Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2022, 09:53 AM

2,901 posts, read 992,875 times

Advertisements

Is the beaded hairy chest kind of like how Bo Derek had her hair in Perfect 10? I'd actually like to see that, so I hope my gym also welcomes those "total men with a beaded hairy chest."

Old 06-21-2022, 09:55 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
That's wonderful, but how many people have it? I don't know anyone who is actually getting a meaningful insurance these days.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/...-care-act.html

And:
https://transequality.org/know-your-rights/health-care
Federal and state laws - and, in many cases, the U.S. Constitution - prohibit discrimination in health care and insurance because you're transgender. That means that health plans aren’t allowed to exclude transition-related care, and health care providers are required to treat you with respect and according to your gender identity.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:57 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,892,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/...-care-act.html

And:
https://transequality.org/know-your-rights/health-care
Federal and state laws - and, in many cases, the U.S. Constitution - prohibit discrimination in health care and insurance because you're transgender. That means that health plans aren’t allowed to exclude transition-related care, and health care providers are required to treat you with respect and according to your gender identity.
That is wonderful. But as I said, I don't know too many people who actually have medical insurance these days that won't require first 3-5K to be paid out of pocket. Most people just avoid going to the doctors altogether.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:00 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
I think the only requirements to identify as a woman these days are:

1) Say "I identify as a woman"

2) Parrot a couple of the left talking points.

No change in appearance/dress, no cosmetic surgery/mutilation, no hormones. Just say that you are a woman and you voted for Biden. Done.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
That is wonderful. But as I said, I don't know too many people who actually have medical insurance these days that won't require first 3-5K to be paid out of pocket. Most people just avoid going to the doctors altogether.
Nothing is free except medicaid. People have always had to put their money into the pot.
A lot more before Obamacare.

At one point only hospitalization was covered. You had to pay your way with your own dime and then fill out forms to get your reimbursement.

Why does everyone think everything should be FREE ?
You want to cut off your weiner, then save up and pay for it.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:08 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
A true transsexual would welcome ability to have surgery completed as soon as possible. If one wants to keep the jewels, then they can understand the limitations on access to the places where only people without the jewels are allowed.
Sex and gender are not the same things or so we have been told. A man can feel like a women and that’s all it takes for him to be granted admittance into women’s bathrooms, locker rooms, prisons, sports, etc. Him just saying he feels like a women is all it takes. Surgery and hormones are not necessary.

Many would call you a TERF for saying that trans woman can only be allowed admittance if they have surgery. The trans rights community is not big on compromise.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Nothing is free except medicaid. People have always had to put their money into the pot.
A lot more before Obamacare.

At one point only hospitalization was covered. You had to pay your way with your own dime and then fill out forms to get your reimbursement.

Why does everyone think everything should be FREE ?
You want to cut off your weiner, then save up and pay for it.
And that's the point. Not all people can make enough money to save. I think government loan would be nice. Couple with the legal recognition of a change of the status only after the surgery. It would be money better spent than helping Ukraine

Old 06-21-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Sex and gender are not the same things or so we have been told. A man can feel like a women and that’s all it takes for him to be granted admittance into women’s bathrooms, locker rooms, prisons, sports, etc. Him just saying he feels like a women is all it takes. Surgery and hormones are not necessary.
That's where I think the left is wrong. It used to be sex change operation or at least hormones.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:15 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
That's where I think the left is wrong. It used to be sex change operation or at least hormones.
Agreed, they are wrong. Trying to compromise with them is fruitless. Give an inch and they will take a mile and spit in your face while doing it.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Agreed, they are wrong. Trying to compromise with them is fruitless. Give an inch and they will take a mile and spit in your face while doing it.
They have the backing of the US Government so why not push the limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies