Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 10:53 PM

42,849 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Are the insurrectionists in the Democrat Party not aware that the Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funding of killing unborn children?

I guess that’s yet another law that the insurrectionists feel they can ignore.
A health clinic on federal land does not constitute a violation of the Hyde Amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 10:55 PM

45,581 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well your rights are next on the list to be taken away.
Nobody's rights have been taken away - except the unborn child's rights.

Abortion is not a right. It never has been. It has been case law.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:56 PM

276 posts, read 146,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
If Democrats think people who are upset about gas prices simply need to buy an EV, or if people who are losing their jobs in the fossil fuel industry just need to “learn to code,” surely these “terrified” women can simply pick up and move to state in which abortion is legal.

The idea of setting up “abortion tents” on federal land in states where abortion is illegal is silly.
We live in a silly time, full of silly people going crazy over silly things.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:01 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nobody's rights have been taken away - except the unborn child's rights.

Abortion is not a right. It never has been. It has been case law.
Where in the constitution does it say embryos have rights. It doesn't even say anything about women having rights.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:02 PM

42,849 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
These people are relentless...

The Hyde Amendment currently prohibits abortions from taking place on federal lands.
I'm pretty sure that the Hyde Amendment prohibits spending federal money on abortions, but if the feds didn't pay for the structure, or pay the salary of the people working in it, or for any other cost directly attributed to abortions, how would that be a violation?

Old 06-28-2022, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Where in the constitution does it say embryos have rights. It doesn't even say anything about women having rights.
Nobody's rights have been taken away.

The life squashed out of existence does not get a chance to experience the rights he/she has.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivvittysiggitty View Post
ChristoFascism
Another whiner throwing a tantrum and blaming others because you didn't get your way.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:55 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times
Quote:
Women are terrified. Even republican women get abortions so stop with the leftists stuff. No one cares about them or their circumstances anymore. It's an agonizing decision to make and very personal. Men could never understand this. You just want babies born.
Wrong. You clearly know very little about real men.

Old 06-29-2022, 12:09 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Another whiner throwing a tantrum and blaming others because you didn't get your way.
Followers of Trump are quite familiar with that tactic, and you perfected it with the Jan 6 insurrection. Republicans want their own way so badly that they will sacrifice anything - including our democracy - to get it. Now Republicans have no problem turning women into second class citizens and are refusing them the right to determine what they should do with their own bodies. The women of this country are being deprived of an important part of their health care just so religious fanatics on the right side of the aisle get to have their own way by pretending that an 8 celled embryo is no different than a 9 month baby.

Anyone who thinks that the Muslims are bad should look at all the atrocities carried out by fundamentalist Christians beginning with the many cruelties described in the Old Testament.

I have a right to decide what is done to my own body just as I have a right to choose which spiritual beliefs I will follow even if I choose to be a non Christian. Even if I decide to follow no religion at all. This is true for every single woman in our Country. Focus on your own damn family and leave me and mine alone.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:57 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Women are terrified. Even republican women get abortions so stop with the leftists stuff. No one cares about them or their circumstances anymore. It's an agonizing decision to make and very personal. Men could never understand this. You just want babies born.
That's silly!

Why would an out-patient surgical procedure involve an agonizing decision?

They just take out a "glob of tissues" right?

Is it the gowns that leave your ass hanging out, because I can understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies