Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2022, 10:21 AM

15,468 posts, read 7,516,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Judges in all 50 states award child support payment for prenatal and birth expenses if the mother sues for it. There's no reason to not do so.
Right, and all the poor women have the money it costs to file a suit.

I fully support making the fathers pay, but it's not a simple process, and there's not a lot of help, depending on where you live.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:25 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,907,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The responsibility comes down to the woman as she's the one that is either going to carry that child for 9 months or choice to abort it. I have 2 sons who have values and ethics because I raised them to. They are responsible and won't take the chance that the woman is on contraception because she says so.

Any man who does not want to support a child for the next 21 yrs of their lives will take responsibility to protect himself and the woman but many of these guys don't give a rat's a** and why the responsibility is the womans.
You seem to contradict yourself.
You say bc is the womans responsibility. Then you say your own sons take responsibility for their contraception.
You say bc is a womans responsibility by men will take responsibility for themselves.
You say bc is a womans responsibility because men dont care.

I think we actually do agree that each individual, male or female, is responsible for their own reproduction, or should be.
Excluding men from the conversations on responsibility because they dont physically get pregnant is excusing them of any responsibility. Excuse them of their responsibility then they dont give a rat's arse. When both take the responsibility seriously and personally then there will be fewer unwanted pregnancies.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:25 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,605,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Judges in all 50 states award child support payment for prenatal and birth expenses if the mother sues for it. There's no reason to not do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post

I fully support making the fathers pay, but it's not a simple process, and there's not a lot of help, depending on where you live.
legal aid ...

Old 07-08-2022, 10:26 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,625,370 times
End of Roe May Overwhelm Foster Care Systems

Irresponsible men who can't keep it zipped and irresponsible women who can't keep their knees together, and who think there's nothing wrong with killing unborn babies May Overwhelm Foster Care Systems

Fixed it for you.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:27 AM

15,468 posts, read 7,516,901 times
Quote:
Once again - if they don't want any more children - there is contraception, or tie your tubes or get a vasectomy. I was on the pill when I got pregnant with my second - I was unsure what I wanted to do but things happen for a reason and I could never imagine not having either of my kids. As a parent - get a second job, cut expenses ect...

I'm so frustrated that so many here don't think people have to be responsible for their actions. We have a society that wants to blame everyone else for the problems they create due to the choices they made.

Also as I stated earlier - my cousin just adopted a black baby she fostered - she's 60 yrs old and I don't know where her head is at but I have two friends whose daughters also adopted black babies. There is not the societal stigmatism there was years ago.
What would you have done if you became pregnant with your 6th child while on the pill? We have friends whose 4th child came after a tubal ligation was done after the third child. They chose to have the child, despite being poor and the husband out of work due to disability, but it was a hardship. They were lucky to have relatives that helped them out by paying off their house, helping pay for a part time baby sitter, etc. Not everyone has that opportunity.

The anti-choice side has no concept of nuance, and the ins and outs of different situations. Just because something worked out for one person doesn't mean it will work for another.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:27 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
There are pro bono legal clinics, legal aid, etc. If there are an insufficient amount of such, the vast majority of lawyers are lefties so time to step it up and serve your people!

Old 07-08-2022, 10:29 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,907,841 times
Quote:
I donate to Summit who runs facilities to help unwed mothers who decide to keep their babies. My one beef with them is that because they are Christian - they never school the girls on contraception and how not to get pregnant. There are many organizations like this that help women. Then you have FB - everyday there are requests for clothing, formula, meat ect with 60+ offers of free items to help the poster out.
yes, welfare.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:29 AM

63,003 posts, read 29,187,836 times
I just read that Biden is going to sign an EO to make abortion legal nationwide. He called it reproductive healthcare, lol.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:31 AM

15,861 posts, read 6,561,252 times
Abortions tend to happen at about the same rate, whether it is legal or not. I'm skeptical that there will be a large increase in unwanted births unless we are brain-dead enough to restrict contraceptives.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:32 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:

I'm not buying that.

More than likely in those instances, they either:

a) can't pin down who the father is (Jerry Springer anyone?)
b) know that it's a waste of time trying to collect from the scumbag
c) don't want him involved in their life

I know someone that got pregnant from essentially a very short term relationship and then found out the guy had a rather ugly criminal record among other bad things. Both b & c applied in their situation.

To reiterate, I think people claiming it was just too hard to get child support may just find that an easier narrative than "He's in jail and already had 7 other kids and deals drugs".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies