Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 11:47 AM

7,288 posts, read 3,796,563 times

Advertisements

There is a reason why single mothers were shunned in the old days, and it’s not entirely for moral reasons. It’s been known forever that male children of single mothers are more likely to be anti-social, undisciplined and lack impulse control: all prerequisites of criminal behavior.

One of the most simple games fathers play with their sons is roughhousing. In roughhousing, boys learn to temper their emotions. They learn impulse control and when to back down. Boys don’t get this from their mothers. It’s simply not in a woman’s psyche.

We need to stop rewarding women who are single mothers by choice. If we stopped paying single women to have children, it would be a self-correcting problem as far as the lower-classes are concerned. The women who have the means to support a child on their own (which are pretty rare, it seems), well, it’s a free country but that doesn’t mean that kind of irresponsible behavior should be celebrated.

A boy needs a father to teach him how to be a man; a daughter needs a father as an example of how a man should treat a woman. There’s a reason a male and female are required to have a child and in the larger picture, it’s not all about biology.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:04 PM

45,576 posts, read 27,172,269 times
I would probably flip that around to point towards disappearing dads as the blight on this nation.

The moms in many cases try to do what they can. The dads in these cases totally abdicate their responsibility.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:15 PM

25,725 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I would probably flip that around to point towards disappearing dads as the blight on this nation.

The moms in many cases try to do what they can. The dads in these cases totally abdicate their responsibility.
I agree. Its both the Mom's & Dad's fault for having a child when they are not in a solid relationship, & on solid financial footing, but the Dad's splitting is the larger issue, than the Mom's splitting or getting hooked on drugs to the point tey cannot care for their kid/s (although it happens).

Many single Mom's do a great job of providing, and raising their kids alone, and mamy times they get help from Grandparents, & other family members too.

How to fix it all excapes me. Making birth control, & quality education available and easily acessible in all urban environments woud be a step in the right direction. Birth control is more accessible to quality education. I believe Teachers Unins must be eradicated...they work against students. School choice is also a step in the right direction. And, enforcing the law.

It's not rocket science, but women of child bearing age, & single Mom's need help to bring these things about.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:17 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Can't blame the women. There are simply too damn many Hunter Biden's in this country. That and super soys that will never hit the mark, and even if they could, they are likely shooting blanks.

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
I always wondered how hard is it not to sleep with a loser man? Is it really that difficult?

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Ill never forget my son physically lashing out at my wife. I picked up my son by his collar and set him against a wall and told him he does not hit his mom and there is one alpha dog in this house and it aint him.

No hitting but he gulped and looked scared. It worked and it never happened again. I set him down and let him stew a bit.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:21 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Nah.

I think that honor goes to the federal government.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:25 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Lots of women are only parent because the man has left. Let’s not put all the blame on the single mom.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:26 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Just don't sleep with losers.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:29 PM

5,981 posts, read 3,724,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Yeah, but one big thing that you and Mattja are overlooking is the fact that many unmarried females PLAN to have children without marriage so that they can collect welfare and various other methods of financial support from the government.

It's called "gaming the system" and it's as common as pebbles of sand on the beach. Our government is actually ENCOURAGING the having of kids without marriage with all the government assistant programs for unmarried mothers. Do the math and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies