Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 01:57 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Personally I feel that our national security is more compromised by Biden's open border, with terrorists from all over the world coming in, than from a document at MAL.

Crucial documents weren't so important to DOJ and FBI until election season, like someone here said.

Some unnamed anonymous person's claim set them off on their hunt? And then when the order for a raid was issued, it was allotted a week's time or longer to be executed? So they took the weekend off and waited? Sure, sure. Bad optics and people see through this Bidengate sham.
Biden wanted Garland to hunt down Trump and told him so.
QUOTE:
As late as last year, President Biden privately said that he would like Attorney General Garland to prosecute Trump.
The New York Times reported:
Yeah. Some unnamed anonymous person's claim set them off on their hunt. And guess what, the hunt paid off. FBI found exactly what the informant said was there.

I suspect they had corroborating information for what the informant told them. FBI knows how to conduct an investigation. It's what they do.

37,229 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You were very clear in your thoughts.

So, prove that everything that he'd declassified has not been in the process of being entered into records as being such?

For a long time he's said he wanted to declassify many documents, and apparently he did .. a lot. How long do you think it would take to enter thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or more, of the declassifications into the records? It wouldn't happen overnight that's for sure, and it might take years.
It wouldn’t happen after he left office unless there was a written directive, and maybe not then.

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
New via NYT: At least one Trump lawyer signed a statement to DOJ that all classified docs were returned after June 3 — corroborating @Guardian reporting Tuesday that the Mar-a-Lago raid came amid concerns Trump lawyers weren’t telling the truth.

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...99720557121536

So Trump's lawyers lied. Who would have thought it?

Oh Wow!!
A Tweet with NYT quote!!
Well that changes everything!!
ROFL

Old 08-13-2022, 01:59 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Right now all I can say is thanks Merrick Garland! You now confirmed who our president will be in 2024! Sorry, but your actions backfired on you.
Wishful thinking. There will be [/i]some[/i] people who will end their support of Trump over this. There will be pretty much no one who will go into the Trump camp over this. Trump already lost in the popular and electoral votes in the last election. It's impossible for him to gain votes in the next election which will make 2016 turnout pale in comparison.

8,299 posts, read 3,815,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I think the Nat'l Archives as well as the DOJ already knew stuff in question was missing a number of months ago. It was the Trump legal team that kept denying it and continued the case into election season. This all would have been settled months ago if Trump had just come clean and returned the stolen items.
They knew stuff was missing... that's why they subpoenaed for it. Trump handed over some boxes and it took them time to sort through those to see what they had received. Additionally, they got tipped off by an insider that there was more.

This is the largest threat to national security in decades.

37,229 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
New via NYT: At least one Trump lawyer signed a statement to DOJ that all classified docs were returned after June 3 — corroborating @Guardian reporting Tuesday that the Mar-a-Lago raid came amid concerns Trump lawyers weren’t telling the truth.

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...99720557121536

So Trump's lawyers lied. Who would have thought it?
Whoever signed that statement is in deep poop.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:00 PM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
So now you guys are going to play the mid-term election angle? Yeah I heard that in 2020, how COVID would magically disappear after the election. Just stop making excuses and deal with reality please. This is really serious stuff, I suggest you recognize that and stop deflecting.

There is a reason I seldom visit this board. It's fun for a while but how some people's minds here work is mind boggling.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:00 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Oh Wow!!
A Tweet with NYT quote!!
Well that changes everything!!
ROFL
Be patient. In 5 minutes all the other news outlets on both sides will be saying the same.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:02 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Link to the letter? Did the lawyer also say something like "to my knowledge", or similar?
It was the responsibility of Trump or his designee to determine that they were not retaining classified material.

Period.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:02 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So now you guys are going to play the mid-term election angle? Yeah I heard that in 2020, how COVID would magically disappear after the election. Just stop making excuses and deal with reality please. This is really serious stuff, I suggest you recognize that and stop deflecting.

There is a reason I seldom visit this board. It's fun for a while but how some people's minds here work is mind boggling.
Sleepy Joe promised that but it didn’t happen as it was an obvious lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies