Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 04:45 PM

11,067 posts, read 6,887,781 times

Advertisements

I disagree. I think we should resist. I refuse to use their made up terms. We got along just fine without trying to change this kind of issue. Women are women and men are men. They should stop wearing it on their sleeve, and keep their private business to themselves. I'm a moderate but I start bucking and resisting when things are taken too far.

I feel the same way about Walgreen's supporting their employees who refuse to sell condoms (in the news lately) or fill a birth control prescription.

You don't take a job and then refuse to do part of the job. Walgreen's is dead wrong for supporting their employee(s) on this issue.

Walgreen's doesn't care about the issue. They care about "their base." Just like in politics.

If atheists took a Walgreen's job and refused to sell a religious greeting card or a baby Jesus statue (or something else religious in nature) you can bet your butt that Walgreen's would fire that employee.

It works both ways. No one should get to dictate their job duties and pick and choose based upon their religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 05:34 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
The term, "MOTHER" is a badge of honor, respect and love for the women with XX chromosomes that have children and care for them.
There is no such thing as a, (BIRTHING PERSON)! Only women can have babies and no one else.

Old 07-20-2022, 05:39 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
There must be a way to end this idiotic madness. Including the "they" and "them" BS.
When the majority take back our language. Right now, a 1% minority of seriously disturbed and confused people are making up new rules. Which I have no intention of following, BTW.

But this stuff is pure malarkey.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:17 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What exactly does that mean? Well I kinda know, but it seems to me our language and definitions are being misappropriated to justify a false dichotomy created for the trans movement.
Why is this being forced on us? and why is this being presented to children as true and factual? Why is this even considered plausible? it's not. Men can not get pregnant.

Call me crazy but it seems more of an attack on women/mothers then men.
I'll tell you what it is. It's what I called my biological "mother" for years. She had me, but she is not my mom.

It's what you call someone who doesn't deserve to be called "Mom", and it's definitely not "neutral". It is 100% an insult.

That's what these confused, brainwashed people want to label themselves - an insulting term that strips them of any identity. Fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
There must be a way to end this idiotic madness. Including the "they" and "them" BS.
You simply refuse to comply with their delusional demands.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:42 PM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
If moms are “birthing persons” then what are fathers? A sperm contributors?

Apparently, using the term “birthing people,” is in order to be more inclusive of transgender people, including transgender men and gender-nonconforming people who also give birth...
Regardless of who they think they are if you have a baby you are a mother

Old 07-20-2022, 06:49 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Not worth getting all triggered.

So hospitals ask when you go into have a baby, what pronoun do you prefer. You answer and that's the end of that story. It lasts two seconds at most....and is the most insignificant event of the birthing process.

If documents have birthers as the title what does it matter.

AS long as you get the care you need, the baby is born healthy and the family is good.

While many people believe that only a biological man and woman can raise a child...it's clear that isn't true. There have been single women, single men, two women, two men who have raised good human beings.

Not all birthers end up being the 'mom' to the baby. it is what it is people. Their is adoption, aurrogacy, etc.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:49 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,322,066 times
NY Birth Certificates are now gender neutral. They now say Parent #1 and Parent #2. My DIL conceived by IVF. The attending physician at the birth listed her as Parent #1. My daughter, her wife, is listed as Parent #2. Should they put Unknown Sperm Donor as Parent #2? Would they do that for a Straight Couple as well?

When I needed a new copy of my BC for Social Security 8 years ago, mine also reads Parent #1 and Parent #2. That raised a few eyebrows at the Social Security Office in another state.

Even the most popular Genealogy DNA site is doing this as well. Who did you inherit your ethnicity from? It also reads Parent #1 and Parent #2. I had to read through the results trying to figure out who was Parent #1 and who was Parent #2.

It is not woke but a matter of practicality. Even NY Marriage Licenses now read Spouse #1 and Spouse #2. Wife #1 and Wife #2? Husband #1 and Husband #2? Easier to just make everything gender neutral.

Old 07-21-2022, 08:25 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not worth getting all triggered.

So hospitals ask when you go into have a baby, what pronoun do you prefer. You answer and that's the end of that story. It lasts two seconds at most....and is the most insignificant event of the birthing process.

If documents have birthers as the title what does it matter.

AS long as you get the care you need, the baby is born healthy and the family is good.

While many people believe that only a biological man and woman can raise a child...it's clear that isn't true. There have been single women, single men, two women, two men who have raised good human beings.

Not all birthers end up being the 'mom' to the baby. it is what it is people. Their is adoption, aurrogacy, etc.
Words matter. Idiot. See how that works?

Old 07-21-2022, 08:46 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
It’s really insulting to be reduced to biological functions. Most women definitely prefer the terms, women and mother to birthing persons or bleeders or bodies with vaginas. We prefer breastfeeding and nursing to chest feeding. Why are we doing this?

Old 07-21-2022, 01:51 PM

2,417 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s really insulting to be reduced to biological functions. Most women definitely prefer the terms, women and mother to birthing persons or bleeders or bodies with vaginas. We prefer breastfeeding and nursing to chest feeding. Why are we doing this?
To be inclusive of those who identify differently. You can still identify as a woman or mother who breastfeeds. No one is taking that away from you. These are umbrella terms to include more people, but they don't take away your identity; they just respectfully include others who identify differently. You can be a mother or woman and still be included under larger umbrella terms such as person or human or parent and you don't feel insulted by that, do you? You can still be you. It shouldn't hurt to let others be themselves too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies