Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 09:03 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...-benefits-cut#

FROM ABOVE LINK, my italics: The Army has announced that the over 60,000 National Guard and Army Reserve soldiers that remain unvaccinated against COVID-19 can't participate in their military duties, effectively cutting them off from some of their benefits.

"Soldiers who refuse the vaccination order without an approved or pending exemption request are subject to adverse administrative actions, including flags, bars to service, and official reprimands," an Army spokesperson said in a statement. "In the future, Soldiers who continue to refuse the vaccination order without an exemption may be subject to additional adverse administrative action, including separation."
[end quote]

This truly, imo, is an outrage. Just one more reason that I think the past two years or so have been an absolute disgrace, and especially the last 20 months since the Biden administration took over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 09:11 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Ourageous? Hardly. Disease has long been a critical factor in how wars are fought. If vaccines make a military unit more ready for battle, then vaccines is what they will use. If you don't like it, don't join the military.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:19 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Ourageous? Hardly. Disease has long been a critical factor in how wars are fought. If vaccines make a military unit more ready for battle, then vaccines is what they will use. If you don't like it, don't join the military.
Sure, for PROVEN and EFFECTIVE vaccines.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:25 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
And the regime gets to purge the military of non believers.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:28 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
As a recently separated National Guardman, good for those Soldiers. I served 4 years in AD and 8 years in the NG.

Unless you are AGR in the NG or you are close to earning enough "points" to retire, there is little to no tangible benefits for being in the NG.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:30 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
And they are 40-60% below their recruiting levels for the year.

Biden is destroying our Military. We may be speaking Chinese in a few years.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:43 AM

4,853 posts, read 3,282,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...-benefits-cut#

FROM ABOVE LINK, my italics: The Army has announced that the over 60,000 National Guard and Army Reserve soldiers that remain unvaccinated against COVID-19 can't participate in their military duties, effectively cutting them off from some of their benefits.

"Soldiers who refuse the vaccination order without an approved or pending exemption request are subject to adverse administrative actions, including flags, bars to service, and official reprimands," an Army spokesperson said in a statement. "In the future, Soldiers who continue to refuse the vaccination order without an exemption may be subject to additional adverse administrative action, including separation."
[end quote]

This truly, imo, is an outrage. Just one more reason that I think the past two years or so have been an absolute disgrace, and especially the last 20 months since the Biden administration took over.
While I'm not an advocate for the vaccine, I am a former military member who thinks 'order and discipline' means something. Don't agree it should be mandatory, but right now it is. None of these guys and gals will be surprised, because they knew it was coming... and they signed on for it.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:57 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
While I'm not an advocate for the vaccine, I am a former military member who thinks 'order and discipline' means something. Don't agree it should be mandatory, but right now it is. None of these guys and gals will be surprised, because they knew it was coming... and they signed on for it.
Sure, only if they enlisted in the military on or after February 2020

Old 07-10-2022, 10:01 AM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times
You may remember at the start everybody cheered the healthcare workers for working long hours in a stressful situation "thankyou for your service" was the theme just like toward military service. That is until the vaccine came out and then those that wanted forced vaccines cheered as healthcare workers got fired for not getting vaccinated. Even after it was proven the vaccine doesn't stop spread and people still get sick. Then places like California and New York later begged the healthcare workers to come back to work even if they were COVID POSITIVE because they were so short on staff.

Yes when you join the military you give up many freedoms civilians have, and certain vaccines are mandatory. However most those vaccines are for things like anthrax and other biological agents which is highly deadly, considering COVID has a low death rate and most people recover from something similar to the flu, decimating ranks in the military might come back to haunt.

Old 07-10-2022, 10:01 AM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And they are 40-60% below their recruiting levels for the year.

Biden is destroying our Military. We may be speaking Chinese in a few years.
Good thing we have private defense contractors and our own private militia. Good news, they are watching this country's back, whether the deep state likes it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies