Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 03:27 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,646,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Am I the only one who has never heard of this crazy weather phenomenon? As unusual and rare as this “heat burst” is said to be, it strikes me as totally bizarre that in all my years on this rock, I have never heard one mention of this before, ever. And given my interest in the strange and bizarre over my many years of life, it just seems odd that such a thing could have escaped my awareness.

I’m open to the possibility that many bizarre things could exist that I haven’t been previously exposed to, but I’m also aware of things like the Mandela effect, as well as personal experiences that defy rational explanation.

I don’t know what to make of it. We just seem to be experiencing a very large number of events which effect food supplies … and I am not a big believer in coincidences.
The common denominator in all, is a hefty insurance check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 03:35 PM

57,398 posts, read 26,455,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
If they weren't negligent.

Old 06-17-2022, 03:44 PM

30,459 posts, read 12,049,064 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who has never heard of this crazy weather phenomenon? As unusual and rare as this “heat burst” is said to be, it strikes me as totally bizarre that in all my years on this rock, I have never heard one mention of this before, ever. And given my interest in the strange and bizarre over my many years of life, it just seems odd that such a thing could have escaped my awareness.
June is the most active month for heat bursts. There was one 3 days ago in Minnesota. If you google it, it does come up in the news. Usually it does nothing more than raise the temperate in the middle of the night a few degrees. Not really newsworthy. Never heard if it causing cows to die. But a strong one in the right place might do that. The one in 1960 in Texas seems to have been especially dangerous.

Rare heat burst hits multiple towns in Minnesota

Ever heard of a heat burst?
Redwood Falls had one early this morning, with the temperature surging from 79 to 95 degrees in rapid fashion. It also happened in Tracy, Minnesota.

In Redwood Falls, the temp jumped from 79 degrees at 6:05 a.m. to 95 degrees just 10 minutes later. And over that same 10 minutes the dewpoint in Redwood Falls went from 70 to 52, and the humidity plunged from 74% to 23%.

Quote:
I’m open to the possibility that many bizarre things could exist that I haven’t been previously exposed to, but I’m also aware of things like the Mandela effect, as well as personal experiences that defy rational explanation.

I don’t know what to make of it. We just seem to be experiencing a very large number of events which effect food supplies … and I am not a big believer in coincidences.
\
The world is in a weird place right now. Anything out of the ordinary gets looked at with suspicion. I get that. I started out as a meteorology major in college, decided for a business decree instead. But I have always followed weather related stuff closely. And heat bursts are rather obscure. If it happens over farmland and there are no weather thermometers there, no one will even know it happened.

Old 06-17-2022, 03:52 PM

5,805 posts, read 4,796,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This is the story I read about a while back. Almost sounds like science fiction.

The KOPPERL HEAT BURST

It was a typical June night in Kopperl. Skies were mostly clear. Some heat lightning was visible on the horizon. One clump of clouds rolled toward the town after midnight. The temperature was about 70F. Suddenly, a tremendous wind arose. It gusted to over 75 mph over a wide area. A store was unroofed. Trees were knocked over. The temperature shot up with an incredible momentum. In just a few minutes, it rose to over 100F. There are reports that thermometers designed to register temperatures up to 140F actually broke as the alcohol expanded so rapidly with the dramatic heat.

People awakened when their air conditioners went out as power failed. Suddenly, their houses were sweltering saunas. They rushed outside, thinking their houses must be on fire. They found that the air outside was scorching. It was hard to breathe. Lightning flashed. They thought the world was coming to an end. Parents wrapped their terrified children in wet sheets to keep them cool.

The next morning, farmers found that their corn that had been green the day before was cooked on the stalk. Ranchers found their young cotton fields burned to a crisp. Leaves on trees, shrubs, and plants were burned as if there had been a freeze.
I saw that movie. Two thumbs down.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:11 PM

43,815 posts, read 18,838,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Presumably the cattle herders in those locales have adapted to caring for their animals in those conditions.

Livestock, veterinary experts explain heat-related deaths of Kansas cattle

Hence, no conspiracy is needed to explain the losses. It was just another dramatic weather shift, which has been happening a lot lately for reasons already documented.
As they say..."Sh*t happens". A series of events created that perfect storm.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,646,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If they weren't negligent.
From the op's link:

"The news comes as a massive amount of food processing plants have suddenly begun to burn down around the country in 2022."

Also from what most are thinking in conspiracy --- food shortage? Random occurrences with one thing in common. I'm thinking insurance payout.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:04 PM

45,671 posts, read 24,172,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And the big take away for all of us from all of this --- is the argument that this was a stolen election has been for the most part dropped.

Few Trump loyalists and Trump are hanging on for dear life but many of the original supporters of this claim have quietly let the argument drop.

They are not fighting to prove that made up truth anymore.

Sos go ahead -- moan about the committee showing a one sided picture of Trump leaving Pence to 'hang' so to speak......okay -- that does not make your case any beetter.
Sorry --- posted in the wrong thread.

Happens when you think you can do three things at once.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:19 PM

1,866 posts, read 943,511 times
The photos of the dead cows look bizarre -- almost like they all huddle together and keeled over at the same time.
These ranchers need to provide proper shelter for their cattle, or at the very least plant trees for shaded areas on their property. Common sense can go a long way in preventing heat stroke.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:29 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 24 days ago)

36,132 posts, read 18,413,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
The photos of the dead cows look bizarre -- almost like they all huddle together and keeled over at the same time.
These ranchers need to provide proper shelter for their cattle, or at the very least plant trees for shaded areas on their property. Common sense can go a long way in preventing heat stroke.
Did you see the bulldozer/front end loader thing in the video?

They didn't die there in neat rows.

Old 06-18-2022, 05:42 AM

454 posts, read 266,814 times
https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/ , fwiw.

For that link, thanks goes to the USDA, the US Dept. of Commerce, the National Drought Mitigation Center, and the Univ. of Nebraska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies