Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 12:25 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Poor republicans. Gas prices are coming down and they are sad
Yep. Biden more than doubled the price of gas and then reduced it 5%.

Thanks Joe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Funny how many Biden-haters make the comparison of how gas was low during the Trump lock-down, but now say things like this. I don't fault Trump for the pandemic, nor for his response to close down the economy. The latter is one of the few things he got right, but I find it ironic that the same people that touted his low gas prices are now using low gas prices as evidence of Biden doing a bad job.

Especially since EVERY credible economist predicted this recession as a result of Trump's monetary easing when the economy was already over-charged. Anyone who understands macro-economics knows (and knew) this would happen. I said it then, and got a lot of pushback. I remind people now, and they deflect about what everyone else did, or jsut resort to calling me names.

Fact is that this recession is a result of a lot of things. Biden's policies are not really a big factor. (Like I said in the other thread, Biden's policies will have some negative impact for sure, but we haven't seen them yet. You can pile all of that onto whatever we're seeing now in Trump's recession.)
Biden's policies are not really a big factor.

: smack::s mack::sm ack::sma ck:

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
And do you know what has brought it down? Fear of a recession -- brought on by Biden's own foolish policies. He owns it and so do the rest of you Trump haters who voted for this clown show.
I made no claims about the "why".

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Gas prices will decline when you destroy the consumer driven economy.
Since you Trump fans keep reminding us that gas prices were low when Trump was president, what you're saying is, Trump's low gas prices were an indication that the consumer driven economy was being destroyed when he was president.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:33 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Actually, it's not official at all. We aren't in a recession yet, but than I guess that would make for a less sexy thread title. Just some more CD drama.
oh yes, I read today the official callers "often wait up to a year to officially declare" which would take Joe and the Dems past the mid-terms and they could whine and fuss "they haven't OFFICIALLY call it a recession. Quit your complaining!"

the problem is - you can TELL people all day, and the MSM and Dems excel at crafting the narrative. But this doesn't work when you ask everyday people and their answer is not going to be "I'm not sure, have we done that 2 quarters of negative GDP growth yet?"

No, you're going to hear "of course! EVERYTHING costs so much more! But am I getting paid more? No!"

When the consumer economy - which drives what ... 2/3 of the economy? - doesn't feel like they have enough money to MAINTAIN their standard of living or, God forbid to Dems do BETTER ... then they are going to call it the one term they know: RECESSION.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:37 PM

5,938 posts, read 2,762,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Since you Trump fans keep reminding us that gas prices were low when Trump was president, what you're saying is, Trump's low gas prices were an indication that the consumer driven economy was being destroyed when he was president.
Nice try, bud.

Gas prices were low because of Trump energy policies, we were a net exporter of energy, inflation was low and we had a booming economy because of the Trump tax cuts and less regulations.

Under Biden, the opposite is occurring. Biden has destroyed the booming economy that he inherited, by doing the opposite of what Trump was doing.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:39 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No no.

Luckily the Biden administration was able to contact the folks at Merriam-Webster and threaten their families, just in the nick of time. If you'll look up "recession," it now says, "not what is happening right now."
They've "all" been falling all over themselves to expand the definition beyond the simple 2 quarters. I said 3 months ago they'd better spend time explaining that recession is a normal part of the business cycle and thus expend efforts on a soft landing. But they've gotten themselves painted into a corner now.

Consumer confidence is lower than the bottom of the pandemic when you were told to stay in your house and you might die any moment.

https://data.oecd.org/leadind/consum...-index-cci.htm

Old 07-28-2022, 12:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Yep. Biden more than doubled the price of gas and then reduced it 5%.

Thanks Joe!
You surely quite dearly hate Biden, but the drop in gas in my town dropped from $4.69 to $3.35 today is a lot more than 5%. At least you don't hate Biden so much that the price of gas only dropped by 1%.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:43 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Nice try, bud.

Gas prices were low because of Trump energy policies, we were a net exporter of energy, inflation was low and we had a booming economy because of the Trump tax cuts and less regulations.

Under Biden, the opposite is occurring. Biden has destroyed the booming economy that he inherited, by doing the opposite of what Trump was doing.
We are still a net exporter of energy. Oil production has been rising, and natural gas production has hit new records under Biden.

Both GDP and job growth under Biden has far exceeded anything under Trump.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:46 PM

5,938 posts, read 2,762,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
We are still a net exporter of energy. Oil production has been rising, and natural gas production has hit new records under Biden.

Both GDP and job growth under Biden has far exceeded anything under Trump.
2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP. The entire year of 2022 is in contraction. It only took Biden 11 months to destroy the rocketing post pandemic rebound economy. That's pretty hard to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies