Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 01:27 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
She was not attacked because of Covid. Again - what does Covid have to do with the crime?

I've already explained how COVID relates to this story and how it impacted the victim's life. I can't understand it for you too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 01:57 PM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler5874 View Post
It's time for the MSM and the Biden Administration to address black crime in general and stop allowing multiple offenders to be released with no consequences.
The MSM will not report it. Silicon Valley will censure anyone commenting on it. Washington, DC power elites will ignore it. Wall Street oligarchs will simply insulate themselves physically in order to avoid it.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:37 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Police seek 3 teens and 11-year-old boy in brutal attack on 70-year-old Asian woman in San Francisco

Quote:
Police have identified the four juveniles. They are currently searching for an 11-year-old boy, a 13-year-old girl, a 14-year-old girl who was captured kicking the Asian senior in the head and an 18-year-old male,
11 years old,...

wtf people,...

Old 08-08-2022, 08:15 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I'm willing to bet that 11 year old learned to by violent from.....

1) Hanging out with gang members.
2) Being raised by a violent, unfit parent.

If a kid is that violent that young, and has the cruelty, violence, and hatred to attack a 70 year-old woman, said child had to have learned it from somewhere. I'd look to the parents (or parent). Someone taught that kid to be hateful and violent. He was raised up to be a monster. This is why I say it won't be enough to lock up the violent criminals on the street. We have more kids on the way who are so hateful, and so far gone, nothing seems to deter them.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:46 PM

There is one thing I've thought about. The USA is literally the only industrialized nation that will put minors in adult prisons. The USA is the only country that will sentence children as young as 13 to life sentences. Currently, there are 5 countries that execute children. All are in the Middle East/South Asia/Africa. The USA last had the death penalty for juveniles in 2005, the only industrialized nation to do so.

The USA tends to be tougher on juvenile criminals than other first-world countries, even now. However, it doesn't seem to stop the thugs in the inner city ghettos. It doesn't seem to put a dent in the cycle of hate, thuggery, violence, and vindictiveness. It's like the thugs who attack people and commit hate crimes don't care what happens next.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:07 PM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Here's an Asian man who was viciously assaulted last week in SF.
https://twitter.com/DionLimTV/status...39686445785089

Chew was reportedly walking along Third and Folsom Streets at around 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 2 when Derrick Yearby purportedly jumped off his bike to knock Chew to the ground before punching his face. Recalling the incident, Chew said he did not have enough time to defend himself with the pepper spray in his pocket, adding that nothing was stolen from him after he was knocked out.
https://www.yahoo.com/video/man-susp...131928771.html

On Sunday, six days after the incident, the San Francisco Police Department revealed that 34-year-old city resident Derrick Yearby had been identified as the culprit and had been taken into custody.

The assault reportedly left Chew with bruises, a severely swollen eye, and a shattered left shoulder.

The images and videos of Yearby that were used to help investigators find him were recognized by SFPD public information officer Kathryn Winters in a statement.

According to Foxnews, Yearby was taken to the San Francisco County Jail and lodged there after being charged with aggravated battery causing serious bodily injury, assault with significant physical injury enhancement, elder abuse, and assault with much force likely to cause substantial bodily injury.

Derrick Yearby is facing charges related to the attack on the former San Francisco commissioner. San Francisco police arrested Sunday concerning the assault confirmed they are investigating whether the victim was assaulted because of his background and ethnicity.

https://filmyvip.com/derrick-yearby-...er-hate-crime/

Last edited by john3232; 08-08-2022 at 09:23 PM..

Old 08-08-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
2nd reply.

It slippled my mind that two teenage girls were involved in this. I thought about something. I know someone who grew up in "the hood" during the early/mid 1960s. He mentioned girls in elementary school being as violent as the boys. I immediately thought about that.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:34 PM

I personally think if more people started carrying guns, at least self-defense will be possible.

Old 08-08-2022, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Well .... if it won't stop then keep 'em locked up. However... I will not and do not have to retreat, or allow myself to be physically assaulted. It's why I carry and give zero shi*s if someone gets lead poisoning who is trying to hurt me or my family.

There is a billboard on the interstate in my county that has a picture of a sheriff with armed citizens surrounding him... it says # wrong exit. 1 out of every 11 people in my county who are eligible to conceal carry, have a CWP.

Justice comes in many forms along with the inalienable right of self defense.
Yes, those violent criminals need to be locked up for being hateful and violent. However, you're not getting my point. There are much deeper problems. The threat of prison doesn't seem to have much of an effect. This problem has been going on since the 1970s. And California used to lock up alot more people back in those days. Doesn't seem to have much of an effect. Why? Because more hateful individuals are being born and raised everyday in the ghettos. The ghettos are literally like a world unto themselves. A bunch of violent criminals get thrown in prison. Somehow, some of them get women pregnant, and then the cycle starts itself over again.

By the way, I am not advocating anyone allowing themselves to be victims of assault. I have been a victim of violent crime. In the suburbs no less. I know what it feels like to get assault and money stolen. I know what it's like for several persons to jump you while you're just trying to go on an evening jog. I carry a 9 mm myself. All the more reason I say that the only way many of these thugs will be stopped is by being shot to death.

My point is that prison doesn't seem to scare violent thugs as much as some people want to believe. We need prisons. However, this is what I see. The hateful, violent dynamic in the ghettos seems to be getting passed down from generation to generation. Prison doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:50 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,002,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dang. I thought I'd open up the thread and read about how she went to the grocery store, there was no food on the shelves and she died of starvation on the way home....or are we not milking that trope anymore?
No, the greedy grocers had raised prices so much she could no longer afford to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies