Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 12:01 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
What I found:

Executive Order 13988: Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation

Executive Order 14020: The purpose of this order is to achieve gender equality and promote equal rights in the United States and worldwide. This order is a strategic objective designed to reduce poverty and foster economic growth in the US with the purpose of encouraging gender equality in employment.

Executive Order 14021: states students should be guaranteed an educational environment free from discrimination based on sex.

Executive Order 14075: confronts unlawful discrimination and eliminate disparities that harm lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, *****, and intersex (LGBTQI+) individuals and their families.

I found nothing about indoctrinating young children with pro-transgender propaganda.
This will never say that, but it opens the door and encourages school districts to promote these gender affirming lessons as young as kindergarten. Just like CRT is never explicitly said, it’s just permeating the entire curriculum.

Old 07-11-2022, 12:03 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No, it doesn’t. Not for trans. Did you read her testimony that Clara shared? The anti conversion therapy prevented doctors from discouraging her from transitioning.

There most definitely is a push to promote gender ideology, allow transitions, allow trans women into women’s spaces, sports, etc. This will harm actual women in addition to the people who are harmed by the medical community that does this to people.
Conversion therapy was never a valid medical procedure and certainly not one that a real doctor would bring up. But where was her parents, is it not their place to say no your not pursuing this course of action?

Actual woman will be harmed, everyone is a victim and the judge is still out on how a trans-woman is a detriment to a work place. And lets not forget this can go both ways, woman becoming men...
You fear harm from medical practitioners when someone has to seek out this type of treatment which is legal and accepted in the medical community. The danger of "harm" is far greater for those who seek plastic surgery...

Old 07-11-2022, 12:05 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You just posted that kids don't change clothes but now they do ?
Most students are not taking swimming. I can assure you they don't change for P.E.

Old 07-11-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Did you actually read these? They talk about stopping discrimination and ending conversion therapy. There is nothing about indoctrinating young children with pro-transgender propaganda.
It’s in there, in bold.
President Biden’s Executive Order builds on the historic progress he has made for LGBTQI+ people by:

Addressing discriminatory legislative attacks against LGBTQI+ children and families, directing key agencies to protect families and children;

Preventing so-called “conversion therapy” with a historic initiative to protect children from the harmful practice;

Safeguarding health care, and programs designed to prevent youth suicide;

Supporting LGBTQI+ children and families by launching a new initiative to protect foster youth, prevent homelessness, and improve access to federal programs; and…

Old 07-11-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
My kid had to change for PE in middle school. One kid even chose to shower. Not all schools are the same.
So did I, but I graduated from high school in 1973. I was talking about 2022.

Old 07-11-2022, 12:10 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Thank you for that VA.

It sounds like a reiteration of the original with the added wording of the 'new' term, "gender identity".

Still,...for example, you can't discriminate against selling a house to or employing someone based on what they identify as. So far so good.

But as MissTerri pointed out, there is a whole other sphere that isn't addressed. This bill is not even attempting to address those concerns and that is why, to me, it is coming off as rushed , trendy, and dismissive.

I don't want to burden you with more quoting, but I think that is a 'specific' that really should be clarified if they are going to go through the trouble of codifying this thing.
But Miss Terri in post #76 is the one who brought this up "This is what will happen everywhere if Biden and the Democratic Party get their Equality Act passed into law." which is why I commented on it at all.

Has our government ever done something completely, it always seems piecemealed...

Old 07-11-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
No The ban on conversion therapy prevents parents from sending their kids to Christian Gulags run by quacks who believe control and prayer will change the child behavior. It didn't work on the Duggar boy,
he was faith reprogrammed how many times?

You keep saying pro transition side when there is no side but people today will not hush that topic away if that's what your implying. Ultimately her parents allowed her to proceed with whatever procedures and isn't that what posters are always saying "that its the parents choice".

Glad you read the Equality Act because it has nothing to do with the decisions that this person made.
Well, that’s how they sell it anyway. In practice it means exactly what MissTerri said.

Old 07-11-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Men who dress like women are obvious. Long hair, makeup and women’s clothing does not make someone a woman.
I've had students who I wasn't sure what sex they are. In fact, I had one student who I thought was the opposite sex. I realized my mistake when I was entering grades in the online gradebook and it listed the student's sex. Keep in mind that some teenagers haven't developed sexual characteristics such as an Adams Apple or breasts.

Old 07-11-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The doctor who performed a double mastectomy on a 15 year old should be in jail.
I agree. We cannot stand for this any longer. I beg people to stop thinking of this as a left-right issue and start actually researching what is going on here. Every person, but especially every parent, should be aware of it and fight against it.

Old 07-11-2022, 12:27 PM

11,505 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Their doctors tell them puberty blockers are not permanent, just a pause to figure out what gender they are. They’re lying. They don’t even tell the kids and their parents all the negative side effects about bone density issues. If there are any plaintiffs lawyers here this is something that needs to be addressed.
People won't have their puppies fixed before a year old because doing so causes all kinds of health problems from poor joints to premature cancer. Then think it is OK to screw with the physiology of a 13-year old child as if there are no long-term health consequences.

Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies