Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you against State Government overreach?
Yes 26 96.30%
No 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 08:01 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,793,341 times

Advertisements

In the past few years there have been huge examples of State Government overreach, such as with vaccine mandates and banning abortions.

For vaccines look at the many States which have made vaccine restrictions and forced people to take a vaccine some find poison. All in the name of safety and to prevent deaths.

Then there's States banning abortions, which is causing the Government to trample on the lives of women and forcing them to carry an unwanted pregnancy, which again some find this poison. All in the name to prevent the deaths of fetuses.

I believe that a good chunk of American's hate these examples of Government overreach. For vaccine mandates just going by here these are unwanted by many. And for abortion, in Texas for example only 35% percent support banning abortions in this State, which the Government of Texas has exactly done.

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/set...erturns-roe--2

Here are some examples of brave American's protesting these huge examples of Government overreach in their States.

Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=job79G1sbTY

Arizona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPHoiFZH-8

I don't support Government overreach. Do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 08:04 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,566,202 times
So banning homicide is state overreach?

Old 06-29-2022, 08:09 AM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
In the past few years there have been huge examples of State Government overreach, such as with vaccine mandates and banning abortions.

For vaccines look at the many States which have made vaccine restrictions and forced people to take a vaccine some find poison. All in the name of safety and to prevent deaths.

Then there's States banning abortions, which is causing the Government to trample on the lives of women and forcing them to carry an unwanted pregnancy, which again some find this poison. All in the name to prevent the deaths of fetuses.

I believe that a good chunk of American's hate these examples of Government overreach. For vaccine mandates just going by here these are unwanted by many. And for abortion, in Texas for example only 35% percent support banning abortions in this State, which the Government of Texas has exactly done.

Here are some examples of brave American's protesting these huge examples of Government overreach in their States.

Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=job79G1sbTY

Arizona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPHoiFZH-8

I don't support Government overreach. Do you?
Stopping partial birth abortions is not overreach. Up to a day before a baby is born the abortionist puts a needle into the babies head and sucks out the brains of a perfectly formed baby collapsing their head and turning them around and pulling them out by their feet . I don't think it is overreach to stop such a practice . It is barbaric. These babies should be born and if the mother does not want the child there are many who would love to bring up this child .

Old 06-29-2022, 08:11 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,563,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
These babies should be born and if the mother does not want the child there are many who would love to bring up this child .
Are there? The overburdened foster system says otherwise.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:13 AM

7,963 posts, read 3,502,935 times
I support states rights but I don't support every decision a state makes, I just usually support the state's right to decide for itself.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Are there? The overburdened foster system says otherwise.
It doesn't really matter, there's a lot of bums in large cities and they'd be better off without them, but that doesn't mean you can go around killing them even if that would fix the problem.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:17 AM

1,702 posts, read 787,706 times
I don't support the over reach of Federal, State or Local government. I don't even support the over reach of my Home Owner's Association. By I do support the right of states to create and enforce their own laws in general.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
So banning homicide is state overreach?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Stopping partial birth abortions is not overreach. Up to a day before a baby is born the abortionist puts a needle into the babies head and sucks out the brains of a perfectly formed baby collapsing their head and turning them around and pulling them out by their feet . I don't think it is overreach to stop such a practice . It is barbaric. These babies should be born and if the mother does not want the child there are many who would love to bring up this child .
Just remember. Only 35% in mostly Conservative Texas support banning abortion.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
I don't support the over reach of Federal, State or Local government. I don't even support the over reach of my Home Owner's Association. By I do support the right of states to create and enforce their own laws in general.
Which certainly has been happening. Rather forcing one to take a Covid vaccination or banning Abortions.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Just remember. Only 35% in mostly Conservative Texas support banning abortion.

What's your point? I'm personally included in that 65%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies