Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2022, 04:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,268,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The vast majority in both parties are, it's extremely telling that you think only many (or all?) of those in one are.
Bingo

Old 09-23-2022, 04:43 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,790,952 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should reread my previous post, where I'd picked apart the things that you'd claimed proved the DOJ's stance.
I don’t see any post where you address Trump has not presented ANY evidence and he is the plaintiff.

Please repost.

Judge dearie has pointed out trump has claimed
he declassified the documents

He has a possessory interest in the documents

The fbi planted evidence

DEarie wants evidence to these claims by 09/30/22

Last edited by ssmaster; 09-23-2022 at 04:51 PM..

Old 09-23-2022, 04:49 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
He really should just do his job and stop the grandstanding.

He should review the documents and determine if it’s privileged or not. The classification is irrelevant to his purpose.
He is doing his job. He's doing the job that Cannon refused to do. He's not grandstanding at all. Don't forget that this was Trump's pick.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Mar a Lago raided by the FBI

Trump was angrily all over his social media platform, again today, pointing the finger & insulting every one and lying about everything for his self inflicted legal problems which stem from his own betrayal of the country he once pledged to protect. He just keeps digging deeper with his document debacle and cowardly blame shifting. Typical miserable attempt to defend the indefensible by bullying. Shallow minded insults meant to intimidate.

These redundant and shallow minded insults to which Trump's political opponents have been subjected for 6 years---such as TDS, Hillary Hurt & Because Trump--- originate from the chip Trump and his supporters have had on their shoulders since 2016 and not from Democrats being sore losers.

In actuality, Trump and his followers were the biggest sore winners, I've ever seen. And I've been around for many, many elections. Trump and his right-wingers were so angry. It wasn't enough for them to win. They demanded total capitulation to their ideas and Trump's viewpoint. They were aggrieved because those who opposed his ideas didn't stop opposing them. They demanded total capitulation to Donald Trump and his ways.

Rather than celebrate their victory, the Trump supporters took on the position of aggrieved victims. When they should have been happy, they were angry. When they should have been confident, they were insecure. When their votes showed that they had power, they felt marginalized. And, even though they won, they felt that the process had been unfair. They learned this from their leader.

Because all Americans did not get onboard with their MAGA movement, they continued to blame all their fears, troubles and Trump stoked grievances on Hillary and The Left. Their mood was vengeful and their attitude was combative and they failed over 4 years to win the hearts and minds of the American people who didn't vote for him.

So Trump lost and he lost big and went scorched earth. And America suffers because of a 6 year and counting MAGA movement that has been immunized against fact, decency and our fundamental founding principles. A movement that continues to pledge allegiance to Trump over allegiance to America, even when the disgraced and defeated former POTUS believes himself above the law and is a threat to our national security and democracy itself.

The rule of law is not a given, it is something that requires constant vigilance. Vigilance is not obsession, as some would have us believe. All individuals should be treated in exactly the same manner by the law, while all persons should be subject to the same laws. Valuing and protecting this, and respecting accountability is not angry obsession or hurt feelings or TDS.

To claim so is just a distractive mechanism to mask the real TDS which is an alarming fealty to a deeply disturbed psychopath who believes that rules for others do not apply to him.
He's unhinged and blaming everybody but his own dumb self for his actions. That's what narcissists do. It's always somebody's else's fault and they are always the victim. He's textbook.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:52 PM

23,858 posts, read 12,705,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
I don’t see any post where you address Trump has not presented ANY evidence and he is the plaintiff.

Please repost.
Back when I said "Oh, you mean like the DOJ should have done from the get go?". The DOJ was the first to point the finger, it was up to them to provide solid evidence.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Oh, you mean like the DOJ should have done from the get go?

"Certifying"?
"based on my training and experience, I know that documents classified at these levels typically contain NDI."
Using the word "typically" does not certify anything.

Apparently not even the DOJ was sure about it...
“there is probable cause to believe that additional documents that contain classified NDI [National Defense Information] or that are Presidential records subject to record retention requirements currently remain at the PREMISES."

"or" is such a little word that means a great deal. In this case it means that they don't know which it is, in those two examples that they'd given in that affidavit.

Unknown, 'we' are not in the loop to definitely say one way or the other.
Trump is the plaintiff. The burden is on him.

The 11th Circuit deemed that classified or declassified, those 100 documents that the DOJ wanted did not belong to Trump.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Back when I said "Oh, you mean like the DOJ should have done from the get go?". The DOJ was the first to point the finger, it was up to them to provide solid evidence.
The DOJ is not the one who filed the lawsuit with Cannon. Trump is the plaintiff. The burden of proof lies with him.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
He is doing his job. He's doing the job that Cannon refused to do. He's not grandstanding at all. Don't forget that this was Trump's pick.
And this is his job...

Quote:
Two weeks after the execution of the search warrant, Plaintiff filed a motion in the district court asking for it to (1) appoint a special master, (2) enjoin further review of the seized materials until a special master was appointed, (3) require the United States to supply a more detailed Receipt for Property, and (4) require the United States to return any item seized that was not within the scope of the search warrant. Doc. No. 28 at 10.

...But Plaintiff has been clear that he is not seeking the return of the classified documents. See Doc. No. 58 at 6 (“In general, the Government’s argument is premature. ...
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...3-e2ff83050000

Apparently right now Dearie is busy doing his job and not leaking, and at this time neither the DOJ nor Trump are leaking or connecting any dots in this matter...and it could be this way for the next couple of months. Why is this thread still open at this particular time, other than it being an echo chamber for the anti's to post their wild fantasies and conspiracy theories?

Old 09-23-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The DOJ is not the one who filed the lawsuit with Cannon. Trump is the plaintiff. The burden of proof lies with him.
I didn't say they were. I said they were the first to point the finger, when they'd raided Trump and leaked or stated some things. It should have been up to the DOJ to be the first to settle the matter, not the person who they'd pointed the fingers at.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I didn't say they were. I said they were the first to point the finger, when they'd raided Trump and leaked or stated some things. It should have been up to the DOJ to be the first to settle the matter, not the person who they'd pointed the fingers at.
There is no "settling" the matter at this point. Trump decided to file a suit in response, so the burden of proof of whatever he's alleging is up to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies