Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 04:51 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2022/08/12/arizon...ion-on-border/

I still think they need to put speakers up that continually broadcast in English and Spanish, "You are trespassing illegally. Any attempt to breach the wall will result in you being shot."

You don't really even have to shoot to kill, just shoot to wound. The others will get the message, especially when the things that live in the desert come to eat the survivors.

Another great option would be to send the drones out with tear gas. Eventually, everyone will learn that this behavior is going to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 05:28 PM

6,826 posts, read 14,043,433 times
Is Mexico gonna pay for it.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:12 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
https://nypost.com/2022/08/12/arizon...ion-on-border/

I still think they need to put speakers up that continually broadcast in English and Spanish, "You are trespassing illegally. Any attempt to breach the wall will result in you being shot."

You don't really even have to shoot to kill, just shoot to wound. The others will get the message, especially when the things that live in the desert come to eat the survivors.

Another great option would be to send the drones out with tear gas. Eventually, everyone will learn that this behavior is going to stop.
I think they should put land mine warning signs all over the border, and every once in a while, remotely setting off an explosion in the middle of nowhere. They will think that those explosions are border crossers getting blown up, and they will stop trying to come across.

Or maybe just use real land mines. I think the casualties would be very minimal, and you would have a complete halt to illegal immigration.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:30 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think they should put land mine warning signs all over the border, and every once in a while, remotely setting off an explosion in the middle of nowhere. They will think that those explosions are border crossers getting blown up, and they will stop trying to come across.

Or maybe just use real land mines. I think the casualties would be very minimal, and you would have a complete halt to illegal immigration.
Thats a great idea for the ranchers on the border. Even signs may be deterrent enough

Old 08-12-2022, 08:39 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,358,943 times
Stacked containers seems like a very easy structure to breach.

Easy to conceal their approach to the border, and then just bring a handheld blow torch and breach the walls.

The only way the Berlin Wall worked was because they knew they would be shot if they tried to cross.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:10 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

Didn't you just violate your Hippocratic oath?

Old 08-13-2022, 02:43 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Didn't you just violate your Hippocratic oath?
How?

I clearly said to put up warning signs all over the place so people know not to go there.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:06 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

Easy to conceal their approach to the border, and then just bring a handheld blow torch and breach the walls.

The only way the Berlin Wall worked was because they knew they would be shot if they tried to cross.
This is the policy that the United States needs to adopt.

There's nothing wrong with shooting someone if you have given them the warning that they will be shot if they attempt to breach the wall. No questions asked, if you attempt to enter illegally, that's probably the hill you are going to die on. We have a right to protect our borders. Sure, there will be an uproar from the bleeding hearts, but the illegal immigrants will see very quickly the power of the If/Then statement:

"If you attempt to cross illegally, then you will be shot on sight."

Old 08-13-2022, 09:34 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

That is the case with any wall or barrier, it needs to have people at the ready to stop others that would breach it.

I still wonder how many of those people that think walls are racist and think that open borders are a positive will scale a fence at the local amusement park or a concert? What stops them? Are they afraid of being caught by security and tossed out or possibly arrested? With their mentality about the Border it would seem that only Chumps pay for a ticket and wait in lines...

Good for Arizona doing something to protect their Citizens and the Nation. It is clear that the Left doesn't think America is worth protecting.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:41 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
So this is a 3000 foot section near Yuma where the fence has not yet been completed. Contracts went out a week or so ago to do just that. Not to miss a quickly fading opportunity to score political points, Ducey had some containers put up for a photo op. It's on federal land. They did not get federal OK. Fortunately we will be done with Ducey in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies