Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 12:53 PM

2,342 posts, read 970,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
CEOs create jobs. I still see "poor people" walking around with LV handbags and Air Jordans. I see illegal immigrants being given money and services hand over fist.

Do they? They just as easily ax jobs as well.

Their responsibility is to maximize profits for shareholders.

Old 07-25-2022, 12:55 PM

13,985 posts, read 5,647,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I'm one of those 200,480. I'll share with you all that in 20 years as President & CEO, I've never made over $500k/year. I'm not even a top 1%'er. If I was greedier, I could have made a lot more, but I wanted to retain my key people, & for them to be content.

I had a Sales Rep make $400k in '06, & he saved enough of it to put his 3 kids through college (all 3 had partial scholarships).

Most people are unwilling to do what it takes to become a CEO of a multi-million dollar business. I was unwilling to go beyond where I got to. The tax burden became too great for the hrs invested. At my peak, I was paying 80% of my income in total taxes & insurance, & working 60 hrs/wk.
Understood.

I have known maybe a dozen or so actual CEOs in various industries, company sizes, etc. And yes, it is a good living, but it is not Fortune 200/S&P 500/Musk/Gates/Zuckerberg money.

As you say - people have no idea what an actual Chief Executive does, and if they do, they are in no particular hurry to live the work life a CEO lives in order to attain and hold the position.

The primary reason we always see these "evil CEO" topics is because nobody actually knows what CEO work is like, but they figure it can't be hard. Therefore, they have easy jobs and get paid way too much, sooo....evil? Pure ignorance, plain and simple.

Old 07-25-2022, 01:03 PM

43,209 posts, read 18,363,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Understood.

I have known maybe a dozen or so actual CEOs in various industries, company sizes, etc. And yes, it is a good living, but it is not Fortune 200/S&P 500/Musk/Gates/Zuckerberg money.

As you say - people have no idea what an actual Chief Executive does, and if they do, they are in no particular hurry to live the work life a CEO lives in order to attain and hold the position.

The primary reason we always see these "evil CEO" topics is because nobody actually knows what CEO work is like, but they figure it can't be hard. Therefore, they have easy jobs and get paid way too much, sooo....evil? Pure ignorance, plain and simple.
Also shrills like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders constantly harping on how the rich have all the money and how we need to tax them to death.

Old 07-25-2022, 01:07 PM

20,165 posts, read 9,065,378 times
the majority of people that complain about CEO pay don't work at all.

Old 07-25-2022, 01:09 PM

18,469 posts, read 7,107,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/19/busin...usk/index.html

What can we all do against all of these evil villainous CEOs? How can we make things more fair to the little guy just trying to make ends meet?

Become CEO yourself instead of getting envious about what other people have?

Old 07-25-2022, 01:15 PM

8,946 posts, read 2,973,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Do they? They just as easily ax jobs as well.

Their responsibility is to maximize profits for shareholders.
And thank goodness. That's the exact, proper function of their job.

In the process of doing that, however, they will usually create jobs if they are good at their own job. Growth of the company (usually) involves adding more manpower over time.

Old 07-25-2022, 01:33 PM

9,537 posts, read 4,362,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/19/busin...usk/index.html

What can we all do against all of these evil villainous CEOs? How can we make things more fair to the little guy just trying to make ends meet?
If you think you can do a CEO's job, all you need to do is work your way up the ladder at your current job. Good luck. You'll be amazed to find that jobs become increasingly difficult, time consuming,and stressful the higher up you go. There's a reason CEOs get paid so much. Is it too much? I don't know, but why would companies pay them any more than they have too? Why is it that liberals think people in low-skill jobs deserve more pay than the market will bear, but think the same doesn't apply to executives? Yet another example of the hypocrisy of the Left.

Old 07-25-2022, 01:34 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,671,509 times
So did America's Star athletes and entertainers, actors etc...

why the beef with CEOs.. there are a ton of folks who make exorbitant amount of $ compared to the average joe..

Old 07-25-2022, 01:45 PM

318 posts, read 198,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Also shrills like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders constantly harping on how the rich have all the money and how we need to tax them to death.
If you need to whine about excessive income start with these hypocritical charlatans who've spent their entire lives enriching themselves on our tax dollars while pretending to be looking out for the interests of the average citizen.

Old 07-25-2022, 01:55 PM

9,537 posts, read 4,362,414 times
The CEO of the company I work for makes 86 times what I do. She's responsible for 720 times the number of employees I am, not to mention $45 billion worth of assets. Sounds like she's underpaid. Question for the OP: How many people do you manage? What is the value of the assets for which you are responsible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies