Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2022, 12:03 PM

47,010 posts, read 26,069,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Perhaps I should have clarified “in modern times.” Pants weren’t a common thing for anyone until what, the 1700s?
5th century BC, at least. My Germanic forefathers caused quite a stir among the Romans, with their barbarian leg-coverings.

Quote:
God commanded that women do not dress as men...
It is not really that surprising that the men in charge of telling people what God wanted - in a male-dominated society - would instruct their followers that the outer symbols of privileged male status were of course exclusive.

Quote:
I do find the frills and feathers of the pics in your link disturbing for a boy child.
Sort of goes to illustrate that "always" is a dangerous word. Cultural mores change, and sometimes at surprising speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 12:07 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,791,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic, because there is no way in H-E-double toothpicks that a two-year-old has any comprehension of this sort of thing. Stormy might think she's a boy today. And tomorrow she might think she's a dinosaur. And the day after that, she might think she's a rocket ship. Through it all, she's a girl. Period.

No, it's definitely the parents who are pushing it. For whatever reason, they want their little Stormy to identify as a boy. I suppose it earns them likes on social media from their leftist friends, and what could be better than that? Attention hogs, is that they are. They think they're just so special. Look at what they called their video or their blog or whatever: "My extraordinary family."
Activist teachers are also pushing this stuff too. There was/are supposedly a lot Tik Tok vids with teachers openly talking about it.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:07 PM

16,572 posts, read 10,676,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Instead of letting parents be parents, the right has made a huge deal out of it. Kids (and adults) tend to do the opposite of what is forced upon them. If the right would tamp down their desire to grow government and overreach into personal lives, this (like the bathroom bills) would be a non-issue.

They force it.

The left needs to follow the same advice on other issues, but this question was about why the uptick in Trans. It's largely because it's been made an issue, and the attempts to "forbid" it have backfired. Religious governments rarely succeed. The USA was formed because we didn't want this type of heavy-handed ruling. THe right has forgotten why America even exists.
This is some first-class projection here. And it's flat-out wrong. The right is not pushing this. The right is not trying to force transgenderism on a helpless population, nor is it trying to normalize it. Things like bathroom bills and efforts to "forbid" it are reactions; pushbacks against what the left is trying to shove down our throats.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:09 PM

291 posts, read 160,224 times
Social engineering at work.

It started with television and movies and has now overtaken social media.

Protect your kids.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:09 PM

43,253 posts, read 18,385,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The left needs to follow the same advice on other issues, but this question was about why the uptick in Trans. It's largely because it's been made an issue, and the attempts to "forbid" it have backfired. Religious governments rarely succeed. The USA was formed because we didn't want this type of heavy-handed ruling. THe right has forgotten why America even exists.
We currently have a Progressive government in charge.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:10 PM

24,547 posts, read 17,297,674 times
Kids go through phases and fads, we all had something that was our everything when we were kids. The problem today is way beyond a kid dressing up in all black and wearing a cape, is it Goth or Emo? I don't know but they grew out of it.

Dressing up is one thing but living your life and getting hormone treatments with your parents consent is dangerous and should not be allowed.

Would these parents of Trans teens allow their kid to get a face tattoo because that is the cool and in thing to do? I doubt it, but let's talk about that sex change and damaging your body for the rest of your life...

The Left has done this to the kids. They have confused them and are now allowing them to explore their sexuality when they should be studying. Dumb.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:11 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,798,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple47 View Post
This research is easy: liberals screwed up the US school. No parents would tell their child he has "the wrong gender."
My fear is that they will start prosecuting parents who push back. Say you have a girl who’s a little bit of a Tom boy, the school convinces the child that she’s trans or non-bionary but you don’t go along with it, want to wait until your child is older to make the decision to see if she grows out of it. Could this be considered child abuse to some liberal government?

Old 07-26-2022, 12:12 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,336,754 times
I would support legislation proposing the death penalty to ANYBODY who encourages children to believe they were born the "wrong" sex and that they are actually the other sex, that they should use different pronouns, that they should get "gender reassignment" (read: genital mutilation) as soon as legally possible.

I'd gladly volunteer to be a rifleman if any U.S. state passed such legislation AND the death penalty there was by firing squad.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:14 PM

16,572 posts, read 10,676,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, it's the other way around. Kids tell their parents they were born of the wrong gender. I wonder what conservative parents do with such kids.
They sit them down and explain to them that, while they may prefer certain personality traits that are traditionally associated with the opposite sex, none of that has anything to do with their actual sex. Then they explain that there is a fad that's currently raging in which it's trendy to consider themselves transgender. Strong people of both genders resist the trendy fads du jour and stand for timeless truth, one of which is that you are whatever sex you were born with.

If the issue persists, and it seems more deep-seated than a mere fad, then they seek out a counselor who has experience with gender dysphoria.

Here's what conservative parents don't do with such kids: they don't participate in their delusion. They stand against the current floodtide of liberal idiocy and help their children do the same.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:14 PM

43,253 posts, read 18,385,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Kids go through phases and fads, we all had something that was our everything when we were kids. The problem today is way beyond a kid dressing up in all black and wearing a cape, is it Goth or Emo? I don't know but they grew out of it.

Dressing up is one thing but living your life and getting hormone treatments with your parents consent is dangerous and should not be allowed.

Would these parents of Trans teens allow their kid to get a face tattoo because that is the cool and in thing to do? I doubt it, but let's talk about that sex change and damaging your body for the rest of your life...

The Left has done this to the kids. They have confused them and are now allowing them to explore their sexuality when they should be studying. Dumb.
Well this "phase" involves some non-reversible measures, like surgery and puberty blockers.

This isn't like dying your hair purple for a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies