Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 07:41 AM

25,986 posts, read 22,181,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The oral polio vaccine is no longer used in the US.

Covid was not "passed off as the flu" because they are two different viruses and testing can differentiate the two.

Having infections with significant risks of morbidity and mortality does not "build" the immune system. In fact measles infection damages the immune system for up to three years.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03324-7

Rubella during pregnancy can cause serious birth defects, mumps can result in infertility, and measles can cause encephalitis, blindness, and deafness.

Thinking about one's health before a virus circulates should include vaccination.

There were three types of polio. Wild types 2 and 3 have been eradicated.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...es/15655-polio

You can get it from the oral vaccine, which contains live virus. You cannot get it from the intramuscular vaccine, which uses killed virus.

Polio is just a contraction of poliomyelitis.

Perhaps you mean muscular injury, not skeletal injury?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...251-4/fulltext

Note that this phenomenon is no longer relevant in countries that have eliminated polio.

There is no practical way for an individual to know whether he is or is not genetically at risk to get paralysis with polio.
You probably don't get it in your media feed, but others might remember when "fruit" tested positive for COVID. Maybe that was just the flu? Yes, it is funny when you fleece the world for profit! Also, if they discontinued the oral polio vaccine, doesn't that mean they found it SAFE originally?

No, vaccination is not a part of staying healthy. Good grief, look at what many of those that got the COVID vaccine are now suffering. With their suppressed immune systems, could that be why polio is becoming visible rather than silently moving undetected in people who would normally not show symptoms if they had not compromised their immune system with the COVID vaccine.

https://labblog.uofmhealth.org/lab-r...omes-dangerous

“Most outbreaks of type 2 polio virus are caused by the vaccine. Then you have a problem where our best weapon is that same vaccine, so you’re kind of fighting fire with fire,” says Lauring." OK, what is to say that eventually they admit to the harm done by the injected vaccine? I mean, they kept giving the oral vaccine even after they knew it was causing the virus in some cases.

You were here promoting the COVID vaccine, remember that?

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...ot-vaers-data/

"VAERS data released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show 1,371,474 reports of adverse events from all age groups following COVID-19 vaccines, including 29,981 deaths and 249,116 serious injuries between Dec. 14, 2020, and July 29, 2022."

And, I don't know where you get your information, but had you did research on the mRNA vaccine, maybe you would not have been as anxious to be here encouraging people to take it, as I posted the link to the 2018 study that talked about the side effects of autoimmune disease and blood clotting. It is suspected that it suppresses the immune system - think monkey pox, polio and many other things that are surfacing like never before.

Go ahead and be vaccinated. We have a household of 3 adults, two seniors and an adult child with Down syndrome, all medication and vaccine free, well, for the last 30 years as we had shots in order to go to school, you know, back then when it was not a constant "get the vaccine", and things like autism and birth defects were far fewer!

Isn't it "interesting" that many chose not to get the COVID vaccine, and now here comes polio, and we are being encouraged to get the vaccine for that.

So, who here has a personal interest in the profits of Big Pharma? I do not get my information from the media, I get it from the "science", and generally before viruses became "political" in nature, but one has to really dig through the internet to find older studies, as much of what I read was removed from the internet after COVID became "political".

I encourage everyone to do your research. So much misinformation is spread and with the internet, studies done by scientists (not supporters of Big Pharma) are readily available. Weight the odds to make sure they are not playing you like they did with COVID!

This is a must read for the injected vaccine as far as types of vaccine and possible minor to severe side effects: https://immunizationinfo.com/polio-v...-side-effects/ Pay particular attention to the shoulder injury information as that is becoming more common, and I suspect it has something to do with all the "quickie" setups where you get whoever injecting you.

"My body, my choice", and I bet more die from abortion than polio!

Vaccination and medication are not a part of our healthy lifestyle - do the "math", or should I say "science".

My guess is those that have been previously vaccinated will be encouraged to get the vaccine again and again, as Big Pharma can't make money unless they sell their wares! And, Big Pharma political contributions................ Of course, that would not have anything to do with the government pushing vaccines worth billions to Big Pharma though! Yeah, if you believe that, I have a COVID vaccine that almost 100% effective, oh wait................

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 08-12-2022 at 08:10 AM..

Old 08-12-2022, 07:42 AM

5,075 posts, read 2,286,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Really?

IS that why the NYC mayor is suddenly promoting drinking tap water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9AXq1DxksA
Maybe a tiny bit off topic, but I love NYC tap water. Beats NJ water for sure.

As for polio, do we know for sure that a vaccine received 40-45 years ago is no longer effective?

Old 08-12-2022, 07:48 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,973,761 times
Quote:
How many cases per year?

How many were paralyzed?

How many deaths?
You are the one who likes to look up statistics. Why don't you find out for us.

Having a vaccine that prevents disease from killing and or maiming children is a good thing in my mind. I grew up in the time before most of these vaccines were available. I remember the worried conversations of parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles whenever a child we knew came down with one of these diseases. They were lethal for enough kids to really worry the adults. People lost children to these diseases and now we can prevent them. I see that as a good thing.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:43 AM

25,986 posts, read 22,181,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Maybe a tiny bit off topic, but I love NYC tap water. Beats NJ water for sure.

As for polio, do we know for sure that a vaccine received 40-45 years ago is no longer effective?
No, they believe it was effective for years, and maybe a lifetime, but Big Pharma will most likely promote being vaccinated again and again and again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post

Having a vaccine that prevents disease from killing and or maiming children is a good thing in my mind. I grew up in the time before most of these vaccines were available. I remember the worried conversations of parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles whenever a child we knew came down with one of these diseases. They were lethal for enough kids to really worry the adults. People lost children to these diseases and now we can prevent them. I see that as a good thing.
Yeah, trust vaccines, that is the way to go, NOT ALWAYS:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

"In April 1955 more than 200 000 children in five Western and mid-Western USA states received a polio vaccine in which the process of inactivating the live virus proved to be defective. Within days there were reports of paralysis and within a month the first mass vaccination programme against polio had to be abandoned. Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10."

Yes, they no longer give the oral polio in the USA, but doing one's due diligence is certainly warranted if they give a darn about their own well-being and that of those they oversee.

Again, this is something for which can show no symptoms, and to risk injury or death, hard pass! Those with compromised immune systems will have to weigh this carefully.

Oddly, much of the data I saw on polio while researching COVID appears to no longer be on the internet.

Everyone should be making an informed choice, and not swayed by the rhetoric that is being powered by the $$$$$$$$$$$$ of Big Pharma. Those politicians need those dollars to keep getting elected!

Old 08-12-2022, 09:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,776,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
About ten or so years ago, I read article in one of them popular science magazines.Wish I remebered exact name. Anyhow. Article was about outbreak of polio in Britain. Cause was determined as - polio vaccine. Apparently, pathogen in it was flushed out with human feces into the nature, then there mixed with the normal fauna food, and ending in animals, normally consumed by humans, like pigs.

Just saying.

Of course, NOW, there is no "proof" to vaccine shedding. Outside of maybe voices like this:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-61915794
Haven't we been through similar with COVID vaccines? Shedding virus by vaccinated?
The live vaccine sheds. If you had the sugar cube, you had the live vaccine. Most of polio on third world countries is due to the live vaccine and not natural polio.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, they believe it was effective for years, and maybe a lifetime, but Big Pharma will most likely promote being vaccinated again and again and again and again.

Yeah, trust vaccines, that is the way to go, NOT ALWAYS:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

"In April 1955 more than 200 000 children in five Western and mid-Western USA states received a polio vaccine in which the process of inactivating the live virus proved to be defective. Within days there were reports of paralysis and within a month the first mass vaccination programme against polio had to be abandoned. Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10."

Yes, they no longer give the oral polio in the USA, but doing one's due diligence is certainly warranted if they give a darn about their own well-being and that of those they oversee.

Again, this is something for which can show no symptoms, and to risk injury or death, hard pass! Those with compromised immune systems will have to weigh this carefully.

Oddly, much of the data I saw on polio while researching COVID appears to no longer be on the internet.

Everyone should be making an informed choice, and not swayed by the rhetoric that is being powered by the $$$$$$$$$$$$ of Big Pharma. Those politicians need those dollars to keep getting elected!
Yes, in 1955 there was a bad polio vaccine. That has long since been corrected. FDA has more stringent testing requirements now, partly because of that problem vaccine in 1955.

Aside from the COVID vaccine and a few of the other newer vaccines, most vaccines today have decades of use that prove they are safe.

Yes, I agree everyone should be making an informed choice. But to avoid life saving vaccines that have been proven safe and effective over decades of use is foolish IMO.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:46 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,967,847 times
Quote:

I know the stats.

The opinions you post show that you are completely unaware of the stats. Because your posts do not reflect the facts. At all.

Are you 85 years old? Wow. You'd have to be that old to remember those conversations, congrats on your longevity.

And to know.... what 100 kids that came down with polio?? Very rare, your family must've known everyone in the US. Since not many kids ever had polio. According to the STATISTICS. Which, of course, you haven't posted.

Stop trying to terrorize others with misinformation.

How many kids died each year from polio? Do you know? Nope.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Yes, in 1955 there was a bad polio vaccine. That has long since been corrected. FDA has more stringent testing requirements now, partly because of that problem vaccine in 1955.

Aside from the COVID vaccine and a few of the other newer vaccines, most vaccines today have decades of use that prove they are safe.

Yes, I agree everyone should be making an informed choice. But to avoid life saving vaccines that have been proven safe and effective over decades of use is foolish IMO.
How many kids died from polio?

Old 08-12-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I know the stats.

The opinions you post show that you are completely unaware of the stats. Because your posts do not reflect the facts. At all.

Are you 85 years old? Wow. You'd have to be that old to remember those conversations, congrats on your longevity.

And to know.... what 100 kids that came down with polio?? Very rare, your family must've known everyone in the US. Since not many kids ever had polio. According to the STATISTICS. Which, of course, you haven't posted.

Stop trying to terrorize others with misinformation.

How many kids died each year from polio? Do you know? Nope.
And you assume they had the same reporting mechanisms and computer data bases back then that we have today. Hint... there were no computers in the 1940s and early 50s, unless you want to count the Babbage machine. Any statistics from back then are grossly under reported.

I am in my 70s and I remember. My 88 year old friend also remembers. A lot of kids died from diseases that can now be prevented with vaccines. If you think it's better to let them die, that's on you.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
And you assume they had the same reporting mechanisms and computer data bases back then that we have today. Hint... there were no computers in the 1940s and early 50s, unless you want to count the Babbage machine. Any statistics from back then are grossly under reported.

I am in my 70s and I remember. My 88 year old friend also remembers. A lot of kids died from diseases that can now be prevented with vaccines. If you think it's better to let them die, that's on you.
Polio was a huge threat don't you remember?

They were dang sure that the numbers were collected. They needed to know so they could say ... HEY LOOK AT ALL THE KIDS DYING FROM POLIO!!!!

Or are you claiming they just made the numbers up? Or exxagerated the threat of polio?

Pick a lane, please.

So... AGAIN

How many kids died of polio?

In your 70s? You would be too young to remember any adult conversations about polio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies