Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 10:58 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
The Republicans may get some easy victories, but they still need to show up with competent candidates.
Competent compared to whom? Biden and Harris? That sets the bar very low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 11:13 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Real Clear Politics has their map up for the 2022 election for the House of Representatives.

The current House is comprised of: 220 Democrats ~ 209 Republicans with 6 Vacancies.

As of today, the Dems are likely to have at least 179 seats, while the GOP is likely to hold 223 and there are 33 toss-ups. 218 seats are needed to become the majority party. Amongst the 33 toss-ups, 29 are blue/democrat held districts, meaning the GOP is very likely to flip a lot of blue districts to red, where the Dems only have a couple opportunities to flip a red district to blue.

This is going to be a shellacking for the Dems in November.

Check out the map here:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...tions-map.html
Ho-hum. The President’s party has lost seats in Congress in 36 out of the last 40 midterm elections. Average of around 32 seats are lost, and as many as 125. Why should this year be any different?

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content...s_ch2_tbl4.pdf

Old 07-16-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
As a conservative, I don't loathe Republicans, Independents, or Moderate Democrats. I loathe the uber left radicals who have taken over our country, & who have now revealed their evil destructive agenda.

We don't have to resort to massive bloodshed to cancel them, 2 peaceful elections will work just fine.

Please join the centrist 80% to cancel the uber left now in control, and any uber right nutjobs who have similar goals.
The Uber left is in control? Last I checked, Joe Biden was President. Say what you will about him, but he’s not Uber left.

Last I checked, the Supreme Court was dominated by conservatives.

Last I checked, the Democrats in Congress were unable to push through any of their agenda, because of the filibuster and because of two moderate Democrats named Sinema and Manchin who block them every time.

So what are the Uber left in control of?

Old 07-16-2022, 03:17 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,762,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
The Uber left is in control? Last I checked, Joe Biden was President. Say what you will about him, but he’s not Uber left.

Last I checked, the Supreme Court was dominated by conservatives.

Last I checked, the Democrats in Congress were unable to push through any of their agenda, because of the filibuster and because of two moderate Democrats named Sinema and Manchin who block them every time.

So what are the Uber left in control of?
So in other words, the democrat policies are so unpopular and they're so incompetent, they can't get anything done for the American people.

They do talk a lot about taking things away from the people though. You know, things that are protected by the Bill of Rights...and they love talking about taking away more money from the people and their policies are generally inflationary, which is the most immoral tax of them all because it hits the poor and middle class the hardest.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:24 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,762,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Ho-hum. The President’s party has lost seats in Congress in 36 out of the last 40 midterm elections. Average of around 32 seats are lost, and as many as 125. Why should this year be any different?

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content...s_ch2_tbl4.pdf
Trump gained 2 senate seats. Obama lost both house/senate in both of his midterm election year. GWB gained house and senate in 2002. He lost both in 2006, but still he only lost 30 seats in the House, compared to Obama's 63 seats lost in 2010.

Bill Clinton lost big in 1994, lost 54 house seats and 8 senate seats, which made him pivot to the center. His pivot saved him, gained a 5 seats back in 1998, 0 senate seats back.

In the last 40 years, the biggest shellackings were midterms when Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama were in office.

During Obama's time, he lost 76 house seats and 15 Senate seats. He was a terrible president for the Democrat party in hindsight.
Clinton lost a total of 47 house seats and 8 Senate seats.
GW Bush lost 22 house seats and 4 Senate seats.
Trump lost 41 house seats, but gained 2 Senate seats.
Reagan lost 31 house seats and 7 Senate seats.

Old 07-16-2022, 08:05 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Competent compared to whom? Biden and Harris? That sets the bar very low.
In Michigan, I am thinking of the 5 governor candidates who were disqualified because they all hired the same scammer who forged petition signatures to get them on the ballot, and John James, an empty suit who gets nominated for any convenient office. There are many more examples in other states. Someone from Georgia may chime in about Herschel Walker.

Old 07-16-2022, 08:09 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
I expect the GOP to hold between 240-250 seats 1/20/2023.

Old 07-16-2022, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Trump gained 2 senate seats. Obama lost both house/senate in both of his midterm election year. GWB gained house and senate in 2002. He lost both in 2006, but still he only lost 30 seats in the House, compared to Obama's 63 seats lost in 2010.

Bill Clinton lost big in 1994, lost 54 house seats and 8 senate seats, which made him pivot to the center. His pivot saved him, gained a 5 seats back in 1998, 0 senate seats back.

In the last 40 years, the biggest shellackings were midterms when Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama were in office.

During Obama's time, he lost 76 house seats and 15 Senate seats. He was a terrible president for the Democrat party in hindsight.
Clinton lost a total of 47 house seats and 8 Senate seats.
GW Bush lost 22 house seats and 4 Senate seats.
Trump lost 41 house seats, but gained 2 Senate seats.
Reagan lost 31 house seats and 7 Senate seats.
And Biden will probably lose around 30 seats this fall. Just about par for the course.

Old 07-16-2022, 11:06 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The fact that IN-1 has moved to a toss-up is HUGE ... Dems have held that seat for a hundred years - it's one of the longest held seats in the country.

Jennifer Ruth Green has been working HARD for over a year to flip that seat. I have never seen a candidate work harder to earn votes.

If anyone wants to throw a few bucks her way, I would very much appreciate it.

https://jennifer-ruthgreen.com/
She ain’t black if she doesn’t vote democrats
-Biden

Old 07-16-2022, 11:42 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The fact that IN-1 has moved to a toss-up is HUGE ... Dems have held that seat for a hundred years - it's one of the longest held seats in the country.

Jennifer Ruth Green has been working HARD for over a year to flip that seat. I have never seen a candidate work harder to earn votes.

If anyone wants to throw a few bucks her way, I would very much appreciate it.

https://jennifer-ruthgreen.com/

Lt Col...I'm impressed.

Can't find any polls on that race but RCP has it in the toss-up category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies