Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 10:44 PM

18,719 posts, read 7,599,790 times

Advertisements

"Transgender" people: Men who like to pretend they're women, and women who like to pretend they're men

I don't see anything wrong with pretending. I used to play Cowboys and Indians with my friends... when I was 6.

But should the legislature at the time, have made a law saying that as a "cowboy" I could legally shoot an "Indian", with a real gun?

Of course not. It was all just play.

Today, should a legislature make a law saying that a man who likes to pretend he's a woman, be allowed to compete in sports directly with women?

Of course not. Because he's not really a woman, and pretending doesn't make him one. And women perform differently from men in sports - a fact that has been demonstrated and proven thousands (millions?) of times.

It's all just play.

Until you start using the force of govt to coerce people who didn't want to play your game, into doing it anyway.

Last edited by Roboteer; 02-25-2021 at 10:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 05:13 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Response: Opinion

Just had this conversation in the kitchen with the misses.
Having family members that us old timers refer to as a bit off.
I argued the point of unfairness in sports as she defended their feelings.
I argued you can not change biology she defended their feelings.
I argued on the grounds of religion she defended their feelings.

I told her that I now turned ( jokingly ) into a woman and won't have sex with her anymore.

She just stormed out the kitchen............hurt my feelings.............hahahahaha.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:27 AM

As I said, there's nothing wrong with pretending. As long as you're playing with someone else who also wants to pretend.

But when you start forcing other people to pretend the same way you want to whether they like it or not, such as using the power of govt to command that men (no matter what they're pretending to be) can compete directly with women in sports etc., you will have a major problem.

"Oh, but think of their feelings! They so sincerely want to be the opposite sex!"

When did it become a thing, to ignore the just-as-sincere feelings of 98% of the population, and cater to only the feelings of the 2%?

Old 02-26-2021, 09:33 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,240,847 times
Women who are “pretend men” aren’t necessarily trannies. Just look at the corporate climber / ball breaker type women for example. They’re still women... even if most of them act inappropriately.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Women who are “pretend men” aren’t necessarily trannies. Just look at the corporate climber / ball breaker type women for example. They’re still women... even if most of them act inappropriately.
I never said women who pretend are trannies.

I said trannies are women who pretend.

Same goes for men who like to pretend they are women.

There is nothing wrong with pretending... as long as the people doing the pretending keep in mind that they are just pretending.

It's only when they start making LAWS forcing everybody else to go along too, as if it wasn't pretending, do they run into major problems. Which is what this "Equality Act" does.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:40 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,756,066 times
The worst part is those pretending expect everyone to pretend with them. I don't care who dresses up as what, but at the end of the day, the person on their birth certificate is who they are and how they should be treated.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:03 AM

RWs aren't the ones who passed this new "Equality Act".

Leave folks alone. Please.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:17 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,946,114 times
I see homo/transphobic ignorance and bigotry is still alive and well represented in the P&C forum.

So if trans people want to be treated like human beings, that is offensive to the right wing extremists and christian religious terrorists.

But it's ok for the christian taliban to shove their abhorrent and repulsive lifestyle choice on everyone.

It isn't trans people who have churches of pedophilia, spouting evil and hate on nearly every corner, billboards and trucks painted all over the country, and demanding laws designed to further repress the most marginalized people, whether they are lgbt or any other group that doesn't share their ignorant 4th century beliefs.

How about if you homophobes just keep your opinions to yourselves instead of attacking the vulnerable who haven't done anything to you other than to exist and breathe. My guess is the OP has never met a transgender person.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I see homo/transphobic ignorance and bigotry is still alive and well represented in the P&C forum.

So if trans people want to be treated like human beings, that is offensive to the right wing extremists and christian religious terrorists.
Wow. You proved your own opening statement.

Who knew you were "right-wing"? Or "religious"?

But at least you got your homo/transphobic ignorance and bigotry down pat.

Well done!

Old 02-26-2021, 10:21 AM

20,025 posts, read 20,831,761 times
Whack jobs.
They should be institutionalized.
It’s loose screws. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies