Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 06:18 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times

Advertisements

Should democrats be able to dip into your retirement savings?

I just saw this question being asked in a survey graphic on a webpage I was visiting. Yikes. I can't post the graphic here but Yikes!

Ordinarily I'd say this is crazy and would never happen but each day now is crazier and sicker. This is just another thing to worry about with the horrible people we have in office. They don't help you but want to take everything they can from you.

I never ever worried about my safety or these type things happening with Trump in office. These are scary times when you have the IRS increasing and carrying guns and the dems wanting to arrest Trump...and you know they will because no one can stop it from happening no matter if he is innocent or guilty, he will be arrested and you know it.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 08-12-2022 at 07:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 06:25 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,582,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
This is just another thing to worry about
No it isn't.

People have been saying this for years, through every administration. The ease with with you cede to fear-mongering isn't something everyone else has to worry about, but you enjoy yourself!

Old 08-12-2022, 06:29 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:

I just saw this question being asked in a survey graphic on a webpage I was visiting. Yikes. I can't post it here but Yikes!

Ordinarily I'd say this is crazy and would never happen but each day now is crazier and sicker. This is just another thing to worry about with the horrible people we have in office. They don't help you but want to take everything they can from you.

I never ever worried about my safety or these type things happening with Trump in office. These are scary times when you have the IRS increasing and carrying guns and the dems wanting to arrest Trump...and you know they will because no one can stop it from happening.
The way they are going to dip into your retirement savings, is they are going to say, "You saved too much. We are not going to give you the social security money that you paid into your entire life."

Money is fungible.

It's ALL your money.

They will start taking away from you in the ways that appear to be least invasive, and work their way up to the more invasive, as they see fit.

But make no mistake, there is no difference between them taking away your social security that you paid into, or taking money directly from your 401K.

It is just a trick to make you feel a little less violated.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:37 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The way they are going to dip into your retirement savings, is they are going to say, "You saved too much. We are not going to give you the social security money that you paid into your entire life."

Money is fungible.

It's ALL your money.

They will start taking away from you in the ways that appear to be least invasive, and work their way up to the more invasive, as they see fit.

But make no mistake, there is no difference between them taking away your social security that you paid into, or taking money directly from your 401K.

It is just a trick to make you feel a little less violated.
This.

That's all any of this is. Add in an entire medical industry that exists partly to be the "pre" estate tax. Get Meemaw and Pawpaw in the doctor's office like 8x a month, get them on a couple dozen meds, promise one form of medical immortality after another...drain that life savings into the coffers of Big Healthcare Inc. If they have anything left...tax their descendants. Thou shall not transfer money between generations.

All part of the same "nobody will build wealth in this country without prior oligarchy authorization" scheme.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:42 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,087,365 times
Sounds like it came from a right-wing nut job web site, or a Russian/Chinese spam site designed to instill fear.

Silly thought. Not going to happen unless we get a LONG way from where we currently stand economically, socially, legislatively, and just about any other dynamic you can consider.

But it does stir up conversation, however ridiculous.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:46 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:

I just saw this question being asked in a survey graphic on a webpage I was visiting. Yikes. I can't post the graphic here but Yikes!

I never ever worried about my safety or these type things happening with Trump in office. These are scary times when you have the IRS increasing and carrying guns and the dems wanting to arrest Trump...and you know they will because no one can stop it from happening.
Web sites are very easy to create and publish. Anybody can publish anything.

You should look for reputable news sources and not be fooled by some lone idiot who makes a web site.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:48 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
No it isn't.

People have been saying this for years, through every administration. The ease with with you cede to fear-mongering isn't something everyone else has to worry about, but you enjoy yourself!
Who would have ever thought the IRS would be increased as it will be and that the IRS will carry guns. Is that fear mongering?

Who would have ever thought we'd have police defunding and criminals running wild and not held accountable? Fear mongering?

Who would have ever thought we'd have such high inflation and be in a recession? Fear mongering?

Who would have ever thought our country would have a man as president that barely knows he's alive and shakes hands of invisible people? Fear mongering?

Who would have ever thought we'd have wide open borders and fentanyl flowing in freely like we do? Fear mongering?

Who would have ever thought a former president's home would be raided? Fear mongering?

Where ya been living...under a rock? Wake up. Pay attention.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 08-12-2022 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-12-2022, 06:51 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,972 times
Quote:
Who would have ever thought the IRS would be increased as it will be and that the IRS will carry guns. Is that fear mongering?

Who would have ever thought we'd have such high inflation and be in a recession? Fear mongering?

Who ever thought we'd have wide open borders and fentanyl flowing in freely like we do? Fear mongering?

Who ever thought a former president's home would be raided? Fear mongering?

Where ya been living...under a rock? Wake up. Pay attention.
True statements.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:53 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Sounds like it came from a right-wing nut job web site, or a Russian/Chinese spam site designed to instill fear.

Silly thought. Not going to happen unless we get a LONG way from where we currently stand economically, socially, legislatively, and just about any other dynamic you can consider.

But it does stir up conversation, however ridiculous.
Read my post. Many, many, many democrats believe that millionaires shouldn't receive social security.

Most of those millionaires are millionaires because of their retirement savings.

In other words, democrats want them to be penalized because of their retirement savings.

What is the difference whether they take away their social security money, or take the money directly from their 401k?

The person still loses the same amount of money, all for the crime of "saving too much".

Old 08-12-2022, 07:01 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Nothing should surprise us anymore. The democrats are sneaky and they will bury their agenda in some Bill with a cute name, pass it and then we have to deal with the fallout.

I would not be surprised if they did tap our retirement funds at a higher tax rate or some other scheme because you know "Equity". In their minds it just is not fair that you worked hard and put some money away when some people don't work and have nothing for their future. Why should those people with nothing suffer when you have so much?

The Democrats flat out do not like people that can take care of themselves because they cannot be controlled. Independent Thought is Bad and Independent Wealth is also Bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies