Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 11:39 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times

Advertisements

It'll get struck down as well. The licensing officer interview and review is just a repackaging of the "good reason" that just got tossed. You don't need a reason, you don't need to have friends or references, and you don't need social media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 11:45 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
I guess they couldn't ban the bullets.

So make the requirements nearly impossible.

Don't you just love our government and how they work "for" us

Old 07-02-2022, 11:46 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Very reasonable and needed move by NY State. I commend it.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:49 AM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The new requirements include:

Re-certification will be required every 3 years instead of the current 5 years
16 hours of classroom training
2 hours of live-fire training
Written exam with a score of at least 80%
Applicants would need to meet with ‘licensing officer’ for an interview
Provide names, ages and contact info for members of their household
Provide 4 references
Disclose current and past social media accounts so that the ‘licensing officer’ can review their content

There will also be a huge number of buildings and open space where the carrying of concealed weapons are prohibited. At least you will be able to drive down the street in your car with a concealed weapon, but little else outside your car.

https://concealednation.org/2022/07/...UqNKR9sXFCOXno

The Left Wing -- shredding the US Constitution since 1964, or earlier.
This is for CCW not just ownership right? I believe CCW was unattainable so this is attainable but it is a clear violation of the 2nd amendment. The people who voted for it should be locked in prison for blatant rights violations. Because there is no accountability for politicians voting to violate our rights, they will just keep doing it to score political points.

I hope a lot of people in NJ are applying for CCW permits.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:50 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Sounds like the legislature has intentionally and egregiously decided to violate the rights of the citizens of New York, clearly an exception to the qualified immunity protection they enjoy as public officials. People need to start suing members of the legislature personally and Federal civil rights charges should be levied as well. I am sick and tired of Democrats blatantly and proudly crapping all over the Constitution every chance they get.
Get their addresses and parade in front of their houses...just like the left has done.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:51 AM

1,693 posts, read 612,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The new requirements include:

Re-certification will be required every 3 years instead of the current 5 years
16 hours of classroom training
2 hours of live-fire training
Written exam with a score of at least 80%
Applicants would need to meet with ‘licensing officer’ for an interview
Provide names, ages and contact info for members of their household
Provide 4 references
Disclose current and past social media accounts so that the ‘licensing officer’ can review their content

There will also be a huge number of buildings and open space where the carrying of concealed weapons are prohibited. At least you will be able to drive down the street in your car with a concealed weapon, but little else outside your car.

https://concealednation.org/2022/07/...UqNKR9sXFCOXno

The Left Wing -- shredding the US Constitution since 1964, or earlier.
Insane leftists. I wonder how many criminals will participate in this charade before hitting the streets? I mean, they are all concerned about gun safety.

Part of me doesn’t feel bad for anyone there. If you don’t want to live under authoritarian rule, leave the state. Let it continue to become the rat hole it has started to become.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:53 AM

1,693 posts, read 612,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Very reasonable and needed move by NY State. I commend it.
These laws will kill more people than they save. You think that’s a good idea?

Old 07-02-2022, 12:03 PM

29,533 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Doesn't matter. They're both stupid restrictions or bans which politicians are trying to pass into law at a time when American's feel their freedom is under threat.
Well one is enshrined in the Constitution and States who are pro gun restrictions have limited wiggle room. Obviously NY is doing everything they can to make it an extreme burdensome for law abiding citizens to obtain a conceal carry when they should be concentrating on longer prison sentences for criminals who illegally obtain/use a firearm.

The other isn't in the Constitution at all. Roe V Wade applied the 14th amendment to justify a right for a woman to choose but the amendment says "no state can deny a citizen the right to life liberty and property". So that's quite a stretch in the interpretation of the 14th amendment to apply it to ending a pregnancy. Now with the SCOTUS ruling it will be left to the States to decide. If the people in those states don't like the restrictions or bans placed they can vote them out and replace them with politicians who will lift those bans. Btw Im not for an outright ban on abortion. Imho it should remain legal for the first trimester and then after only for medical emergencies. That's just me.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:04 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
These laws will kill more people than they save. You think that’s a good idea?

More guns = more deaths

Old 07-02-2022, 12:20 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Insane leftists. I wonder how many criminals will participate in this charade before hitting the streets? I mean, they are all concerned about gun safety.

Part of me doesn’t feel bad for anyone there. If you don’t want to live under authoritarian rule, leave the state. Let it continue to become the rat hole it has started to become.
Most thugs can't pass the background check to own a gun. That is why all of their guns are stolen or illegally transferred straw purchases. As you well know, this will only affect the law abiding -- completely in defiance of the Supreme Court ruling and the Founders intentions.

One thing is nice though. It is comforting knowing that the New York government is consistently evil and tyrannical. If they weren't fighting the Supreme Court ruling tooth and nail, I would be very suspicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies