Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 09:01 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,231,767 times

Advertisements

Well a recent study shows that the percentage of young people identifying as transgender has doubled since 2017.

And one Dr. interviewed doesn't know "why".
I would gander mass media normalization and K-12 grooming might be at play here .....

The study was done out of UCLA

https://dnyuz.com/2022/06/10/report-...le-in-the-u-s/
The number of young people who identify as transgender has nearly doubled in recent years, according to a new report that captures a stark generational shift and emerging societal embrace of a diversity of gender identities.
Experts said that young people increasingly have the language and social acceptance to explore their gender identities, whereas older adults may feel more constrained. But the numbers, which vary widely from state to state, also raise questions about the role of peer influence or the political climate of the community.

“It’s developmentally appropriate for teenagers to explore all facets of their identity — that is what teenagers do,” said Dr. Angela Goepferd, medical director of the Gender Health Program at Children’s Minnesota hospital, who was not involved in the new analysis. “And, generationally, gender has become a part of someone’s identity that is more socially acceptable to explore.”
The study found people 13 to 25 accounted for a disproportionately largely share of the transgender population. While younger teenagers were just 7.6 percent of the total U.S. population, they made up roughly 18 percent of transgender people. Likewise, 18- to 24-year-olds made up 11 percent of the total population but 24 percent of the transgender population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 09:27 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,887,413 times
Well, being not afraid of rape and death to come out and explore your inner feelings is a good thing, right? No one placed those inner feelings into you.

Old 06-12-2022, 09:33 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,815,699 times
Probably has more to do with not being stigmatized for it than it does with "grooming".

Old 06-12-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizzler View Post
I saw a documentary about a polygamy cult that was conditioning underage girls to be husbands.

That’s grooming.

What you described is not grooming.
We don't really know fully what is going on in the classrooms today regarding the alphabet genders.

Old 06-12-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Probably has more to do with not being stigmatized for it than it does with "grooming".
Well if you read the article it says at the end...a researchers thinks there's not that many older transgenders because they all died...hiv and suicide.

From my link:

“The harsh reality is we don’t have trans elders because they didn’t survive,” they said.

Old 06-12-2022, 09:52 AM

11,411 posts, read 5,967,061 times
I am eternally greatful to the Lord God that I was born 60 odd years ago and not today. Life over most of my timespan was sane and free. I am also on bended knee with gratitude that I will be buried in the ground and so not subject to what is coming 20 to 50 years from now, like the young today will be. I grieve for the young. It doesn't mean they can't be happy, but they won't have a scintilla of the freedom, privacy, and sanity I had over my lifetime. Not an ounce of it.

Old 06-12-2022, 09:55 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,618,313 times
The rise in people identifying as transgender is simple, and it isn't grooming by some nefarious cult of trans K-12 teachers. Way simpler explanation...

Some kid, boy or girl, outcast, misfit, unpopular, whatever. They feel alone, marginalized, weird, whatever. Along comes a cultural narrative that not only gives them acceptance, it gives them legitimate power. With one simple declaration and some blue/green/pink hair dye, they can literally go from bullied to bully in an instant. Weapon, shield and armor, all by simply saying "I identify as..."

The new saddest, most "helpless" protected minority, and all you have to do to join is say "my pronouns are" and just choose pronouns that are different from your outward appearance. Voila...you are now protected from anything and everything, and you can make demands of anyone and everyone and if they don't comply, you can destroy them.

It isn't from grooming. It isn't because so many people are "living their authentic truth" or anything so lofty and noble. Nope. It is the easiest, most accepted way to go from bullied to bully. Period.

"Groomers" are doing nothing but reaching a hand out to the bullied and explaining how cool it is to join the ranks of the bullies. But they have an entire culture, media and government backing their efforts. It isn't like they are operating in a vacuum.

Old 06-12-2022, 10:00 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizzler View Post
We must protect the kids (Except when they get shot up or get molested by church leaders)!

Of course we have to protect the kids and that includes locking the doors at schools to keep bad people from getting in. We lock up our homes. We lock up our cars. We lock up our valuables. So why is it that a certain party in this country refuses to lock up the criminals, the crazies and the Back Door to America that some refer to as The Border?

Oh well, let the kids, at young and younger ages question who they are and question their very Gender and we are going to soon be having some very seriously screwed up young adults.

Being Transgendered is the latest "fad" so kids are flocking to it.

It is Grooming when teachers introduce the kids to alternative life styles and then tell them not to tell their parents.

These kids are going to grow up confused and unsure of the future but you know who can help them with everything they need? The democrats and all they have to do is vote.

Old 06-12-2022, 10:15 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,382,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The rise in people identifying as transgender is simple, and it isn't grooming by some nefarious cult of trans K-12 teachers. Way simpler explanation...

Some kid, boy or girl, outcast, misfit, unpopular, whatever. They feel alone, marginalized, weird, whatever. Along comes a cultural narrative that not only gives them acceptance, it gives them legitimate power. With one simple declaration and some blue/green/pink hair dye, they can literally go from bullied to bully in an instant. Weapon, shield and armor, all by simply saying "I identify as..."

The new saddest, most "helpless" protected minority, and all you have to do to join is say "my pronouns are" and just choose pronouns that are different from your outward appearance. Voila...you are now protected from anything and everything, and you can make demands of anyone and everyone and if they don't comply, you can destroy them.

It isn't from grooming. It isn't because so many people are "living their authentic truth" or anything so lofty and noble. Nope. It is the easiest, most accepted way to go from bullied to bully. Period.

"Groomers" are doing nothing but reaching a hand out to the bullied and explaining how cool it is to join the ranks of the bullies. But they have an entire culture, media and government backing their efforts. It isn't like they are operating in a vacuum.
Interesting post. Also, I think that at least some of the younger 'trans' kids have an extra large "look at me!!" gene in their personality. Little boys wearing skirts and pink sandals certainly get looked at a lot more than if they were wearing blue jeans and sneakers.

Old 06-12-2022, 10:20 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,671,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I am eternally greatful to the Lord God that I was born 60 odd years ago and not today. Life over most of my timespan was sane and free. I am also on bended knee with gratitude that I will be buried in the ground and so not subject to what is coming 20 to 50 years from now, like the young today will be. I grieve for the young. It doesn't mean they can't be happy, but they won't have a scintilla of the freedom, privacy, and sanity I had over my lifetime. Not an ounce of it.
I feel the same way. I don't even want to imagine what our society will devolve into over the next decades. I won't live long enough to see it, but my children and grandchildren will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies