Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 02:08 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am not the one who made that claim, although I have heard this claim made before. I was just clarifying what Deism is. Ask the person who said it above for more information. (Submariner, Post #121.)

I've never looked deeply into this.
They were accepted as Christians and there’s a list of each one’s belief.

Whatever their beliefs, the Founders came from similar religious backgrounds. Most were Protestants. The largest number were raised in the three largest Christian traditions of colonial America—Anglicanism (as in the cases of John Jay, George Washington, and Edward Rutledge), Presbyterianism (as in the cases of Richard Stockton and the Rev. John Witherspoon), and Congregationalism (as in the cases of John Adams and Samuel Adams). Other Protestant groups included the Society of Friends (Quakers), the Lutherans, and the Dutch Reformed. Three Founders—Charles Carroll and Daniel Carroll of Maryland and Thomas Fitzsimmons of Pennsylvania—were of Roman Catholic heritage.y

https://www.britannica.com/topic/The...e%20assistance.

Because you were baptized in any group does not guarantee their beliefs and apparently they did vary. Now on those times, who had the money and power were not the Blacks, Chinese, Turks, Indians etc. They would have never been accepted in the ranks. They had no idea what 2022 be like. Mainstream politics, but they understood separation.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:05 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The ideas that life is sacred, and abortion is a sin, are religious ideas. The fact that Roe v. Wade was improperly decided and was not grounded in the Constitution is a judicial decision. The fact that there is some overlap in this particular case does not mean that the overturn was a religious decision, per se.
Therein lies the problem. When there is overlap we are not headed down the road of separation. If the motivation to over turn roe was from the medical community we could buy it. How can something motivated by the church cannot be religious?

Old 06-28-2022, 03:06 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Since a fetus conceived as a result of rape or incest has the same "personhood" that a fetus conceived on ones wedding night, then the Alabama abortion ban is one that distinguishes saints from sinners. It always religious. Nobody running on a pro-life platform will admit this.

Always? I know pro lifers that are not religious. They believe in science and when LIFE begins. I'm not religious. I stop going to church when I was 18 and my mom couldn't force me anymore and I'm with the Pro Life crowd

I'm alive and many more because my grandma who wasn't religious didn't kill my mother and she had every reason to, she was terminal ill but Grandma didn't die until she made sure she was taken care of. Those women are worth 1,000 more than the POS you see at the abortion rallies today.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:14 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Therein lies the problem. When there is overlap we are not headed down the road of separation. If the motivation to over turn roe was from the medical community we could buy it. How can something motivated by the church cannot be religious?

Please. Stop the cr@p. It was constitutionally. It was a bad law to force on 50 states and the U.S. Territories on a made up law by 7 federal judges. Might as well a judge make a law that people that looks like me have a right to a Ferrari while you are it or have a right to a nice young woman with big breasts and a big behind for a wife. Or make it a right for all fat women to get lipo so they feel better about themselves. The S.C. didn't mention anything religious in their conclusion why they voted that way.

Even RGB said it was a bad law and the most anti-democratic decision by the court. Her words.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:17 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
They were accepted as Christians and there’s a list of each one’s belief.

Whatever their beliefs, the Founders came from similar religious backgrounds. Most were Protestants. The largest number were raised in the three largest Christian traditions of colonial America—Anglicanism (as in the cases of John Jay, George Washington, and Edward Rutledge), Presbyterianism (as in the cases of Richard Stockton and the Rev. John Witherspoon), and Congregationalism (as in the cases of John Adams and Samuel Adams). Other Protestant groups included the Society of Friends (Quakers), the Lutherans, and the Dutch Reformed. Three Founders—Charles Carroll and Daniel Carroll of Maryland and Thomas Fitzsimmons of Pennsylvania—were of Roman Catholic heritage.y

https://www.britannica.com/topic/The...e%20assistance.

Because you were baptized in any group does not guarantee their beliefs and apparently they did vary. Now on those times, who had the money and power were not the Blacks, Chinese, Turks, Indians etc. They would have never been accepted in the ranks. They had no idea what 2022 be like. Mainstream politics, but they understood separation.

I see, thanks.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:18 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Please. Stop the cr@p. It was constitutionally. It was a bad law to force on 50 states and the U.S. Territories on a made up law by 7 federal judges. Might as well a judge make a law that people that looks like me have a right to a Ferrari while you are it or have a right to a nice young woman with big breasts and a big behind for a wife. Or make it a right for all fat women to get lipo so they feel better about themselves. The S.C. didn't mention anything religious in their conclusion why they voted that way.

Even RGB said it was a bad law and the most anti-democratic decision by the court. Her words.
Abortion is a private matter between a patient and a doctor any other descriptions of it has to ignore the fact that privacy has become a fundamental right. Physician assisted suicide is killing too, right? Since no sex is involved the new justices and religion don't care.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:21 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Always? I know pro lifers that are not religious. They believe in science and when LIFE begins. I'm not religious. I stop going to church when I was 18 and my mom couldn't force me anymore and I'm with the Pro Life crowd

I'm alive and many more because my grandma who wasn't religious didn't kill my mother and she had every reason to, she was terminal ill but Grandma didn't die until she made sure she was taken care of. Those women are worth 1,000 more than the POS you see at the abortion rallies today.

But no one could explain *scientifically* yet, whence *life* came, is this correct?

Old 06-28-2022, 04:23 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,563,757 times
Of course it was religion driven to overturn.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:29 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Abortion is a private matter between a patient and a doctor any other descriptions of it has to ignore the fact that privacy has become a fundamental right. Physician assisted suicide is killing too, right? Since no sex is involved the new justices and religion don't care.
In the US, physician-assisted suicide is not recognized as a right on the federal level following the ruling of*Washington v. Glucksberg. Some states*have recognized the right to physician-assisted suicide through*'death with dignity' laws, others haven't and its illegal.*Abortion will be the same. Some states will allow it in most or all situations, others won't.

Note that as there is no Constitutional Right to privacy, there is consequently no Constitutional Right to physician-assisted suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies