Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 07:41 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
when you have people like Chuck Schumer and the mainstream media advocating for it, look what happens
I think Chuck Schumer will get a surprised Pikachu face if someone will punch him. And the punching of the Louisville mayor is a warning tale of things to come for Schumer and the media who created a Frankenstein monster that'll return against them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 07:56 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
No traction to this one here though. A Democrat at a PRIDE parade got his face rearranged. That's good violence to most on this forum, Also, I wouldn't assume the assailant was a MAGA-lot with political motivations.
...this is called a self-own

"Fischer is white, his assailant is black. The brazen assault has received little national media attention. "

"Black men in Louisville: stay inside tonight
Somebody cold cocked the mayor and he's upset"

https://twitter.com/GangstaDatabase/...-punches-mayor

Old 06-21-2022, 08:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
America owes its independence and freedom, to citizens 'bringing violence into politics' for petes sake!

We celebrate this every July 4th!

In truth, I dont think peoples problem is 'violence in politics'...its more, 'if you bring violence into politics, you damn well better come out on top in the end'.

Its the definition of irony for American citizens, to oppose violence in politics. LOL

Old 06-21-2022, 08:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Lots and lots of Louisville citizens, from a very wide variety of different groups, would like to punch Fischer in the face. He’s a universally disliked weasel. This was no MAGA punch. It might not have even been politically motivated at all, it might have been in response to some poorly thought out policy that directly negatively impacted the guy or someone he loves like his grandma.

You should read the local social media posts on the topic of Fischer getting punched. Someone literally tried to set up a bake sale to raise money for the still unknown guy’s bail.
Thank you for the local perspective.

For all anyone knows, there was a Punch a Mayor challenge on Tik Tok.

This happened at a Juneteenth Celebration. Maybe that upset the guy who threw the punch.

Then again, people have a tendency to blame politicians for their lot in life.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:36 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Lots and lots of Louisville citizens, from a very wide variety of different groups, would like to punch Fischer in the face. He’s a universally disliked weasel. This was no MAGA punch. It might not have even been politically motivated at all, it might have been in response to some poorly thought out policy that directly negatively impacted the guy or someone he loves like his grandma.

You should read the local social media posts on the topic of Fischer getting punched. Someone literally tried to set up a bake sale to raise money for the still unknown guy’s bail.
"Lots and lots of Louisville citizens, from a very wide variety of different groups, would like to punch Fischer in the face"

How many have you actually asked but this in order to form your "opinion"?

Old 06-22-2022, 06:01 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Lots and lots of Louisville citizens, from a very wide variety of different groups, would like to punch Fischer in the face"

How many have you actually asked but this in order to form your "opinion"?
Between reading the local paper, listening to the local news on TV/radio, reading local social media posts, talking to friends/acquaintances who live there, hearing my hubby who has an office downtown there rant, and my own mutterings when forced to drive through select areas of the town, probably hundreds, lol.

Craig Greenberg, the Democratic nominee, barring something absolutely cataclysmic, will be the next mayor. He has his work cut out for him, crime is through the roof and some key infrastructure problems are bad enough that they are starting to compete with crime as the biggest problem.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:03 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Between reading the local paper, listening to the local news on TV/radio, reading local social media posts, talking to friends/acquaintances who live there, hearing my hubby who has an office downtown there rant, and my own mutterings when forced to drive through select areas of the town, probably hundreds, lol.

Craig Greenberg, the Democratic nominee, barring something absolutely cataclysmic, will be the next mayor. He has his work cut out for him, crime is through the roof and some key infrastructure problems are bad enough that they are starting to compete with crime as the biggest problem.
"Craig Greenberg, the Democratic nominee, barring something absolutely cataclysmic, will be the next mayor."

You get what you vote for!
Have NO empathy for those that DID vote for him.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:13 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
No traction to this one here though. A Democrat at a PRIDE parade got his face rearranged. That's good violence to most on this forum, Also, I wouldn't assume the assailant was a MAGA-lot with political motivations.
Thanks for that insight Jussie the seer of MAGA hats but the assailant was black.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:15 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Craig Greenberg, the Democratic nominee, barring something absolutely cataclysmic, will be the next mayor."

You get what you vote for!
Have NO empathy for those that DID vote for him.
He will be a far better mayor than Fischer guaranteed based on what I know so far.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:16 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
If you want to make some accusations go ahead and do it. Don't be cowardly about it. Who exactly do you believe would do that kind of crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies