Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 09:01 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

These people are relentless...

Place Abortion Clinics on Federal Lands in Red States, AOC and Warren Urge

U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) and U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) made the remarks in separate appearances on Sunday morning shows, arguing that the federal government has the authority to permit abortions on federal lands. National parks and forests, military bases and courthouses are examples of federal lands.

“We have never left individual rights to the states,” Warren said on ABC’s This Week.

Ocasio-Cortez echoed Warren’s remarks.

“What we need to do is show the American people that when they give the Democratic Party power and when they actually do vote for us, that we will be using and we are willing to use the power that they do give us in order to merit increased expansions in our majority,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

Pro-choice legislators, she noted, are examining many ideas, including “asking President Biden to explore opening healthcare clinics on federal lands in red states in order to help people access the healthcare and abortion services that they need.”

The Hyde Amendment currently prohibits abortions from taking place on federal lands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 09:03 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
The leftists are driven by the terrifying prospect that somewhere out there, even if it's in the most backward of Red States, a baby might actually be born.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:06 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Are the insurrectionists in the Democrat Party not aware that the Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funding of killing unborn children?

I guess that’s yet another law that the insurrectionists feel they can ignore.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:20 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
These people are relentless...
They can't claim success with the Economy, the Border, or the Supply chain. People still remember how they handled COVID by force. People are seeing how transparent they are with "Women's Rights" saying that Men can compare against women. Even gun control has taken a back seat.

At this point, they are just grasping at straws to try and find something that people will focus on instead of everything else the Democrats have messed up. But even that is failing, the protests haven't gained the traction I am sure they wanted. I'm sure that many people filled their tank and realized they just spent $80 on gas and decided that abortion wasn't really worth using a tank of gas on. The biggest protests were in States where Abortion was not even at the risk of being made illegal.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:42 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The leftists are driven by the terrifying prospect that somewhere out there, even if it's in the most backward of Red States, a baby might actually be born.
Women are terrified. Even republican women get abortions so stop with the leftists stuff. No one cares about them or their circumstances anymore. It's an agonizing decision to make and very personal. Men could never understand this. You just want babies born.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:22 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,363,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Women are terrified. Even republican women get abortions so stop with the leftists stuff. No one cares about them or their circumstances anymore. It's an agonizing decision to make and very personal. Men could never understand this. You just want babies born.
If Democrats think people who are upset about gas prices simply need to buy an EV, or if people who are losing their jobs in the fossil fuel industry just need to “learn to code,” surely these “terrified” women can simply pick up and move to state in which abortion is legal.

The idea of setting up “abortion tents” on federal land in states where abortion is illegal is silly.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:29 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Pro choice is driven by a woman being able to make her own choices in life, just as a man does.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
If Democrats think people who are upset about gas prices simply need to buy an EV, or if people who are losing their jobs in the fossil fuel industry just need to “learn to code,” surely these “terrified” women can simply pick up and move to state in which abortion is legal.

The idea of setting up “abortion tents” on federal land in states where abortion is illegal is silly.
Poor women can't just take up and leave. They are the ones who are going to be affected the most by this. And these are just two democrats saying this. You really have no regard for women, do you.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:40 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,363,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Poor women can't just take up and leave. They are the ones who are going to be affected the most by this. And these are just two democrats saying this. You really have no regard for women, do you.
I don’t have a problem with women. I’m just trying to think like a Democrat here and offer some solutions.

BTW I’m gay and I fall higher on the Democrat Totem Pole of Identity Politics™ than you do.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I don’t have a problem with women. I’m just trying to think like a Democrat here and offer some solutions.

BTW I’m gay and I fall higher on the Democrat Totem Pole of Identity Politics™ than you do.
Well your rights are next on the list to be taken away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies