Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 10:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

We have Dominion Energy.

My costs went up 3% over last year.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:54 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well I also live in Florida and my bill went up by $100 more than last year as well. I am not blaming Biden, it's the power companies fault. I read an article where they want to pass off the cost of upgrading their systems onto us, the consumers, instead of using their profits like they are supposed to. I literally almost passed out when I saw my bill. Everyone I know had the same thing happen.

We don't have a huge home and I try to be modest with my power usage, but I guess I will have to try to cut back even more. The biggie here is that it has been very hot here this year, I will have to try to cut back a bit more.
It is not exceedingly hot this year. It is normal. My bill says the usage is the same yet it is $100 more for the same usage.

Plus it always has been that way... half of any electric bill goes for upgrades to keep the grid strong. This is what California didn't do...they legislated they had to invest in green energy.

Natural gas produces electric in Florida and the price of natural gas is way up in cost. Translation. Your bill goes higher as natural gas goes higher. Biden attacked the development of natural gas and oil. I guess you didn't listen to hm on the campaign trail.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:57 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Doesn't your state have a regulatory commission? Most states set the rates and approve or deny increases.
Do you actually think the electric companies should go bankrupt for paying high natural gas prices? They know full well that natural gas is way up in cost.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:02 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I remember Obama saying he wanted Electricity to go high and Obama is getting his wish. My electric company is paying higher prices for natural gas and oil as that is why it is driving up my electric bill. The same usage last year was $100 less in the same month.

I know that Biden stopped fracking and crippled our oil industry pushing EV's. Looks like if electric prices keep going up EV's will cost more to operate. Now I know that this winter will bring much higher heating bills to just about everyone.

Obama wants everyone to put solar panels on their roofs and they are very costly to buy. It looks like this government is dictating the whole works on what energy costs and robbing us.

I also went to the supermarket the other day and prices are still going higher. A joke to say it is only 9.1 % inflation. My electric bill went up at least by 40%. Natural gas in up 300 % from what I read.
All this inflation and price hikes and shortages are the direct results of Biden's plan, by design.

Biden:

“My dear mother used to have an expression, out of everything lousy, something good will happen if you look hard enough for it,” Biden said. We have a chance here to make a fundamental turn toward renewable energy, electric vehicles, and not just electric vehicles and across the board.”

Last month Biden also let the cat out of the bag.

“When it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing when it’s over, we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over,” he said.

It's almost like this scene from the movie Serenity:

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: I don't murder children.

The Operative: I do. If I have to.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?

The Operative: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?

The Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
It is not exceedingly hot this year. It is normal. My bill says the usage is the same yet it is $100 more for the same usage.

Plus it always has been that way... half of any electric bill goes for upgrades to keep the grid strong. This is what California didn't do...they legislated they had to invest in green energy.

Natural gas produces electric in Florida and the price of natural gas is way up in cost. Translation. Your bill goes higher as natural gas goes higher. Biden attacked the development of natural gas and oil. I guess you didn't listen to hm on the campaign trail.
Biden knows he's raising the cost of electricity, but he doesn't care, Even while at the same time he's raising the cost and the demand for electricity, he's pushing us all to shell out $40,000-$70,000 for an electric car. We will be hit with higher electricity costs, and go in debt for that new car at the same time. Problem is, inflation is eating up our weekly paycheck, so we are really going to be hurting.

The entire world is going to be made to suffer, but Biden doesn't care, We all need to be sacrificed so he can make his better world, his Utopian fantasy. Biden won't even be alive to live in it. Besides, even if he did live long enough, he and his friends and cronies will be so wealthy, they won't even be affected. They will be living the good life, while we struggle to put food on the table.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:26 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:

I know that Biden stopped fracking and crippled our oil industry pushing EV's. .
You are misinformed. Biden did not stop fracking

Old 07-20-2022, 02:41 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Biden knows he's raising the cost of electricity, but he doesn't care, Even while at the same time he's raising the cost and the demand for electricity, he's pushing us all to shell out $40,000-$70,000 for an electric car. We will be hit with higher electricity costs, and go in debt for that new car at the same time. Problem is, inflation is eating up our weekly paycheck, so we are really going to be hurting.

The entire world is going to be made to suffer, but Biden doesn't care, We all need to be sacrificed so he can make his better world, his Utopian fantasy. Biden won't even be alive to live in it. Besides, even if he did live long enough, he and his friends and cronies will be so wealthy, they won't even be affected. They will be living the good life, while we struggle to put food on the table.
How is Biden raising the price of electricity? That is not within his power.

How is Biden forcing you to buy an EV?

Old 07-20-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You are misinformed. Biden did not stop fracking
Native Americans are not joining Biden's suicide pact to reduce energy.

Boom in Native American oil complicates Biden climate push

NEW TOWN, N.D. -- On oil well pads carved from the wheat fields around Lake Sakakawea, hundreds of pump jacks slowly bob to extract 100 million barrels of crude annually from a reservation shared by three Native American tribes.

About half their 16,000 members live on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation atop one of the biggest U.S. oil discoveries in decades, North Dakota’s Bakken shale formation.

Biden's policies and his destruction of our economy are making it difficult for oil & gas companies to operate at all.

Fracking Growth ‘Almost Impossible’ This Year

Halliburton Co. warned oil companies that don’t have fracking equipment leased for new wells that they’re probably out of luck for at least the rest of this year.

Supply-chain snarls mean oilfield-service providers like Halliburton can’t expand fracking fleets any time soon, Chief Executive Officer Jeff Miller told analysts during a conference call Tuesday. The hitch may represent yet another blow to US President Joe Biden’s efforts to expand worldwide crude supplies and relieve some of the inflationary pressure on consumers.

Old 07-20-2022, 03:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
How is Biden raising the price of electricity? That is not within his power.

How is Biden forcing you to buy an EV?
Many would argue that Biden isn't doing enough to encourage the purchase of EV's. Many believe he's not doing enough.

I personally don't want more aggressive action at the federal level

Old 07-20-2022, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Many would argue that Biden isn't doing enough to encourage the purchase of EV's. Many believe he's not doing enough.

I personally don't want more aggressive action at the federal level
I agree. Let the free market decide. For one thing, we need more electrical power generation to charge all of these electric vehicles, which means new transmissions lines and new substations. We also need to build massive numbers of both public and private EV charging stations. These also need be compatible with all the various manufacturers and battery types.

Our political leaders are ignorant about how it all works. They just think they can run up the cost of gasoline, and people will magically go in debt for a new car, and start replacing their gas powered vehicles with brand new $40k-$60k electric cars, and magically have charging stations in their garages, parking ramps in their cities.

This is like the feds trying to ban all land line telephones in the 1990s, thinking everyone will magically buy a $3,000 smartphone with a $200 a month cell plan, and having internet capable phone service wherever they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies