Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 11:55 AM

26,047 posts, read 19,034,323 times

Advertisements

My M1 Carbine will protect my home without you whining about me having it. It does essentially the same thing as an AR--puts a hole in an intruder. But since it isn't as scary looking as you think the AR-15 is, I don't have to listen to you bellyache about it. Is it okay for me to have an AK? Or would you whine about that one? How about an Uzi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 11:58 AM

29,717 posts, read 14,807,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
My M1 Carbine will protect my home without you whining about me having it. It does essentially the same thing as an AR--puts a hole in an intruder. But since it isn't as scary looking as you think the AR-15 is, I don't have to listen to you bellyache about it. Is it okay for me to have an AK? Or would you whine about that one? How about an Uzi?
Or what about a KelTec P50 ? Chambered in 5.7mm and it comes with two 50 round mags. Seems much more scary than those evil black AR-15's.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/p50/

Old 07-27-2022, 12:00 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,982,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
In other words, any of these 2 scenarios would be evidential

Case 1:
An unstable person found to have been carrying a loaded gun either ceased to act or discontinued their act promptly after a law abiding citizen pulled out an AR-15 , either due to being deterred or was shot in an act of self-defense

Case 2:
An unstable person found to have been carrying a loaded gun and was not disrupted by any self-defense actions including that of a law abiding citizen with a non-semi-automatic rifle

If we have even one recorded evidence of either or Case 1 or Case 2 I could be more convinced that AR-15 guns provide something that any number of Americans feel they need for their protection. If not then I don’t know why this is needed
The McCloskey's are a recent example, as well as Sutherland Springs TX.

There are two.

But really, it's none of your business what I feel is best to protect me and my family.

It's much easier to hit a target with an AR than with a handgun. What's your logic, that I'm not supposed to have it because it works too well?

Edited to add this story that I had forgotten where a pregnant mother used an AR to fend off attackers: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ar-15-n1076026

There are three. And of course, there are many, many, many more.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Or what about a KelTec P50 ? Chambered in 5.7mm and it comes with two 50 round mags. Seems much more scary than those evil black AR-15's.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/p50/
Ooooooo...

Now that ought to cause an aneurism or two when leftists see it.

WARNING leftists! You don't want to click on that link! You'll need to clean your underwear if you do. Just saying.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:13 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,107,823 times
Well, let me put it this way.

How many AR-15s are in the hands of the population of the United States? Millions? Okay, so that is the same rifle, basically, across millions of citizens. It uses the same ammo, has the same parts, has similar firepower across the nation. These parts, that ammo is rather unified, available in mass quantities across the nation. If that is not the example of a fearsome, well tuned weapons system, then what is?

Now, say one is a crooked politician who does not want to do good for the country but unto themselves or even worse, steal from the people and not for the benefit for the people. Does one want to do whatever they want realizing that they are facing such unified firepower in the weapons system?

Or, would one rather say, "No more AR-15!" and disrupt that unification, shatter such capability, make the available fire power erratic, often probably without the reach to penetrate the walls of a politician's security? Essentially, destroy the effectiveness of the civilian army by knocking it back at least a decade, if not more?

That's what tyranny can be without such a common weapon and without such civilian capability of what the -15 has become, I think one would see a lot of lives lost.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:14 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,982,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OperationGumSlop_ View Post
Hmm, interesting. Looks like I gotta get another coffee for a long read.
Now when they say mass shootings, are they referring to just shootings where the goal is to mow down as many as possible? Or does it include crime where bystanders are collateral?

Because while crimes such as robberies and gang shootings are bad harm innocents, often times they’re not the target.
But mass shooters in the dems rig Uvalde/Columbine/Buffalo/El Paso/Pulse etc. are more about just taking out as many innocents as possible. There’s no motive to rob or gain anything but a kill count.

But I am surprised to see that the Virgina Tech shooting was done by a handgun. Now that I recall I do remember that.

So then it isn’t the gun itself that is primarily used. But I still gotta say that the AR did didn’t just kill them, their bodies were shredded up. It’s bad enough that they got shot.

Why would anyone need that kind of firepower?
Good god this logic has been debunked so many times.

Dead is dead #1.

#2, yes, an AR-15 compared to a HANDGUN is much more powerful.

In the world of RIFLES, an AR-15 is not all that powerful. It's medium to low powered.

And again, this is with it's traditional 223 Rem/5.56 NATO chambering. AR-15s are chambered in many other calibers from 22 rimfire all the way to 458 SOCOM and probably other custom ones.

News flash: All guns cause damage to people. Your grandfather's 30-06 is MUCH more powerful than any AR-15.

Running someone over with a car causes A LOT of damage too. I just don't understand this line of reasoning...you want something that just gives someone a love tap?

Old 07-27-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _OperationGumSlop_ View Post
But I still gotta say that the AR did didn’t just kill them, their bodies were shredded up.
Come on. Some of you folks act like a .223 is a 50 BMG or something. Such over exaggeration.

Here's a video that compares a bunch of rounds. The .223 is nothing all that impressive. The 6.5 was way more impressive. The last shot that you leftists would call a .223 is actually a 50 BMG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INdMTaVmT5I

Old 07-27-2022, 12:42 PM

27,238 posts, read 15,412,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
In other words, any of these 2 scenarios would be evidential

Case 1:
An unstable person found to have been carrying a loaded gun either ceased to act or discontinued their act promptly after a law abiding citizen pulled out an AR-15 , either due to being deterred or was shot in an act of self-defense

Case 2:
An unstable person found to have been carrying a loaded gun and was not disrupted by any self-defense actions including that of a law abiding citizen with a non-semi-automatic rifle

If we have even one recorded evidence of either or Case 1 or Case 2 I could be more convinced that AR-15 guns provide something that any number of Americans feel they need for their protection. If not then I don’t know why this is needed
Too occupied with the hatred of inanimate objects to do a search first?

Old 07-27-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Someone tries to invade my house I'll protect it with an AR15. Like this pregnant woman did.

"A pregnant Florida woman, armed with a semi-automatic rifle, gunned down one of two home invaders who had broken in and were pistol whipping her husband, officials said Monday."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ar-15-n1076026

Silly premise that doesn't make sense.
Why in the world does it have to be about an AR15?
Very likely that more defensive cases exist than offensive use in the US..

Old 07-27-2022, 12:53 PM

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/defensive-ar-15-uses/

More at link.

"A guy with an AR-15 defended himself and three others from a gang of seven masked and armed criminals (2018)
In Glen St. Mary, Florida, a group of seven masked home invaders with guns broke into a home with four occupants. After a shot was fired by one of the invaders, two of the residents defended the home with deadly force. One of them had an AR-15 and reported that he had to fire upwards of 30 rounds before the threat ceased. This led to the death of one of the home invaders and the arrest of five others."

"A Texan with an AR-15 took down three drive-by shooters, emerging unscathed (2017)
Over 40 rounds were exchanged during this drive-by shooting in Houston, Texas – but not even one of those rounds hit the intended target. Instead, the would-be victim defended himself against all three assailants by firing his AR-15 into their vehicle, killing two and severely wounding the third. No one else was harmed during the incident."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies