Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 10:05 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In August, 2018 we were 3 months away from seeing how Americans really felt about the Trump Administration.

For the past 28 years every POTUS, Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump, began his term with a majority, then lost it. Can’t imagine it will turn out differently for Biden.

My current theory is that Biden will run only if Trump does. Once again, Biden may be the only candidate that could beat Trump. Can’t you imagine a 2x loss to Biden of all people?

I remain hopeful, Trump will step aside. The Republican bench is deep.
I think Amy Klobuchar (or any moderate Democrat) could beat Trump.

Old 08-06-2022, 12:04 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You people are making a YUGE mistake putting your faith and energy into Trump.

Trump running and especially getting nominated is the surest way to to get Democrats re-elected.

I don't understand why this is so hard for so many people to understand. There are way too many moderates and Republicans who will simply not vote at all or may even vote Democrat if Trump is the Republican option. The guy is toxic to the chances of a Republican win.

Nominate Trump if you want, but don't come crying back here after the fact claiming "rigged election" nonsense again.

You were warned.
Myself I didn't vote for Trump in the Republican primaries as I didn't know what to make of him? However I did vote for him twice once he became the Republican nominee as I would never under any circumstances vote for a Democrat no matter who they nominate for any public office or for any Democrat incumbent. However as president he really surprised me and did some great things for this country. He was for America first. The economy was humming along. Most importantly he appointed three great Supreme Court justices and tried his best to crack down on the illegal invasion of our country.

I believe that you are 100% correct about Trump running again. You have good sound reasoning. Indeed he's too toxic. Personally I'd love to see him run again and win in a landslide in both the electoral and popular vote. If only because that would really stick it to the Democrats and their sycophants in the media, they'd be apoplectic. That would be the greatest kick in their ass ever.

Realistically though I wish that he would just go away. Time for some new blood. At this point in time I'm hoping that it will be Ron DeSantis.

Old 08-06-2022, 04:40 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
My goodness, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted. For the first time in years I'm mildly optimistic about this forum and our country's future. GREAT, truthful comments!

What has been so shocking is the Trump maga crowd embracing mass repression and authoritarianism on par with the nazis. Maybe more people are seeing the truth.

And I am a registered Libertarian, not a democrat.
Yeah, its amazing to see so many negative comments about Trump in a forum that is mostly an echo chamber for the far right. This simply can't be allowed. I'm sure that this thread will be closed any second!

Old 08-06-2022, 04:46 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah yes, the showman desperate to stay out of jail for trying to steal a election while accusing the other side of doing so. Classic projection.

Get real folks, Trumps never going to be president again. Hes a loser.
Well, if Braindead Biden wasn't in office, and the country was doing really well, I would say that Trump would not have a chance, but we aren't even close to that situation as the country continues to drown in Biden-omics.

Trump isn't a loser. He was a great President. I'd rather have a showman with pride about his country than someone who didn't even know he was POTUS, or had to take medication vacations or be said to have COVID yet again, because he couldn't be out in public, because his brain has rotted along with his lack of decency and morals.

Hey, maybe it is time you guys on the left started dusting off ole' Hillary! Name recognition may be the best you can do.

Old 08-07-2022, 11:35 AM

8,338 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Oh, goody. Another senile president - just what America needs. Biden was 77 when elected, Trump would be 78. Everyone around here loves to go on and on about Biden's "dementia," but if you attempt to steal an election and inspire an upraising, I guess you get a pass. "Poor old dear. He really was himself back then."

A vote for Trump will be a vote for bread and circuses - well, at least the circus part anyway. Republicans hate the idea of government. They vote for Trump because the man is too much of a grifter and a con - plus just too damn stupid - to run a government.

America doesn't want to be saved so much as it wants to commit suicide.
Plenty of 78 yr olds have it more together than many idiot 30 and 40 yr olds. Being a leftist bigot is common but not all leftists have TDS.

The differences between Trump’s and Biden’s cognitive abilities are obvious to even those deranged Trump haters. They simply lie every chance they get. Trump haters are liars. Not all those that don’t vote for Trump are liars. But to suggest Trump and Biden are both senile is a lie.

Liars are often angry. Trump hater are angry liars. I don’t hate Biden. He’s simply a lost puppet that’s told what to do and say.

Old 08-07-2022, 02:00 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Always good to have a great rally rather than accomplishments.

Old 08-07-2022, 02:13 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Plenty of 78 yr olds have it more together than many idiot 30 and 40 yr olds. Being a leftist bigot is common but not all leftists have TDS.

The differences between Trump’s and Biden’s cognitive abilities are obvious to even those deranged Trump haters. They simply lie every chance they get. Trump haters are liars. Not all those that don’t vote for Trump are liars. But to suggest Trump and Biden are both senile is a lie.

Liars are often angry. Trump hater are angry liars. I don’t hate Biden. He’s simply a lost puppet that’s told what to do and say.
Biden has definitely lost a step but the choice between someone who listens to his advisers and makes intelligent decisions and an irrational madman who ignores his advisors. Easy decision but I would hate to see either running in 2024, plenty better choices from both parties. Too much Trump mythology from his supporters and they completely ignore his obvious lies, thank god they were able to stop him Jan 6.

Why wouldn’t anyone hate a president who watched our capitol being trashed while doing nothing, sure just irrational hate.

Old 08-07-2022, 02:17 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Biden has definitely lost a step but the choice between someone who listens to his advisers and makes intelligent decisions and an irrational madman who ignores his advisors. Easy decision but I would hate to see either running in 2024, plenty better choices from both parties. Too much Trump mythology from his supporters and they completely ignore his obvious lies, thank god they were able to stop him Jan 6.

Why wouldn’t anyone hate a president who watched our capitol being trashed while doing nothing, sure just irrational hate.
Yep. At least Biden has advisors who aren't lunatics and cretins. Trump had Ghouliani, Kraken Lady, Pillow Guy, John "fifth amendment" Eastman, Steve "loose cannon" Bannon, etc., etc. All "the best people".

Old 08-07-2022, 03:19 PM

8,765 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I think Amy Klobuchar (or any moderate Democrat) could beat Trump.
She had her chance.....didn`t do very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies