Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 08:00 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Federal laws do squat too. Criminals don't care.

Someone dumb enough to try and sue a gun manufacturer is gonna lose their shirt pretty fast. If, they can find an attorney dumb enough to take the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 08:08 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Federal laws do squat too. Criminals don't care.

Someone dumb enough to try and sue a gun manufacturer is gonna lose their shirt pretty fast. If, they can find an attorney dumb enough to take the case.
what i don't understand is why do you need a state "law" from the Gov to sue anybody in a civil court?

It sounds to me like Newsome signing this new law as a symbolic gesture.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:26 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Just ban guns, and ban Cops. That will solve all problems.

Liberal logic is from Bizarro World.
Now that’s just ridiculous. You’ll also have to ban crime. Yes, just ban guns, cops and crime.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:31 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Pandering virtue signaling is that. Not a crime fighting tool.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:37 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Don't blame their soft on crime blue policies, blame gun dealers. All major blue cities are going to turn into Detroit in the next 20 years. It's a self sustaining reaction because the cities keep voting in blue candidates no matter what their policies.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:39 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Yeah, Newsome did nothing that will have any impact for no other reason than a publicity stunt. If you really care about the topic, you should be upset by that.

Updated 2022 Mass Shootings list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...States_in_2022

Chicago running away with it again although at 27 that's a lot lower than last year when they were already at about 38.
That being said, 2nd highest is 14 (philly) followed by NY(10), Houston (8).

If the problem is *guns* then why does Chicago have 3x as many as Houston despite about the same population?
NY has a mass shooting rate adjusted for population at least 6-7x lower.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:52 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Oh my!

You mean CRIMINALS don't obey the law? ...I'm SHOCKED!
That's something these leftist radical morons just can't seem to grasp. It's such a simple concept but simplicity and fact are beneath the progressive intellect I guess. They would rather spend days on in trying to form a theory about why the simple truth doesn't apply. And it always comes out in a mish mash of gobbldegook that makes me highly doubtful as to the benefits of a college education.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:56 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Let me get this straight…. Emboldened criminals that are not held responsible for their crimes involving firearms AND a defunded/demoralized police force is going to lower the violent crime rates in California? Honestly, that is beyond a dumb ideal.

More gun laws in a State that already has some of the nation’s toughest gun laws isn’t the answer, but their politicians know this and it’s only another Feel Good law that doesn’t work.

But that’s a California problem and it’s up the Californians to fix it. I remember reading stories of Californians running to gun shops in LA during the 1992 riots wanting to buy guns immediately to protect themselves, but due to the laws that they supported and voted for, they had to wait 7-10 days before being able to take home that firearm…. AND they were beeching about that since it was an “emergency,” that those laws weren’t meant for “them.”

I guess in an emergency, you can always buy an axe from Home Depot or a Samurai/Viking sword, a spear or a bow and arrows!! I think as a citizen of the United States, I’d prefer a .45/9mm semi-auto pistol and a .223/5.56mm semi-auto rifle during a period of massive civil unrest.
Leftist blame shifting excuse making and rationalizing like a 2 bit junky on the street. They are hooked to progressivism and big government which requires laws to control the population not the criminals.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:06 AM

1,700 posts, read 613,123 times
Overreaching gun laws only put the law abiding citizens at a disadvantage to criminals. Criminals literally choose areas to target where they know they will have less resistance. The fact that this reality escapes the left is mind boggling.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:41 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Interesting, how with-in 2 days of Gavin Newsom signing his new gun control laws in California that Los Angeles had two mass shootings.

Gavin Newsom signs new gun laws on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZ7YYCrv20

Yet multiple mass shootings just in the city of Los Angeles

4 were shot just two days ago in the middle of Downtown Los Angeles and on Sunday afternoon. Seven people shot in a park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Yk3YMmo2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-3Lu5AG3qU
Gee - stunned that LA isn't cleaned up by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies