Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 06:54 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times

Advertisements

Biden will be lucky if he can still walk in 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 06:54 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

None of the Trump clowns (DeSantis, JR, Cruz) have any national/global standing and we (should have) learned our lesson on having a crack-pot in the WH. So maybe Romney, or Cheney, both of whom are polarizing, but good leaders, might step into the void. Are they electable?
Romney has tried and failed twice to be president. Liz Cheney looks about to be tossed out of her seat in Congress. Nope.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:58 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Can't run from the grave

Old 06-24-2022, 06:59 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,357,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Romney has tried and failed twice to be president. Liz Cheney looks about to be tossed out of her seat in Congress. Nope.
Yup, I love when Democrats engage in “concern trolling” and make statements like “well, why not someone like a Mitt Romney or Liz Cheney, you know, someone I would even consider” — when we all know that they would never vote for a Republican regardless of who the candidate happens to be.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:00 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,081 times
Yeah let’s not count the chickens til they’re hatched.
Let’s see if he even makes it through his first term without kicking the bucket or having to resign.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:04 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think we are witnessing a fantastic Presidency. Lincoln wasn't appreciated enough, and people didn't know what they had till he was gone. Joe Biden's performance is close to Lincolnian in his personal eloquence and Theodore Roosevelt in terms of effectiveness.

Let the good times roll. Biden in 2024!
Please tell me that was satire.
Don't you see a lot of Lincoln parallels with puddle-brain?

Old 06-24-2022, 07:12 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Yup, I love when Democrats engage in “concern trolling” and make statements like “well, why not someone like a Mitt Romney or Liz Cheney, you know, someone I would even consider” — when we all know that they would never vote for a Republican regardless of who the candidate happens to be.
Woh woh woh! I am a liberal Democrat and I voted for Reagan (against Mondale), Bush I (against Dukakis), Bush II (against Kerry but not Gore), McCain, Romney, and Trump (against puddle-brain). I started voting in 1976 so that leaves a lot of voting. Am I a Democrat engaging in "concern trolling"?

Last edited by jbgusa; 06-24-2022 at 07:27 PM..

Old 06-24-2022, 08:29 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

Biden and Trump are too old. They dont have a clue how the average person lives and makes do with everyday life. Trump is nothing more than a political evangelist.Tells people what they want to hear and receives donations by the millions. You've been had, so much invested you cant admit your mistake. Now look what you're caught up in.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:32 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Realistically, the Biden policies have not generally been bad for America. Ask anyone of the internet/talking head TV "personalities" for a specific plan which addresses the supposed shortcomings, and they will likely not have anything significant which benefits us all in a way that harms none. The world just doesn't work that way any longer. And with a zillion opinion outlets, there are always plenty of abusive comments but very few lengthy, well vetted, solutions to our domestic/global challenges.

Having said that, who will run in 2024? Biden "looks" like a dufus and is easy to assail. Maybe Booker? From 2020 Buttigieg and Klobuchar are strong choices.

None of the Trump clowns (DeSantis, JR, Cruz) have any national/global standing and we (should have) learned our lesson on having a crack-pot in the WH. So maybe Romney, or Cheney, both of whom are polarizing, but good leaders, might step into the void. Are they electable?

Either way, are we low enough that finally a leader will step forward, or do we have to slip even further before a person of moral courage, strong leadership, and domestic and international respect comes forward?

I doubt we are there yet....

Probably things get worse...before they get better.
Fentanyl and massive illegal entry have not hurt us at all say Biden supporters/

The sky is not blue.
Water is not wet.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:04 AM

10,483 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Realistically, the Biden policies have not generally been bad for America. Ask anyone of the internet/talking head TV "personalities" for a specific plan which addresses the supposed shortcomings, and they will likely not have anything significant which benefits us all in a way that harms none. The world just doesn't work that way any longer. And with a zillion opinion outlets, there are always plenty of abusive comments but very few lengthy, well vetted, solutions to our domestic/global challenges.

Having said that, who will run in 2024? Biden "looks" like a dufus and is easy to assail. Maybe Booker? From 2020 Buttigieg and Klobuchar are strong choices.

Either way, are we low enough that finally a leader will step forward, or do we have to slip even further before a person of moral courage, strong leadership, and domestic and international respect comes forward?

I doubt we are there yet....

Probably things get worse...before they get better.
Its obvious you watch the state run propaganda media. Its really bad out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies