Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 02:28 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

As if the conflicts in Ukraine and potentially Taiwan were not enough, the situation in Kosovo also seems to be getting out of hand tonight.
Seems there is some sort of ethnic cleansing going on in Kosovo, where Albanians don't like Serbs.
Kosovo is a wannabe country that resulted from Nato bombing the place out of Serbia many years ago.
Only about half the world's countries recognize Kosovo as a country. The EU has been trying in vain to make Serbia recognize it, but why would someone accept that someone else stole something from it?!

Old 07-31-2022, 03:05 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Ostensibly over license plates.

Old 07-31-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ostensibly over license plates.
Yes, I also read that. Ethnic cleansing via license plates. The Kosovo wants Serbs in the Kosovo to use Kosovo license plates, but the Serbs refuse to do so because that would mean accepting the robbery of Kosovo from Serbia.

Old 07-31-2022, 04:25 PM

Seems they have postponed the forced switch to Kosovo license plates and passports by one month to September 1.
But I doubt things will be any different by then... Serbs won't change their views...

Old 07-31-2022, 05:17 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
This is a European problem. The EU could use both countries desired membership in the EU as leverage to get them to behave. Serbia has always been a troublesome nation. They are responsible for the 1990s Balkan war, they also started WW1. They need to be watched. Still the carrot of EU membership could be a motivator to get both sides to return to sanity. They don’t want to go where they were 30 years ago.

Old 07-31-2022, 05:37 PM

19,056 posts, read 27,627,799 times
Just bomb them, you already have practical experience with that.

Old 07-31-2022, 06:11 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Just bomb them, you already have practical experience with that.
I didn’t know we were talking about Russia and it’s criminal activity in Ukraine.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:51 AM

908 posts, read 442,716 times
While I'm most certainly not a fan of Milosevic , Karadzic , Seselj , etc. , the truth is that the mainstream narrative surrounding the Yugoslav Wars is just as false as many other ones related to such issues , what with the portrayal of Serbians as having been the unequivocal devils with their opponents being saints .

In the case of Kosovo particularly , besides the fact of Albanian claims to the territory being rather questionable for starters , the KLA was anything but a bunch of heroic freedom fighters struggling for freedom and justice .

In fact not only is one of their most prominent ex members in detention on suspicion of having committed war crimes in the past , but many of their lower level ex members/supporters are still probably up to their necks in various underworld activities throughout Europe , ranging from heroin trafficking to white slavery .

Naturally the same is true of many other ex Yugoslav Wars era paramilitary members , which just goes to show how false the two dimensional " one side good , other side bad " narrative that is still fed to the public at large is .

Also expecting the EU to do any good with regard to settling this issue is a pipe dream IMHO , though I'll save expounding on that train of thought for now .

Old 08-01-2022, 01:54 AM

3,113 posts, read 940,134 times
I support Kosovo independence as its majority Albanian and they want independence. But what should have been done is re-drawing the borders, so the Serbs in the north stay part of Serbia. This would have eliminated most of this present conflict as Serbs in the north keep refusing to abide by Prishtina.

Then we should make an allowance for all Serbian churches/monasteries to be protected. And free travel for Serbian tourists.

Instead, I think NATO was interested in a frozen conflict to build a base there.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:16 AM

908 posts, read 442,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I support Kosovo independence as its majority Albanian and they want independence. But what should have been done is re-drawing the borders, so the Serbs in the north stay part of Serbia. This would have eliminated most of this present conflict as Serbs in the north keep refusing to abide by Prishtina.

Then we should make an allowance for all Serbian churches/monasteries to be protected. And free travel for Serbian tourists.

Instead, I think NATO was interested in a frozen conflict to build a base there.

Yes that would have been a far better approach to take compared to what was done instead , but unfortunately the NATO/globalist vultures are totally immune to any suggestion of nuance when it comes to implementing solutions to conflicts they deem worthy of stepping into .

It's truly sad that the likes of Clinton/Albright weren't sitting next to Karadzic and Seselj in the docket at the Hague back when all these trials started .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies