Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 02:55 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,862,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Underclass Black criminals commit alot of crime. The average Black person isn't committing crime. Again, what do you expect law-abiding Black people to do other than obeying the law and turning in people who commit crimes? Last I checked, most violent criminals understand nothing but death and violence. They will listen to no one and operate far outside of polite society. Why should law abiding people be made to pay for someone else's sin?
This brings to mind, reparations. Why should white people, alive today, be forced to pay reparations to black people, alive today, who were never slaves?

Makes no sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 03:02 PM

73,143 posts, read 62,844,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
This brings to mind, reparations. Why should white people, alive today, be forced to pay reparations to black people, alive today, who were never slaves?

Makes no sense!
You're answering a question with another question and bringing in a topic that has nothing to do with this discussion. Just stick to the topic and answer my question as it pertains to the topic.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:02 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,891,087 times
Quote:

Makes no sense!
Start your own thread about reparations.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Start your own thread about reparations.
Thank you Ralph!! Reparations has nothing to do with this. We're talking about police brutality, adverse and biased treatment from the police. Someone bringing in an unrelated topic, it's a gaslighting tactic, deflection.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:08 PM

6,797 posts, read 3,052,611 times
Quote:
Thank you Ralph!! Reparations has nothing to do with this. We're talking about police brutality, adverse and biased treatment from the police. Someone bringing in an unrelated topic, it's a gaslighting tactic, deflection.
A better comparison may be, why should Law abiding Gun owners pay for the illegal antics of criminals with guns. Both answers should be the same.

There are opportunities to band together but sometimes it just isn't convenient, apparently.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:11 PM

573 posts, read 261,782 times
White Male here;

I used to have a hard time with the Cops when i was younger... NO MORE. I've repented.

NOW...i never get hassled by Cops. I don't give them 'a reason' to get aggressive with me.______Know why?

Because; 'I'm F**kin Smart'________Here's what i do when i get pulled over;

I immediately roll down all my windows so the Cops can see what i'm doing at all times. Then i reach for ID from Glove-box (ins.registration). Then i pull out my license, ready to hand it to the Cop.

By this time, the PD has run my plates and see's there are no warrants or 'missed court dates' on my record.

See...i have this attitude; This Cop has a Tough Job working with the PUBLIC. The Public has a large majority of Idiots who want to fight the Law. Rebels 'without a cause.'

NOT ME...i got better things to do like go fishing, run on the beach, Ride Bikes on the Beach, go out to diner, go to the gym, etc. I AIN'T GOT TIME for minor BS with the Law. I don't give a Rat's ass about a Ticket...PERIOD.

Cop starts giving me c**t,... i always 'agree with them.'

'Oh,...i'm sorry officer, i didn't mean to run that Red Light. I got distracted by those kids on the side-walk and missed the light.'

Most of the time, Cops will let you go if you humble yourself. _____but when you challenge them, you gonna get a ticket. Then you got to hire a lawyer, pay court costs and more BS that i'm not interested in... I'm White_____i graduated from all that BS~

Old 07-06-2022, 03:12 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,142,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I am a minority too but I have never been pulled over. I always obey the traffic laws.
I've been pulled over countless times over the years but not once was I close to getting shot. I always obey orders by law enforcement though. My family is missing out. No huge monetary payout from local government follows law abiding citizens.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:14 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,862,839 times
Quote:
You're answering a question with another question and bringing in a topic that has nothing to do with this discussion. Just stick to the topic and answer my question as it pertains to the topic.
I hadn't realized that I have to get your approval to post my opinions on a public forum.
Are you now a moderator?

Old 07-06-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I hadn't realized that I have to get your approval to post my opinions on a public forum.
Are you now a moderator?
Just answer the question as it was intended. Why should law abiding citizens be made to suffer for the guilty, as it applies to policing?

Old 07-06-2022, 03:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 997,823 times
Quote:
I don't have any kids. No wife either. There are times I wonder if I would be cut out for raising children. It is hard raising kids. It's especially hard raising a Black kids knowing all that a Black kid will eventually have to grapple with. Try getting that kid to be a good influence on other kids. Not everyone will listen. Pop culture holds too much power.

The average middle class Black person has little in common with a ghetto, underclass thug culture-immersed Black person other than skin color. I mentioned being a childless bachelor in the last paragraph. It is indeed hard enough taking care of myself. How would anyone expect me to babysit hood rats who won't listen anyway? Last I checked, those would be the persons deriding middle class Blacks as "acting White".

I challenge those persons who think people should get our misfit "brothers" under control to answer this: How do you expect people like me to do that when it's proven they won't listen to anyone, not even fellow Blacks?
It's a cop out. Similar in nature to laying it in the lap of the schools. "Be better at teaching and turn around these young pre-criminals" As a conservative I believe that such fundamental problems start and end at home and that neither govt, nor schools nor any other institution can fix it. Kids are won or lost by their families at an early age.

The blame-shifters are trivializing the issue by telling you to save your lost brethren by doing what ... playing sports with them? Telling them about your job and how you got where you are? Listening to their problems? That's all good enough stuff but when they don't even have the foundation of civility to listen to you or give you any respect at all for your accomplishments and instead see you as some sort of traitor then what? They're too far gone at that point. They were raised by wolves and lack such fundamental basics as manners, respect for elders, a recognition that rules matter, that education matters, impulse control and a rejection of violence. Only family can solve that and I don't know how to fix "the family" issue. You start by doing the best you can for your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies