit the mind. This is "accepting themselves for who they are" rather than being forced into a life of misery and desperation.
You have nearly a dozen trans friends? When did this become so common?

There are very negative health consequences involved with attempting to change one’s sex, something that is not actually possible.

If gender and sex are different things what is the purpose of surgery. A man can never become a woman and a woman can never become a man, even with surgery and drugs.

Last edited by MissTerri; 06-13-2022 at 08:15 AM..

Old 06-13-2022, 07:48 AM

A good read from a woman who transitioned into a trans man. She talks about the difference between being a lesbian and being who she is vs being trans and wanting to be someone else. It also talks about her medical journey and health issues as a result of believing she could become a man. In addition it talks about the evidence that transitioning does not decrease suicides in those with gender dysphoria.

https://sencanada.ca/content/sen/com...tNewgent_e.pdf

Quote:
Medical transition for gender identity is different than homosexuality; we have to look at them separately. Homosexuality is an attraction to the same gender. Transgenderism is wanting to be the opposite gender. One is something you are, and the other is something you want, and this is a significant difference.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:49 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And the teenage years are naturally a very insecure, confusing period. The left is making it worse.
These Democrats are using the "grass is greener on the other side" on putting it on steroids. They are despicable

Old 06-13-2022, 07:52 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

But in the end, they have not changed their sex at all. It's just cosmetic surgery. A woman cannot become a man, no matter what she does to her body.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:53 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Probably has more to do with not being stigmatized for it than it does with "grooming".
Exactly...it's becoming more accepted which allows one to be more open about who they are...and seeing representation in the entertainment world helps as well.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:57 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,578,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I missed the part where it said…

It's a tool used in the preparation. Did it all come together for you now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies