Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 07:33 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
The exponential growth of Mormonism and the Amish across America has not slowed down.
If this trend of high birth rates continues, Mormons and the Amish will become a significant national voting block and will have a very strong influence over U.S. politics.

https://i.ibb.co/KhkvvzN/USA-Mormon-and-Amish.gif

The Righteous & Faithful will inherit America, this is destiny, God willing!
Your image comes from a free hosting image source. I could use that same outfit to post my own charts and maps to show anything I felt like showing - no verification required. Plus, I don't think the Amish even vote - it's just not their kind of thing.

But whatever gets you through the night, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 07:35 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I don't know if OP is joking or not, but IMHO, the future of America is strongly Hispanic. Hispanics still dominate immigration and will act more pronounced as the birthrate of US citizens continues downward.
Demographic studies have proven that immigrants adapt to the birthrates of the host country starting with the second and third generations. That means Hispanics will mostly likely follow the birthrate patterns of the general white population. They will not compete with the birthrates of the Mormons and Amish.

Old 06-25-2022, 07:35 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
The exponential growth of Mormonism and the Amish across America has not slowed down.
If this trend of high birth rates continues, Mormons and the Amish will become a significant national voting block and will have a very strong influence over U.S. politics.

Valhalla, this is what I see. And I base this on our interactions.

I am a God fearing person. I have a belief in Christ. I am intent on keeping it that way.

With that in mind, I don't think this is about the righteous and faithful inheriting America. I think that for you, the Amish and Mormon societies represent the kind of demographic you wish America had. 95% White, ultra-conservative, and and with high birth rates. I base this opinion on things you've said in the past.

Old 06-25-2022, 07:38 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Medieval Christian Europe was no better than today’s Islamic Middle East.
I don't believe Mormons and Amish are extremist in the same way as medieval Christians or fundamentalist Islam but I am no expert in their cultures.

Old 06-25-2022, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I don't believe Mormons and Amish are extremist in the same way as medieval Christians or fundamentalist Islam but I am no expert in their cultures.
No. But the Mormon church has its own sordid history, primarily its pre-1978 doctrine on Blacks.

Old 06-25-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'd guess that most immigrants from Mexico and Central America are Catholic. Do you have a chart for that?
I don't think said person does. I'm a Catholic myself (of African-American ethnicity). I suspect this isn't really about the proliferation of the Christian faith

Old 06-25-2022, 08:22 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,699,999 times
I dunno… I can turn out a mormon.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:49 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,827 times
Quote:

Mormons are a cult according to many evangelicals. Amish are a tiny proportion of America population, and are even less than 1% of the population. Even if they reach 1% of population, it won't really make America more religious.

BTW at least 30% of Americans under 30 are not religious. I am sure that as time will go on, America will get less religious.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:08 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
In a college class I took a couple years ago, they predicted that Europe would be majority Muslim in 20-30 years and the US in 40-50 years. Muslims have far more kids than any other religion. Christians have the fewest.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:10 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Do the Amish even vote? I think it’s against their religion…they certainly aren’t allowed to watch Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies